RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bears sign Pace too

From Rotoworld:

Orlando Pace-T-Bears Apr. 2 - 6:09 pm et

Bears agreed to terms with LT Orlando Pace.
    A busy day at Bears headquarters, as they now have added protection for their new franchise quarterback. Pace is expected to receive a two- or three-year contract and will be slated to start at left tackle. Chris Williams will move to right tackle with newly signed Kevin Shaffer acting as injury insurance on a much-improved offensive line.

Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Re: Bears sign Pace too

They are also in need of wide recievers. I would not be a bit suprised if Holt ends up there. My dad lives in Chicagoland area. He called me and told me everyone is going gaga up their. They are already talking superbowl he says. Well they better make it soon they gave away the barn and the farm for Cutler.

WindyCityFlyer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    They are also in need of wide recievers. I would not be a bit suprised if Holt ends up there. My dad lives in Chicagoland area. He called me and told me everyone is going gaga up their. They are already talking superbowl he says. Well they better make it soon they gave away the barn and the farm for Cutler.
    oh yeah, the whole farm. jay cutler >>>> adam carriker & chris long who have done nothing.

bottomline is most 1st rounders bust. chicago got a 25 year old franchise pro bowl QB. he's the best QB chicago has ever had...ever!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    bottomline is most 1st rounders bust. chicago got a 25 year old franchise pro bowl QB. he's the best QB chicago has ever had...ever!
    You guys have had really bad luck with QB's and IMO it's going to continue. Cutler is an absolute nut case, but if he can manage to keep his pacifier in his mouth, his diapers dry and listen to his nanny, the Bears will be in good shape because he certainly has all the talent in the world. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Good luck, I'll be watching.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Pace deal $15 million over three years
    By Brad Biggs
    on April 2, 2009 7:01 PM

John St. Clair was seeking $5 million per season when he opened contract negotiations with the Bears.

He was a one-time backup to Orlando Pace in St. Louis.

That's what the Bears will pay Pace. He gets a $15 million, three-year deal, and will have the opportunity to earn $11 million in the first two seasons without having to trigger bonuses or incentives.

Pace is expected to be the starter at left tackle with Chris Williams and Kevin Shaffer working at right tackle.
    I've read from other sources that Pace is guaranteed $6+ million in his first year. Looks like he made out pretty well; good for him.

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    oh yeah, the whole farm. jay cutler >>>> adam carriker & chris long who have done nothing.

I will bite, Chris Long will be a good player in the NFL, I am suprised you mention him in the same line as bust, really I do. Just like any player, most rookies will struggle (and he really wasn't that bad) if you surround them with, well, garbage.

On Cutler, I cant say anything but smart move. The price was too high, but in a QB starved world, its gonna be. You could spend 2 firsts and end up with grossman and Laurence Phillips for instance.

I do feel that sometimes qb's can be over paid for, but, I know as a rams fan, how many failures I have seen in 25 years.

Some people will only be happy if your qb is a cert for the HOF.

Its nice to know for a FACT your QB is a good player who can help you win games, even if the price was too high, If I was a bears fan I would be celebrating like crazy.

Its certainly made the NFC a more interesting place.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Good for Pace. He's got a good qb to protect along with a good RB. I'm proud for Pace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

Cutler is over rated, he has drinking problem and is diva qb. What has he done other than firing his head coach? Can you see him dealing with bear fans after the good times turn bad. Just ask Rex he will tell you... Bear fans talking about number one picks, you just got one - in Pace. Good luck to you... Go Rams

Black Hills Ramman is offline Registered User

Pretty tough to call Cutler a "great QB" this soon. Definitely has talent, but then so does TO. Ocho Cinco etc. and you see what they have done for their team(s).
    Nonetheless. cudos to Orlando. Hope he does well, when he's not injured that is.
    BLACK HILLS RAMMAN

Keenum is offline Registered User

Saw an article on the Chicago Tribune website where Pace is trying to recruit Holt now:
    Orlando Pace lobbies for former teammate Torry Holt to join Chicago Bears

By Vaughn McClure
    Future Hall of Fame left tackle Orlando Pace, now a member of the Bears, wouldn't mind luring ex-St. Louis Rams teammate Torry Holt to Chicago.
    "I spoke to Torry," Pace said. "It's funny he was just probably at my house a few days before I even came here. I think he's just out searching. I'm probably recruiting him in Chicago here. And hopefully it works out."
    Holt, 32, is one of the top veteran receivers on the market after being released by the Rams last month. He has visited both Jacksonville and Tennessee without agreeing to a contract.
    The Bears haven't ruled out adding a veteran receiver, and Holt and Bears coach Lovie Smith have a relationship dating back to Smith's days at the Rams defensive coordinator

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

i hope we don't regret getting rid of pace
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8