Large_Ant is offline Registered User

Attention NFL Sunday Ticket customers...

For you guys that get NFL Sunday Ticket but think it's obnoxious to pay an extra $100 bucks on top of it to get the "Super Fan" package (games in HD, the "Shortcut" replays of the games, etc.), here's something I read on a MB, tried it, and it worked.

Call up DirecTV and threaten to cancel the NFL Sunday Ticket plan. Now relax. You'll never come close to them actually saying "Okay, it's cancelled." As soon as you tell them you want to do that, they transfer you to a department whose whole point in existence is to prevent you from cancelling it. These are the people you want to talk to anyway. Tell them that you wanted the games in HD and since you would have to pay an extra $100, you're just gonna cancel the whole package. As long as you had NFL Sunday Ticket last year, they will immediately offer you the SuperFan package free of charge for this year with no strings attached. Of course, if you don't call them before next season and tell them to cancel it, they'll auto renew you (and charge you) but you can easily call before then to do so.

Point is, if you want the SuperFan package and you've already had DirecTV for a year, they'll give it to you free if you threaten to cancel it. For all the money they're chargin', might as well get something free when you can.

----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Re: Attention NFL Sunday Ticket customers...

Man i thought about and did exactly what u are talking about. Thanks for the info.

KentuckyHawk is offline Registered User

Thanks for the info Ant. I think I'll give that a shot. If folks are going to do this, it better be soon, I think the auto-renew is upon us!

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Thanks for telling us this.... I told my Dad and hes gonna try this tonite..... Thanks!!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I find it humorous that LargeAnt and KentuckyHawk exchange information on this site, as they are fans of other teams....

More proof that the Clan is THE best website for everything football related!

Now, I have a question about DTV Sunday Ticket. Is it possible to purchase only ONE game? The reason why I ask is because our local TV stations will air all but one Rams games, irritating me, SFC, HUbison, and thousands of others...

No you have to buy the sunday ticket to get it... my dad asked the same question but they said no you cannot buy 1 game..... you have to buy the NFL Sunday ticket.... Your lucky.... My dad has to buy this cuz all the local stations in Georgia only let you see stupid Falcon games.....

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Good news!

Let's not leave out the fact that if you want HD you have to have an HDTV, which I highly doubt you can get for free.

You will also need to upgrade your Directv hardware to get HD. You will need a Directv HD receiver and a newer style 3-5 LNB dish. At this time, I do not know if one can get this equipment and the installation for free(although one could install it on their own).

There is information that you will need to pay $5 a month in a lease fee for the HD receiver, regardless of whether you can aquire it for free.

KentuckyHawk is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    I find it humorous that LargeAnt and KentuckyHawk exchange information on this site, as they are fans of other teams....

More proof that the Clan is THE best website for everything football related!

Now, I have a question about DTV Sunday Ticket. Is it possible to purchase only ONE game? The reason why I ask is because our local TV stations will air all but one Rams games, irritating me, SFC, HUbison, and thousands of others...

I post on several team fan sites. I feel that a good fan is a well educated fan. I will get any information I can from anywhere that i can. I originally joined this site for the smack talk, but quickly got bored. Most of my posts are in the NFL forum.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Is there ever going to be NFL Sunday Ticket, or NFL Network for Cablevision's i0 in New Jersey? They said they got 75 affiliations done, but what does this mean!? I need to watch the Rams!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

My dad just called DirecTV about an hour ago and it worked! Thanks again!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Hey Varg, are you saying that you can't get NFL Sunday ticket in Neu Jersy? I find this hard to believe because I get it here in the (moment of silence, please) hills of Arkansas. How can this be that one of the biggest markets in the country is out to lunch?

WHAT SAY YE?

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Good news!

Let's not leave out the fact that if you want HD you have to have an HDTV, which I highly doubt you can get for free.

You will also need to upgrade your Directv hardware to get HD. You will need a Directv HD receiver and a newer style 3-5 LNB dish. At this time, I do not know if one can get this equipment and the installation for free(although one could install it on their own).

There is information that you will need to pay $5 a month in a lease fee for the HD receiver, regardless of whether you can aquire it for free.

Your right my friend You do have to have All three to work HDTV I had mine installed a while ago and I was able to get free install , I have been a customer for a along time and NFL ticket for quit some time as well , I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not but I was able to get it for free ...