Varg6 is offline Registered User

Bears Fans, a Question...

I'm not really sure where to put this, but this is the most visited forum section of the whole website so I decided to put it right here...I have a questions for Bears fans.

What do you think of Rex Grossman? I honestly am a fan of him despite the (I believe) 14 ints/turnovers in the last several games. He has shown sparks of excellence and I really think he'll be a great QB down the road. There's no way you can claim that this guy's a bad qb when a guy can totally destroy a good defense and then be picked off by a bad one so much. I just see it as growing pains, and he hasn't even played a full season as a starter yet so thats also something to take into consideration. I do think he'll be a great QB in the future, but I'm just wondering, what do you guys think of him?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

bearsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Bears Fans, a Question...

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I'm not really sure where to put this, but this is the most visited forum section of the whole website so I decided to put it right here...I have a questions for Bears fans.

What do you think of Rex Grossman? I honestly am a fan of him despite the (I believe) 14 ints/turnovers in the last several games. He has shown sparks of excellence and I really think he'll be a great QB down the road. There's no way you can claim that this guy's a bad qb when a guy can totally destroy a good defense and then be picked off by a bad one so much. I just see it as growing pains, and he hasn't even played a full season as a starter yet so thats also something to take into consideration. I do think he'll be a great QB in the future, but I'm just wondering, what do you guys think of him?
    i tend to agree with you but or hopes for a superbowl win rest on his shoulders he needs to play better.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

So da bears are looking to get to the Super Bowl this year.....will it happen?

Will Rex and the mighty D be enough to get them there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MAKBearFan is offline Registered User

The defense will help us get there, but Rex needs to help the D by keeping the offense on the field longer. If Rex can't pull it together, then we need to go to Griese, but if Lovie still continues to stick with Rex as his boy, then we're screwed.

From a curious outsider, what exactly is wrong with Grossman?

Is he throwing too many interceptions because he has bad vision? he can't read the defense? no touch on the ball? no arm strength? Does he get sacked a lot? Does he fumble? Does he throw to the wrong receiver? throw into tight coverage? Does he stare down his receivers?

What exactly is he doing wrong?

Isn't Rex a dog's name? ...I can't help myself, questions appear and I need to ask.... bad blitz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BlackDiamond is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    From a curious outsider, what exactly is wrong with Grossman?

Is he throwing too many interceptions because he has bad vision? he can't read the defense? no touch on the ball? no arm strength? Does he get sacked a lot? Does he fumble? Does he throw to the wrong receiver? throw into tight coverage? Does he stare down his receivers?

What exactly is he doing wrong?

Isn't Rex a dog's name? ...I can't help myself, questions appear and I need to ask.... bad blitz

Always with the dog jokes...lol

IMO, he's throwing INT's because he's trying to win the game with one play. He's not checking down, mainly. Seems to me like he looks downfield FIRST, THEN comes back up to the shorter routes( there's a couple of great write-ups on Rex at our site if you wanna check 'em out).
    Personally, the turnovers are killing me. I get cramps when he throws more than 10 yards downfield. I run for cover when 3 or 4 seconds go by, and he still has the ball. Seems like I'm always waiting for the next bad thing to happen!
    BUT! I know what I saw at the beginning of the season. A young QB with a rocket arm, a great touch on the long ball, and HUGE potential. I believe we are seeing growing pains here. Do I think he should've been taken out of a couple games and calmed down? Absolutely. Do I think he should be benched in favor of Griese? No. Rex shown TONS of growth potential and I think quitting on him now would be a bad idea. Plus, the superstitious side of me says if we have TEN WINS with him at QB, DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.
    In the meantime, I put my faith in the coaches decisions and the player's abilities, root my team as I always have, and hope for the best!

Rex is playing the long game and Bulger is playing the short game.

It seems that your opponents have caught on to the fact that Grossman like to throw deep and they have prepared the secondary to be ready to intercept. Plays tend to work for a while with a new QB just because the defense has no idea about their preferences and tendencies.

I get nervous when Bulger holds the ball too long, because I know the defense is coming and the sacks have been abundant this year. Bulger is very cautious and he wants to be sure about his throws. He doesn't throw into double coverage very often and, as of late, he has been checking down to Jackson a lot of the time.

I think the Bears should keep Grossman as their QB. You guys are winning even if he is making mistakes. The defense is covering for the offense. It has been working.

It will be interesting to compare the different styles of Grossman versus Bulger on Monday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BlackDiamond is offline Registered User

I think Rex should stay at QB too, it's just SCARY!