Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Banned from Seahawks.net...

My comments:

So that's how it feels...

The AFC is much stronger than the NFC. It's time for a change.

Until next year...
    A wee bit sensitive are we?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Banned from Seahawks.net...

I ventured over there a while ago. They are really going overboard with the "it was fixed" stuff. I understand their upset (see my message to Seahawk fans), but I think they are off base on that one.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Banned for that?

Ridiculous. Looks like they lost a lot more than a Super Bowl today.

Hope the ban is rescinded after sober reflection on the nature of competitive sport. AV's comments are pertinent.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -02-06-2006 at 12:08 PM.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Hawks choked plain and simple. There receivers are average at best, and Miss Brown is a shank artist. Why do you think the Steelers let him go.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Seahawk_For_Life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Hawks choked plain and simple. There receivers are average at best, and Miss Brown is a shank artist. Why do you think the Steelers let him go.
    You realise without some of those horrid calls, the Hawks put up 557 points and potentially 21+ points on the(from what we were told for 2 weeks) the best defense in the NFL?

They rallied from a 14-3 deficit and almost took the lead in a hostile stadium.

Did they have some drops? Yep. Did the 2 minute offense play poorly? Yep.

But to say we choked is way off base, if you want to see choked, see Big Ben's 22 QB rating.
    "We were facing the No. 1 offense in the National Football League", Vitt said.

rammiser is online now Registered User

I'm not saying the fix is in but the NFL sure seems to love feel good stories i.e Bettis,and 9-11 year Patriots v Rams. There were some very questionable calls and all the bad ones went against the Seahawks. The pass interferance was a horrible call because the ref wasnt even throwing the flag untill his hands were half way up signalling a td and the defensive back started yelling and then he reached for his flag and made the call. The ref could have called illegal contact on the same play vs the db that was covering Jackson when Jackson made his initial move towards the endzone the db grabbed him.

The holding call on the play before Hasselbecks pick was a joke and again came at a crucial time. They would have had the ball at the 2yd line. If you compare that block to the Steelers blocking it looked the same to me, but when Locklear did it it wa holding.

One play when Hasselbeck was sacked by #98, Foote was clearly offside and there were no flags.

On a good return by Warrick the ref threw a flag for holding but the guy wasnt holding where the ref threw the flag.

Penalties only seemed to come at crucial times when the Seahawks had momentum.

After the Hasselbeck int, he gets called for an illegal block??? He was making a tackle and hit the guy in the waist. Two plays later Roethlesberger made the same block on the reverse for a td but that was ok???

I didnt care who won or lost but i felt the Steelers had a couple extra players on the field wearing striped shirts.
    Just Fix It

But to say we choked is way off base, if you want to see choked, see Big Ben's 22 QB rating.
    No it's not, your team choked, deal with it.

Let's not turn this into a smack thread, okay?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Here is a key sequence of events in the 2nd quarter that will most likely be forever overlooked, except for the debate on the roethlisberger TD.

After failing to get the first down (possible bad spot by the ref) on 3rd and 3 from the seahawks 24 the hawks punt and the steelers get the ball with 8:15 remaining in the quarter.

After a wistrom sack the steelers are in a 3rd and 28 situation.

3rd and 28 and the hawks can't stop the steelers....lol

The steelers get the big play which leads to the roethlisberger TD.

They not only get the TD, they salt away the clock.

The hawks do not see the ball again until 1:55 remains on the clock. Holmgren's subsequent mismangement of the clock and play calling ends with a 54 yard field goal attempt.

Seattle Seahawks at 10:09
    1-10-SEA 17 (10:09) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass to 84-B.Engram to SEA 20 for 3 yards (53-C.Haggans).
    2-7-SEA 20 (9:32) 37-S.Alexander right tackle to SEA 24 for 4 yards (55-J.Porter).
    3-3-SEA 24 (8:47) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass to 38-M.Strong to SEA 26 for 2 yards (26-D.Townsend).
    4-1-SEA 26 (8:27) 16-T.Rouen punts 45 yards to PIT 29, Center-52-J.Darche. 82-A.Randle El to PIT 41 for 12 yards (53-N.Koutouvides).

