Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Archuleta released

Adam Archuleta-DB-Bears May. 6 - 6:26 pm et

The Bears have released S Adam Archuleta.
    The Bears hoped that Lovie Smith, who coached Archuleta in St. Louis, could help revive his career, but it didn't work: Archuleta lost his starting job halfway through the season. Fourth-round pick Craig Steltz appears to have impressed at minicamp, giving the Bears plenty of depth at safety.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Archuleta released

I wonder if the Rams will sign him back. Probably not, but we do need some help at strong safety because Corey Chavous is getting really old, he's not getting any faster or stronger, and he has not performed very well. I think Archuleta could have a decent season back at St.Louis if we sign him. Haslett could make him do some very interesting stuff. With Atogwe becoming better and Ty Hill back from his injury, plus Fakhir Brown and newly drafted Justin King, and Archuleta playing strong safety, that could make a pretty good secondary, but no guarantees. Archuleta could be a bust, and Hill could be injured again. Who knows.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I wonder if the Rams will sign him back. Probably not, but we do need some help at strong safety because Corey Chavous is getting really old, he's not getting any faster or stronger, and he has not performed very well. I think Archuleta could have a decent season back at St.Louis if we sign him.
    Adam Archuleta couldn't even make it to the Bears' TRAINING CAMP before being cut by his former defensive coach. What makes you think he could have a decent season here, or one that's better than what Chavous could do?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Josh Guest

well maybe because the bears DB's are better than ours. that may be why it looked like he couldnt make it there. ours are less than great. it is possible that adam just can't play anymore. but i doubt it. I dont see anyway he could just lose all of his ability in a course of 3 years. maybe he could bulk up and move back to OLB. but it doesnt matter. if we sign him it will be only for depth and wouldnt be anything significant.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Hmm yes maybe you are right, i was being a bit too optimistic about Archuleta. But one thing is for sure, we need a replacement for Corey Chavous, which we could find in next year's draft, hopefully.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Hmm yes maybe you are right, i was being a bit too optimistic about Archuleta. But one thing is for sure, we need a replacement for Corey Chavous, which we could find in next year's draft, hopefully.
    I would rather take my chances with a UDFA or June release than put Arch in place of Chavous.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Wow, from onetime highest paid safety in NFL history to jobless in a few short years. Looks like his greatest accomplishment was getting Jennifer Walcott.

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Wow, from onetime highest paid safety in NFL history to jobless in a few short years. Looks like his greatest accomplishment was getting Jennifer Walcott.
    Dang beat me to it.

It must suck getting cut from the Bears. If he didnt make training camp, who will sign him?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

is too bad,as i really liked arch back in the day..i know he had some skill faults and he would go from M.V.P one week to drop an int in the endzone the next. but i really think playing when too hurt to properly play in his last season with us was the start of the downfall... very few people took into consideration how badly hurt he was and would get on his back and its all been downhill for him ever since...ofcourse de-flowering miss walcott gotta rank up there pretty highly with his SB start in his rookie season on his list of achievements!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Bad backs aren't something that just go away. Maybe the kid just needs to hang it up while he can still walk without a cane.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The AA batteries are dead. What's that saying???? Oh yeah, White man can't jump.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Arch, it really wasn't your fault we drafted you as high as the Rams did. The book on you coming out of college was that you could hit but had hands like feet. Remember the Jets game, when it was 3rd and goal and the Rams needed a key stop to win the game and go to the playoffs? Pennington hit you square in the hands, couldn't ask for more of a present when it comes to INT's and you dropped it. Right then I knew it was time to say goodbye.

Good luck young man.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Well we still got to the play-offs...i do remember the play tho..it was ugly!

moloch41 Guest

He was one of the most overrated players in football and I laughed when the Redskins gave him that monster contract. Every defensive player taken by the Rams while lovie smith was DC was a bust with the exception of Pisa (who is still very erratic) and Pickett (who is a solid player, but not worth the pick he was taken at). All these other "lovie-type players" has been a disaster- including two huge FA's we picked up- Jamie "I'm the league's most expensive Special Teams player" Duncan and Tim "Did I Ever Play for the Rams?" Herring.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Tim "Did I Ever Play for the Rams?" Herring.
    Easy to forget, but it was Kim Herring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast