Rammed is offline Registered User

Bears fire GM Angelo

OPENING HIT:*The*Bears*fired Jerry Angelo, the team's general manager, and a team source said the reason why was simple:"The organization was growing stale."Interesting. Not sure I'd agree with that and it seems that Angelo was far from the main problem with the Bears. The firing of Angelo seems completely and utterly reactionary to not making the playoffs. Angelo isn't blameless but the reason Chicago*didn't make the postseason*is because their two offensive stars,*Jay Cutler*and*Matt Forte, were injured. Let's be real. A healthy Bears team is probably still playing.Let's put it this way. As Bears general manager Angelo was 95-41 overall. Under him the Bears won four division championships and went to a Super Bowl. Does that sound like a man who should have been fired?But this is the NFL. Being sensible or patient is against league rules. I actually think teams get fined for that.The team announced on its website that Smith would coach in 2012. A source had earlier told me that Smith was in trouble and I still think he is. I'm still not convinced Smith will coach the Bears next season and I'm extremely skeptical he'll coach beyond that.A new GM wants his guy and it's only a matter of time before the new GM, well, pushes for his guy. Smith is not that person.We'll see.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Re: Bears fire GM Angelo

This one gets my juices flowing unlike the now gone AJ Smith and more than Polian.