Pittsburgh Steelers at 8:15
    1-10-PIT 41 (8:15) 39-W.Parker right end to PIT 42 for 1 yard (51-L.Tatupu; 56-L.Hill).
    2-9-PIT 42 (7:37) 39-W.Parker left tackle to PIT 45 for 3 yards (56-L.Hill).
    3-6-PIT 45 (6:59) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass to 86-H.Ward to SEA 43 for 12 yards (23-M.Trufant). Shovel pass on a scramble. P3
    1-10-SEA 43 (6:15) 39-W.Parker left tackle to SEA 42 for 1 yard (98-G.Wistrom).
    2-9-SEA 42 (5:36) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass to 80-C.Wilson to SEA 22 for 20 yards (23-M.Trufant). P4
    1-10-SEA 22 (4:53) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete to 86-H.Ward.
    2-10-SEA 22 (4:47) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass to 36-J.Bettis to SEA 17 for 5 yards (21-A.Dyson).
    PENALTY on PIT-83-H.Miller, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at SEA 22 - No Play.
    2-20-SEA 32 (4:21) 7-B.Roethlisberger sacked at SEA 40 for -8 yards (98-G.Wistrom).
    3-28-SEA 40 (3:58) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass to 86-H.Ward to SEA 3 for 37 yards (28-M.Boulware). P5
    Timeout #1 by SEA at 03:09.
    1-3-SEA 3 (3:09) 36-J.Bettis right tackle to SEA 1 for 2 yards (99-R.Bernard).
    2-1-SEA 1 (2:32) 36-J.Bettis left tackle to SEA 1 for no gain (56-L.Hill).
    Two-Minute Warning
    3-1-SEA 1 (2:00) 7-B.Roethlisberger left end for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. Play Challenged by Review Assistant and Upheld. R6
    3-J.Reed extra point is GOOD, Center-60-G.Warren, Holder-17-C.Gardocki.
    SEA 3 PIT 7, 11 plays, 59 yards, 6:20 drive, 13:05 elapsed
    3-J.Reed kicks 49 yards from PIT 30 to SEA 21. 20-M.Morris to SEA 37 for 16 yards (20-B.McFadden).
    PENALTY on SEA-57-K.Bentley, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SEA 37.

Seattle Seahawks at 1:55, (1st play from scrimmage 1:46)
    1-10-SEA 27 (1:46) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass to 87-J.Jurevicius to SEA 46 for 19 yards (26-D.Townsend). P7
    1-10-SEA 46 (1:28) (No Huddle) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass to 37-S.Alexander to 50 for 4 yards (23-T.Carter).
    Timeout #2 by SEA at 01:13.
    2-6-50 (1:13) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass to 84-B.Engram to PIT 40 for 10 yards (24-I.Taylor). P8
    1-10-PIT 40 (:54) (No Huddle) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete to 82-D.Jackson. Ball caught out-of-bounds.
    Timeout #1 by PIT at 00:48.
    2-10-PIT 40 (:48) 37-S.Alexander left tackle to PIT 36 for 4 yards (99-B.Keisel).
    Timeout #2 by PIT at 00:13.
    3-6-PIT 36 (:13) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete to 82-D.Jackson. Ball caught out-of-bounds.
    4-6-PIT 36 (:07) 3-J.Brown 54 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-52-J.Darche, Holder-16-T.Rouen.

Pittsburgh Steelers at 0:02
    1-10-PIT 44 (:02) 7-B.Roethlisberger kneels to PIT 43 for -1 yards.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I stayed away from posting anything over at seahawks.net last night because I knew the place was in a foul mood, which was to be expected. Any criticism from rival fans was going to be met with anger and resentment in their whipped up state.

To lose with questionable officiating was obviously upsetting, but their ultimate demise was the inability to do what they had done all season long - rise above adversity, stay focused, execute and take advantage of the things they could control. That did not happen against a Steeler team that left the door open all night long. That's what Seahawk fans should be upset about.

moklerman is offline Registered User

The holding call on the play before Hasselbecks pick was a joke and again came at a crucial time. They would have had the ball at the 2yd line. If you compare that block to the Steelers blocking it looked the same to me, but when Locklear did it it wa holding.
    He had the guy around the neck and tackled him and the flag came out before the pass was completed. It was a good call. If the Pitt player doesn't get held, Hasslebeck may not have got the pass off.
    One play when Hasselbeck was sacked by #98, Foote was clearly offside and there were no flags.
    I disagree. I thought he was offsides in live action but I wasn't watching him in particular. On the replay, his jump was simultaneous with the snap. Truly a great instance of anticipation. He wasn't offsides.
    Penalties only seemed to come at crucial times when the Seahawks had momentum.
    "Seemed" being the operative word.
    On a good return by Warrick the ref threw a flag for holding but the guy wasnt holding where the ref threw the flag.
    Again, the problem here is the flag was thrown before the good return even happened. They showed the replay and Seattle was holding Pitt.
    After the Hasselbeck int, he gets called for an illegal block??? He was making a tackle and hit the guy in the waist.
    I don't remember this play very well since I didn't think much of it and it didn't matter in terms of posession. I'm pretty sure that Hasslebeck went low on the return man's blocker, which caused a big pile up. If that's the case, it's a penalty.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

He had the guy around the neck and tackled him and the flag came out before the pass was completed. It was a good call. If the Pitt player doesn't get held, Hasslebeck may not have got the pass off.
    That is not the same play or holding call that he was referring to.

Let's not turn this into a smack thread, okay?
    I apologize for being blunt, but I find it a bit humorous that hawk fans would enter a rival board seeking sympathy.

Sympathy...? No.

But, given what Ram fans experienced in SB36, perhaps Seahawk fans feel as though we might provide some empathy.

Seahawk_For_Life is offline Registered User

After a wistrom sack the steelers are in a 3rd and 28 situation.

3rd and 28 and the hawks can't stop the steelers....lol
    You realise that at least 2 or possibly 3 of the Steeler offensive lineman were way past the line of scrimmage when he threw that pass?

Big Ben didn't cross, but his lineman did.
    "We were facing the No. 1 offense in the National Football League", Vitt said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast