Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Banned from Seahawks.net...

Even though it is true, it certainly was no snub at all.

Coach Holmgren, afterwards -- in the locker room or during the first press conference -- clearly and emphatically praised Coach Cowher. // It must have been all the traffic on the field right after the game, as Bluengreen mentioned, that prompted MH to allow BC to relish the post SB game celebrations.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good observation, R8rh8rmike.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Yeah they said the same thing on PTI, so it's a non story.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

bigredman is offline Registered User

Yes, I've heard that song and dance excuse (PTI-Wilbon never said he actually watched Holmgren, but assumed it wasn't a snub after press conference comments). A friend of mine was at the Super Bowl, he watched Holmgren going to the officials (again), while a league official was trying to steer him to the middle of the field, then he ran off the field. That praise he gave Cowher later was Holmgren's lame attempt to smooth things over. Listen, those head coaches are led to the middle of the field after every game by a league official and security. Cowher made it there through the crowd. The difference is that Holmgren was more concerned with whining than congratulating Cowher.
    (and yes, I don't like Holmgren)
    Last edited by bigredman; -02-06-2006 at 11:51 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk_For_Life
    But to say we choked is way off base, if you want to see choked, see Big Ben's 22 QB rating.
    How can you say a guy chokes when his team wins? Ben didn't play well, and maybe it's just me, but I've always reserved the "choke" label for people who didn't show up to play and, because of it, lost. Example, the Eagles in all those NFC title games before they made it to the Super Bowl. I don't think it's possible to choke and win.

And in my opinion, yes the Seahawks choked. Alexander's 95 yards were arguably the quietest rushing yards I've seen an MVP get in a Super Bowl. Hasselbeck threw a costly interception when his team had a chance to go on top. Stevens stunk all night. The defense couldn't contain a Pittsburgh offense that isn't exactly one of the most dangerous in the league. Brown missed two key field goals. Boulware was pretty poor all night - missed a clear tackle on Parker's TD run and had a chance to intercept the 3rd and 28 pass to Ward but didn't get it done.

Officiating has been poor all year, and teams have overcome. I wonder if Seahawk fans were crying about poor officiating when Sean Locklear was getting away with multiple blatent holds earlier in the playoffs? I remember watching the Redskins game and seeing at least two early in the first half that weren't called. Oh well.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-07-2006 at 01:20 AM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman is offline Registered User

One of the bad calls was the Stevens catch and fumble that was ruled an incompletion. I haven't heard any one mention this one way or another but it would seem to contradict the "ref's hate Seattle" theory.

Just when the Seahawks make a good play the ref's hold them back. That seems to be a popular opinion. I think most, if not all, of those big plays wouldn't have happened without the penalty in question. The TD to DJ happened because he pushed off. The completion to the 1 yard line didn't guarantee anything(see Ben's throw in the red zone). The chop-block call on Hasslebeck was post posession so it didn't directly lead to points.

If the league was really against Seattle, they could have called an illegal pick on the Stevens TD. Or illegal contact or holding on the defense on the Roethlisberger interception. The fact of the matter is, Pittsburgh scored 14 points on two very clean plays and that was the difference in the ballgame. I'm really surprised by the amount of complaining about the officials. I watched the game without any outside opinions to taint my perception and the only calls that I thought were flat out wrong were the late timeout/non false start and the Stevens catch and fumble that was rule incomplete.

The non offsides against the Steelers (Foote?) is a good example of perception over reality. That was a good non call. When I saw the play initially, I thought "offsides" at the snap of the ball. But the replay clearly shows he timed it perfectly and the line judge made the right (non) call. I'm sure most Seattle fans thought/think he was clearly offsides but he wasn't. Ben did cross the plain. Jackson did push off. There were no penalties on "Fast" Willie or "Air" Randle El.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    One of the bad calls was the Stevens catch and fumble that was ruled an incompletion. I haven't heard any one mention this one way or another but it would seem to contradict the "ref's hate Seattle" theory.
    Thank you. You'll likely not hear angry Seattle fans complain about how the refs saved them from another turnover though, because that doesn't fit the theory.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

bruce_wannabe Guest

josh brown never played for the steelers!!!!!! that brown is on the texans, not josh brown brown came into the league 3 years ago when the hawks let go rian lindell... know your info before you talk please

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_wannabe
    josh brown never played for the steelers!!!!!! that brown is on the texans, not josh brown brown came into the league 3 years ago when the hawks let go rian lindell... know your info before you talk please
    Even though I'm not the one who said Josh Brown was on the Steelers (I think it was Ramman), I never knew bruce_wannabe was perfect and never makes mistakes when he posts. Ease up a bit jeeze.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    BINGO!

I'm a girl, and even I was dumbfounded that the play was ruled an incompletion. I said it, then I think it was Al Michaels that commented next, and Pa turned to me with that impressed look on his face. Score one for me.

And, yes, it does blow the theory clean out of the water. It sounds to me like a few are just trying to play the victims. Once folks' feathers deruffle, the theory will go away.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Here is how the conspiracy theory goes on the stevens play. this comes from the seahawks board.

The fumble would have led to a recovery on the 5 yard line since the seahawks receivers were downfield to make an immediate tackle. thus, by calling it incomplete, the refs made sure the steelers would get the ball on the 20. How the refs had any idea that the punt would go into the end zone i have no clue.

Note that this is the extreme fringe. the hawks fans are upset, you cant blame them. some are a bit off the deep end, but i cant imagine what this board looked like immediatley after sb 36.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

bruce_wannabe Guest

im tired of hearing these seahag fans talk about how they got shanked in the super bowl... .they had a suprisingly lucky run in the regular season; feely's 3 missed fg's, bledsoe's blunders with 10 secs to go throwing an int, mcdonald's fumble on the punt, ken dorsey not being able to throw to a wide open receiver in san fran.... manning not playing a lot in the colts game, SHOULD I GO On>?????

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The difference is that Holmgren was more concerned with whining than congratulating Cowher.
    (and yes, I don't like Holmgren)
    I have lost all respect for Holmgren after this comment during the celebration in Seattle.

At a homecoming gathering of Seahawks fans at Qwest Field on Monday afternoon, Holmgren told the crowd: "We knew it was going to be tough going against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well."
    What an excuse; try putting together a better game plan, and signing players who can catch a ball.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123