RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

The "Biggest Idiot in the Media" award goes to ....

SOLOMON WILCOX!

So, I am sitting here watching NFL Network, and there is a segment on Brandon Marshall ...

They were talking about his legal issues, and Wilcox utters something along the following lines ...

"When the production is that high, there needs to be an exception"

Yes, really, he said that. If the production is there, he should be EXEMPT from being held responsible for his off the field actions. Seriously, this could be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard ...

So basically, if Joe Blow Mr. Irrelevant gets a DUI, cut him, blackball him, push him out of the league. If Marshall repeatedly beats people, and is involved in random sketchy nonsense, who cares, because he catches alot of balls ...

There is alot of reasons why kids screw up. Bad parenting, single parent families, poverty, star stricken with glory, just plain stupidity. But these things contribute also. When an athlete is watching Sportscenter or NFL Network, they hear this crap and they believe it ...

How the network could be okay with these types of statements I'll never understand. I would think it was a conflict of interest for NFL employees to basically urinate all over Goddell's stance on this stuff ...

But oh well, it's not surprising I guess. I should expect it at this point ...

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The "Biggest Idiot in the Media" award goes to ....

Yep, Solomon Wilcots seems to be stirring things up a lot these days:

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:01 am EDT

Chad Ochocinco and Solomon Wilcots sound like they want to fight
    By MJD

Much like everyone else who saw Chad Ochocinco play in 2008, Solomon Wilcots has been critical of the braggadocious receiver. I'm not sure what it was specifically that made Chad angry, but whatever it was, it was enough to warrant these 140 characters of fightin' words from Chad:

They always find a way to say something negative no matter how focused i am, damn Solomon Wilcox, i want to fight him now, somebody set itup

Putting aside the irony of "I'm so focused that I'd like to fight an NFL Network personality" for a second, I'm sure Chad was kidding and doesn't really want to punch Solomon Wilcots in the face. Wilcots did his part, though, and responded like Don King was promoting the thing.

"Chad has dropped more balls than Jay-Z has dropped albums. But we certainly can get in the ring. I'm lovin' this. I'm lovin' it. ... You can get in a training ring for, what, two months, and now he think he's the heavyweight champ. Let's do it, brah! Let's do it. Ya better ask somebody, Chad."

So we've got all the pre-fight trash talk and bluster. But Wilcots also penned a long blog post detailing his criticisms of Ochocinco and explaining that he's really trying to help him. Lengthy and thoughtful blog posts are not something that usually precede a brawl.

I enjoy the trash talk. That's what June is for. I'd enjoy it a little more if there was any possibility of a fight happening, but that's OK. Pretend fighting is fun, too.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Is he really saying anything that we didnt already know to be true? Sure he looks like an idiot saying it but hasnt the NFL been saying for years without actually saying it? I mean there is an exception for these screw ups. Some of them take advantage of second chances and most of them abuse it. For him to say there should be an exception is idiotic, but there is an exception for these misfits. As long as you have talent no matter what your off the field problems are there is a place for you in the NFL.
    Last edited by rammiser; -06-20-2009 at 02:32 PM.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Is he really saying anything that we didnt already know to be true? Sure he looks like an idiot saying it but hasnt the NFL been saying for years without actually saying it? I mean there is an exception for these screw ups. Some of them take advantage of second chances and most of them abuse it. For him to say there should be an exception is idiotic, but there is an exception for these misfits. As long as you have talent no matter what your off the field problems are there is a place for you in the NFL.
    True, but they are "trying" to change the identity, slowly ...

A-Web is offline Registered User

Yeah, and an indefinite suspension is a good start.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Ok I was a little bit familiar with Brandon Marshalls legal issues--so thinking I didn't the whole story, I did a little digging. This fella is a LOOSER! The Broncos would do well to cut him and the rest of the NFL to turn their back on him.

For Wilcox to mouth that statement--sheeze!--now I am wondering which is the bigger looser, Wilcox or Marshall. Its stupid comments like that that ought to prompt NFL fans to tell the network to axe idiots like, Wilcox, that least they start organizing boycotts of sponsors

On a side note--I hope all those women Marshall has man-handled take him to the cleaners and leave him penniless

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Mike Greenburg is the biggest idiot in the media. Period. No question.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

I'll see your Mike Greenburg and raise you a Trent Dilfer--ahah!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk). Hands down.

LifeLongRam Guest

I'll see your Trent Dilfer and raise you Tony Kornholio.....

LifeLongRam Guest

or Trey Wingo ( Mr. let's talk about anything besides football )and Cris Collinsworth, they both suck majorly...

My favorites are Troy Aikman and Rod Woodson both well respected by players ( being ex-players themselves and hall of famers. ) but they also never say anything stupid and always stay on the point, plus they know the game better then most media members.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk). Hands down.
    Florio is also a favored idiot of mine, actually had to pleasure to talk to him directly. What a stooge ...

But come on, none of these guys have ever said anything as asinine as players should be allowed to get away with committing crimes and being an idiot off the field as long as they produce on the field ...

Bad football IQ is one thing, utter stupidity is another ...

LifeLongRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Florio is also a favored idiot of mine, actually had to pleasure to talk to him directly. What a stooge ...

But come on, none of these guys have ever said anything as asinine as players should be allowed to get away with committing crimes and being an idiot off the field as long as they produce on the field ...

Bad football IQ is one thing, utter stupidity is another ...
    Agreed Wilcots is an Idiot.

99% of these analysts are hard to stomach. It always bugs me when certain Analysts defend these players who keep getting in trouble ( deon sanders and know wilcots ) Sanders does this constantly with any thug in the league who has talent. That's why I respect Faulk's approach with these type of players, Some say he's to " goody-goody " and it's annoying but he always defends the high character guys, and get's on the knot heads.
    I believe this is what all the media should do, and the league should make examples out of all the losers in this league, Show our kids that when you repeatidly break the law and rules that there are consequences....the values some of us teach them at home.
    Last edited by LifeLongRam; -06-23-2009 at 01:10 PM.