throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Colemeister Guest

Re: Archuleta has signed with the skins...

I don't think anybody is 'crapping' on him. People are being honest, and the fact remains that you only need to look at his numbers from last season to realise that this is a player in decline. Maybe not in freefall, but certainly a decline.

It's always hard to see a fan favourite leave (I still remember the day I heard that Kurt was on his way), but everyone has to go some time...

Good luck Arch, thanks for all you've given us pal!

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I hope he does well in Washington ! I think alot of the resentment comes from his very poor play the last few years , The reasons or many might think no matter how hurt or how bad things are one should never stop trying or give up... some might say when its obvious that a player just does not care or try to compete and some might believe thats what happened to Arch just a thought??? He did some great things in STL and I'll always be thankfull for the good things he did for us as fans , I'm not sure who is going to show up in Washington I hope for the best for him ?
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -03-13-2006 at 12:52 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey
    It's really sad to see you guys crap on Archuletta who up until this week was still a Ram. You guys are so quick to fall in love with a new FA signing and crap on a recently departed player. Bunch of flaky Mo Fo's. Not an ounce of loyalty.:clanram:
    I don't think anyone is saying anything today that hasn't been said all along. Arch is not the player he was a couple of years ago. That's not crapping on him, just a reality. Personally, I wish the guy well. He showed a lot of heart here, and I'm sure he will in Washington as well. However, it appears all the heart in the world doesn't mean much when trying to make plays on the field.

It's not a matter of loyalty, it's a matter of production effeciency and value. If the skins offered more than the FO had him valued at, then Arch walks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

majorram is offline Registered User

I still amazes me where do they FIND the cap space from to sign all these players, they seem to be in CAP HELL, but are still major players.... beats me

I like Arch but like has been said hes not the same player he was and HIS back will in the future cause him Probs.... time to move on... wish Arch luck!!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

coy bacon Guest

Hush up you guys! Put a lid on it! Otherwise those Redskins will stop taking damaged goods off our hands.

What was the name of that RB they got from us a few seasons ago?

The Rams need all the help they can get, and if having Washington service us helps, then let them do it.

Is it true that Washington is also interested in Lewis? Let's make a deal! We'll trade Lewis to Wash for their 2nd.

Rip32 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    What was the name of that RB they got from us a few seasons ago?
    Trung Canidate

general counsel is offline Registered User

Arch gave us some good years. I will remember him fondly, a linebacker in a safetys body. His pass coverage skills never really improved and while he is good up in the box, there is no way in my view that he is worth the kind of money that the skins paid him at least for our purposes. Players can have different values at different times to different teams depending on the roles that they want them to play. That kind of money for a safety that really cant cover at all made no sense for the rams. We did try to keep him, but the physical issues also make him a risk. Did you ever hear of an nfl player whose back injury improves over time? Arch never became the next john lynch and i have no doubt that we will see him making plays on highlight films, he will blitz effectively, always has. However, he is not the most reliable tackler around and his lack of coverage skills make this a classic snyder signing.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Revelstoke Guest

I'm just imaganing the big hit ability of the Skins with Taylor and Arch playing in the middle of the field!

I was hoping he woul come back, but with the signing of Chavous, it makes sense that he would move on.

We do need to find some additional depth and idealy some experience to play S.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Best of luck to him, but I think he is too small to begin with.
    Last edited by MoonJoe; -03-13-2006 at 02:11 PM.

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rip32
    loyalties dont lay with the team they lay with the almighty dollar,with the exception of a Bruce there is not alot of loyalty from players to teams anymore
    I don't think it is as cut and dry as that. As a player, besides looking at monetary issues, you also want to align yourself on a team that you think has the best chance to be successful. (Before anyone reads into this, I'm not saying I think the Redskins have more chance of being successful than the Rams).

I look at it as the same way I look at my career. I not only want to make good money, but I also want to work for the company that I think will be most successful. Or where I will have the most impact.

I do agree that some players are just in it for the money. But, I don't think all of them are, even if (on the outside) it appears they are chasing dollars.

sbramfan Guest

I guess I'll have to get a new jersey, since 31 is gone.

I was high on this guy in the beginning and he fourished under Lovie Smith, but here's the deal:

Arch is a bonus player. IF you have a great defense around him, then he is able to come up and help out on the run, and blitz, etc... and he becomes a weapon.

However, if you have a defensive front 4 that is not getting pressure on the QB, and is not stuffing the run, you are putting extra pressure on your LB's, CB's and safeties. In this scenario, Arch is a Liability. And the fact that he has to do a crazy work-out regimine just to stay NFL size, tells me he is going to get hurt again.

I've said it a few times, but in the end, Arch was a hole lote more like "Coady" then he was like "Lynch".

AugustaRamFan Guest

A little harsh aren't we Shades? How do we know how much loyalty Arch had for the Rams?

Yes he was a Ram and a good one early on, but he was injured fairly often and his value has declined steeply as of late. He became a coverage liability and an inconsistent run-stopper. Was it Marmie's system? Perhaps, but from what I could see he lost his intensity.

I wish him well, that is as well as a Ram Fan can. The next time we play the Skins, I hope we see the Arch we know now and not the Arch of old.

Are you hoping he kicks the Ram's collective behinds?

I am confused!

majorram is offline Registered User

update on the contract... from Kffl its a six year deal $10mill signing bonus and $5 mill a season, thats some deal....

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Varg6 is offline Registered User

How can you say that this is a loyalty thing. So are you gonnna tell me that Martz' firing was a lack of loyalty? I don't think so at all, this business goes on with or with out you. If your not great, no one's gonna remember you. Who the hell is gonna remember Jamie Martin over Troy Aikman ya know? You just gotta move on.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12