RamWraith is offline Registered User

Archuleta couldn’t Bear failure

By Jeff Gordon
    08/14/2007 4:54 am

Former Rams safety Adam Archuleta signed a $30 million free agent deal with the Redskins last season, then immediately flopped. By the middle of the season, he was relegated to the special teams.

His coaches quit talking to him. The media pounded him. It was not a good scene.

“The contract was a blessing,” Archuleta told the Chicago Sun-Times. “I changed as a person. I had to dig deep in order to come out of it without it really affecting me and tearing me up.

“On a superficial level, it allowed me a chance in the middle of my career to get healthy, to not get that wear and tear the last two months of the season on my body. It kind of rejuvenated me.”

At the time, though, it was no fun.

“I wasn’t a very friendly guy last year,” he said. “I was going through a tough time, and when I get like that, I seem to get a little detached. I’m notorious for taking my job home, and that’s another thing I learned, to have more balance in my life.”

Now he is happy to be a Bear, reunited with coach Lovie Smith.

“The transition, especially if I compared it to last year, has been seamless,” he said. “I feel like the locker room has accepted me right away. Everything has worked out the way it was meant to work out.”

No word on whether he actually intends to tackle anybody this season, unlike his last year with the Rams and his only year in Washington D.C. . . .

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Talking Re: Archuleta couldn’t Bear failure

No word on whether he actually intends to tackle anybody this season, unlike his last year with the Rams and his only year in Washington D.C. . . .
    Maybe he doesn't want to jeopardize his renegotiation
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Archuleta couldn’t Bear failure

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    By Jeff Gordon
    08/14/2007 4:54 am

Former Rams safety Adam Archuleta signed a $30 million free agent deal with the Redskins last season, then immediately flopped. By the middle of the season, he was relegated to the special teams.

His coaches quit talking to him. The media pounded him. It was not a good scene.
    Coaches quit talking to him?:x WOW! Aren't the coaches suppose to coach and help players get out of so called slumps? The Redskins sign the guy to a $30 Million deal and he isn't worth working with?:x This just blows my mind.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Coaches quit talking to him?:x WOW! Aren't the coaches suppose to coach and help players get out of so called slumps? The Redskins sign the guy to a $30 Million deal and he isn't worth working with?:x This just blows my mind.
    Thats the skins. They figure that just throwing lots of $ at players is enough coaching. I think this hass been one of the biggest problems with the skins... perhaps Gibbs is losing his edge.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

That is strange. Gregg Williams has a reputation as one of the better defensive coordinators in the league, too. I don't think Archuleta was ever known for having a bad attitude in practice when he was with us either; he missed tackles, couldn't cover, and never seemed to fully recover from those back problems, but I didn't get the impression he wasn't trying.