Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best RB ever!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Question A diesel run...

Not necessarily as "the best" of course, but how about John Riggins / Redskins? Shouldn't he be among the group of the great ones?
    :confused:

Coach_Largent Guest

Re: A diesel run...

Originally posted by Jorge Valdivia
    Not necessarily as "the best" of course, but how about John Riggins / Redskins? Shouldn't he be among the group of the great ones?
    :confused:
    Riggins was my kind of RB, but he was the product of a system, his seasons with the Jets were good but not great .... in Washington he came into a situation not unlike Emmitt in Dallas, any better than average RB could be successful, with that OL and good playcalling.

Great tackle-breaker ..... mentioned with the best in his era ( maybe over a 10 year period.) but probably not with the all-time greats.

I did really love him though. He and Chuck Foreman are in that same mold. Foreman was awesome too .....................

Oh Man, I used to love watching Riggins play along with his Hogs.

In the early days here in the UK, Chanel 4 used to show all the Skins games.

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    Bettis is in that same mold.Sometimes I really miss Jerome.
    If Faulk retires,maybe we could get him back.Reaching a bit here.

GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Bo?

If Bo Jackson had even a 1/4 step on a defender, GONE. He quite possibly had the most talent of anyone I have ever seen. Would his injury today sit him down permanently or could modern medicine fix him?

I just think it was a shame. I can still remember the Raiders game at home against Oakland when he took off down the sidelines in front of the Seahawk bench. They were just in awe.

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    Oh yeah.I remember.Jackson basically ended Bozos career.Bo exposed Brian as the steroid using wannabe that he was,and this is coming from an OU fan.Anyway,I would have to say Payton was the best I have ever seen.If Dickerson had remained a Ram,I think he would have been the best ever

GO RAMS! STAY FOCUSED! WIN!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

RAMble On Guest
    The best ever in my opinion was Walter Payton.

Someone who was not the best but will always be up there with Dickerson and Faulk is Wendell Tyler.

Not the same talent level but definitely gave me some fond memories. Didn't he end his career with the Whiners though? Still you have to give props to a guy who helped us to the first Super Bowl.

Atlas Guest
    Best RB ever??!!.....Walter Payton....Any questions??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12