Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Bears move Hester to WR

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    I wasn't bashing the Rams. Itsguud was the one that said originally that Hester was waaay too small when in fact Dante who is now a Ram is in fact much smaller and will more than likely be the Rams 4th WR as would Hester for the Bears, maybe the 5th.
    Shredder, come on now. Be honest. You like bashing the Rams. We are a rival team and we took a player away from your team. Did you like Dante Hall? He is an important player and we are happy to have him. Special teams may be his place. He was used in some passing plays and some rushing plays over the years in KC, but his main job has been as a return man and I expect that he will still specialize as a return man for the Rams also.

I tried to look up the number of guys competing for WR on the Rams and it looks like there might be 11 guys right now. Chicago has something like 10 guys on their WR corps. I can never tell how updated the depth charts are.

Both Hester and Hall have a chance at impressing the coaches in camp with their skills. Hester is a lot younger and a couple inches taller and height does matter in the WR world.

One of my favorite WRs was Gary Clark and he was only 5'9 and 175 pounds. I don't think that size should stop either Hester or Hall from playing WR. Both of them will be kept since they play on special teams and both should be somewhere down in the depth chart, 3rd, 4th, 5th, take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    They tried this w/Hester at UM. It failed, mainly because, according to the Canes' beat reporters, he couldn't pick up the offense.

Hester is... how do I put this.... not exactly a Rhodes Scholar.
    Perhaps Hester is tall enough, but not smart enough, to understand the complexities of the offense.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramcableking is offline Registered User

The Bears have already come up with the solution to this problem. While the rest of the team stays at the Sheraton for mini-camp, Hester will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express!! :-)

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    They tried this w/Hester at UM. It failed, mainly because, according to the Canes' beat reporters, he couldn't pick up the offense.

Hester is... how do I put this.... not exactly a Rhodes Scholar.

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Shredder, come on now. Be honest. You like bashing the Rams. We are a rival team and we took a player away from your team. Did you like Dante Hall? He is an important player and we are happy to have him. Special teams may be his place. He was used in some passing plays and some rushing plays over the years in KC, but his main job has been as a return man and I expect that he will still specialize as a return man for the Rams also.

I tried to look up the number of guys competing for WR on the Rams and it looks like there might be 11 guys right now. Chicago has something like 10 guys on their WR corps. I can never tell how updated the depth charts are.

Both Hester and Hall have a chance at impressing the coaches in camp with their skills. Hester is a lot younger and a couple inches taller and height does matter in the WR world.

One of my favorite WRs was Gary Clark and he was only 5'9 and 175 pounds. I don't think that size should stop either Hester or Hall from playing WR. Both of them will be kept since they play on special teams and both should be somewhere down in the depth chart, 3rd, 4th, 5th, take your pick.

Perhaps Hester is tall enough, but not smart enough, to understand the complexities of the offense.
    I liked Dante when he was good and actually returned the ball upfield instead of going side to side and many times, backwards. Everyone in KC hated him playing WR. Why? Because he can't catch the ball.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    I liked Dante when he was good and actually returned the ball upfield instead of going side to side and many times, backwards. Everyone in KC hated him playing WR. Why? Because he can't catch the ball.
    We know all about return guys going in the wrong direction and it drives us nuts too.

If Dante can't catch the ball than he isn't going too many balls thrown his way.

Has he muffed many punts or kicks over the years?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    They tried this w/Hester at UM.
    When I first heard this news, that was the first thing I thought of. The guy's been switched back and forth too many times for him to make progress at either position, and it sounds like it's continuing here in the pros. Just pick a place and keep him there.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12