Thirty-Nine is offline Registered User

Anyone Going To Playoff Games This Year?

Like all of you, I had hoped to be watching the Rams in the playoffs this season, but we all know how that turned out...:\

So my brother and I will be wearing our Rams jerseys at the Chargers vs. Titans playoff game at Qualcomm in San Diego on Sunday, and my girlfriend and I will be at the Packers/TBD NFC Divisional playoff game at Lambeau on January 12.

I was also going to try for the NFC Championship game in Dallas on January 20, but that is probably not going to pan out.

Is anyone else traveling to a postseason game this year?

Go Rams! :r

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Anyone Going To Playoff Games This Year?

Nope....no playoff games for me this year. That is a lot of money to drop on various teams. I have been to a couple of playoff games but I have always been invited to them by people I know and they have been driving distance.

Welcome to the clan thirty-nine. Have fun at the playoff games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Even though Gillette Stadium (Patriots) is 20 minutes away from where I live I wouldn't spend 1 cent on one of their games, playoffs or not!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

my girldfriends brother is a big Cowboys fan and got tickets to their first round game so I'm driving.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    my girldfriends brother is a big Cowboys fan and got tickets to their first round game so I'm driving.
    What is that a two hour drive for you? I guess these are the last couple of games in that stadium before they move to the next one. Have you been to games there before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Yea, it's only about 130 miles or so. Haven't been to a game there yet but it should be fun.

Thirty-Nine is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Nope....no playoff games for me this year. That is a lot of money to drop on various teams. I have been to a couple of playoff games but I have always been invited to them by people I know and they have been driving distance.

Welcome to the clan thirty-nine. Have fun at the playoff games.
    Thanks for the welcome

San Diego is driving distance, and the tickets were not very expensive. As of yesterday, they could still be had through TicketMaster for face value. The market is pretty soft. I scored Club seats from a season seat holder who was worried about losing his money, and who sold them to me last-minute, below face value.

I have always wanted to see a game at Lambeau, and figured this was the time to go, as Favre's future status is uncertain. If the Packers lose there and he retires, I will have seen his last game. If they win and he retires, I will have seen his last game at Lambeau. Even if he doesn't retire, I will have seen him in Green Bay.

I love football, and am a total NFL addict, so I don't mind spending the money. At some point, I want to see a game in every NFL stadium. This season I added Qwest Field, the Lousiana Superdome, and with the playoff game, I will add Lambeau to my list. I still need to make it to the Ed, and next season I will. I am going to try to make it for the Rams home opener. I am planning to go to Soldier Field and Arrowhead next season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
    Thanks for the welcome

San Diego is driving distance, and the tickets were not very expensive. As of yesterday, they could still be had through TicketMaster for face value. The market is pretty soft. I scored Club seats from a season seat holder who was worried about losing his money, and who sold them to me last-minute, below face value.

I have always wanted to see a game at Lambeau, and figured this was the time to go, as Favre's future status is uncertain. If the Packers lose there and he retires, I will have seen his last game. If they win and he retires, I will have seen his last game at Lambeau. Even if he doesn't retire, I will have seen him in Green Bay.

I love football, and am a total NFL addict, so I don't mind spending the money. At some point, I want to see a game in every NFL stadium. This season I added Qwest Field, the Lousiana Superdome, and with the playoff game, I will add Lambeau to my list. I still need to make it to the Ed, and next season I will. I am going to try to make it for the Rams home opener. I am planning to go to Soldier Field and Arrowhead next season as well.

Seeing Favre and the Packers at Lambeau would be a good game to watch especially if Favre retires after this season.

I enjoy visiting the different stadiums and watching games in different places so I can understand your wish to see a game in all the stadiums. That would take a few years to get to them all. The next couple of weeks should be exciting for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]