throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bluengreen Guest

Re: Banned from Seahawks.net...

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    To lose with questionable officiating was obviously upsetting, but their ultimate demise was the inability to do what they had done all season long - rise above adversity, stay focused, execute and take advantage of the things they could control. That did not happen against a Steeler team that left the door open all night long. That's what Seahawk fans should be upset about.
    That's exactly true. But maybe a bit too much to expect in real life.

Sorry if anyone overreacts.

bluengreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    I apologize for being blunt, but I find it a bit humorous that hawk fans would enter a rival board seeking sympathy.
    I think that's because a lot of .NETers hold Clanram in fairly high esteem. Most of the posters here, at any rate.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk_For_Life
    You realise that at least 2 or possibly 3 of the Steeler offensive lineman were way past the line of scrimmage when he threw that pass?

Big Ben didn't cross, but his lineman did.
    Like I care? Your team blew it. Plain and simple. They had plenty of opportunities to win the game.

I simply don't care if you feel you were robbed by the officials. I simply don't care that you lost.

Truth is, I know plenty of seahawks fans who were once fans of and rooted for the Steelers in SB14. I know plenty of seahawks fans who were once whiner fans. I know plenty of seahawks fans that rooted for the Titans in SB34. I know plenty of seahawk fans who rooted for the patsies in SB36.

The only thing I can say is that I at least rooted for your team to win for the sake of the diehard fans that you do have.

But frankly I could care less that the hawks lost. I despise the steelers and I still could care less that the hawks lost.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bluengreen
    That's exactly true. But maybe a bit too much to expect in real life.

Sorry if anyone overreacts.
    I can empathise with you, but I must admit, the officiating excuses are wearing very thin. The sooner Seattle fans can accept the poor play of the Seahawks as the reason for the loss, the quicker they can move on. Maybe once the dust settles, they'll come to that realization.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    I can empathise with you, but I must admit, the officiating excuses are wearing very thin. The sooner Seattle fans can accept the poor play of the Seahawks as the reason for the loss, the quicker they can move on. Maybe once the dust settles, they'll come to that realization.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

bluengreen Guest

You're undoubtedly right, but it may take a while. I know for myself I sure wasn't up to such a detached view last night!

I think that asking hawks fans to think rationally, so close to this loss is not really realistic. I for one did not want to hear any of it after the Rams lost to the pats.

general counsel is offline Registered User

In fairness to them, they got two terrible game altering calls. the hold on locklear and the fact that on the long pass from Big Stiff Ben, there were two or three steelers linemen about ten yards down the field when he let it go.

That being said, as i have posted on the seahawks board and sent via private message to a few of the hawks fans i have come to know and respect, they didnt play their best game. They could not put the ball in the end zone and it killed them, regardless of the fact that they moved. They had many chances in the first half when they were dominating and couldnt get more than a field goal.

They had a dropped pass in the end zone for a clear td on a great throw, a pass that should have been a td when darryl jackson couldnt get his feet down (holt makes that play for sure as does ike), several key drops by stevens, a missed 50 yard field goal and they gave up a 75 yard run and a 50 yard pass. They also couldnt run the ball at all.

The refs didnt beat them, but they sure didnt help them.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

bigredman Guest

I was appalled by Holmgren's play calling and clock management. I've always thought he was a big pouter though, and this game did nothing to change my mind. When he was going off the field at half time, he was crying a river to the refs about the touchdown call that was reviewed. Then at the end of the game, Holmgren ran off without shaking Cowher's hand at mid-field. (Cowher looked really pissed about that too).
    Last edited by bigredman; -02-06-2006 at 11:31 PM.

Welker83 Guest

Crappy calls, but there is no conspiracy. Hopefully this will inspire the league to fix their officiating problems...

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Then at the end of the game, Holmgren ran off without shaking Cowher's hand at mid-field. (Cowher looked really pissed about that too).
    Is this really true??

RealRam is offline Registered User

Bigred, wow -- I did not notice Holmgren leaving the field after the game without seeing Cowher first!

Strange / unusual. Hmmm...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Holmgren ran off without shaking Cowher's hand at mid-field. (Cowher looked really pissed about that too).
    Really? I haven't heard anything about that. Sad if it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

bluengreen Guest

What I've heard is that Holmgren couldn't easily get to Cowher because of the people on the field so he found him later in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by bluengreen
    What I've heard is that Holmgren couldn't easily get to Cowher because of the people on the field so he found him later in the locker room.
    That makes sense. I could not imagine Holmgren snubbing Cower, especially after telling his team to give the Steelers their due after the loss.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast