Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Blackmon arrested for DUI

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: blackmon arrested for DUI!!!

Umm what does that have to do with the red flags our players have? Lol jw

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Blackmon arrested for DUI

Shows you Drafting players isn't an exact science.

general counsel is offline Registered User

.15 is the legal threshold in oklahoma. That is much higher than in many other states. THis is not as simple as in states like georgia where its .08. .15 means you should be feeling it, its not a couple of beers.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Fastcat is offline Registered User

For what its worth and idk how true it is but i read his first dui wasnt an arrest. In 2010, in Texas, when he was 20, he got pulled over and took a breathealyser and blew under .08, which is the legal limit there. He was drinking under age and cited for a dui, but not arrested. Just a court summons

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I remember people posting a while back that it didn't really count or affect anything because it was DUI#1 and was non-repetitive.

You guys are silly! Look at that!! Justin Blackmon is the perfect citizen!!!!!

(Sarcasm off)...
    I originally posted that video and didn't think at the time his DUI meant he had serious character concerns, or conversely that he was "the perfect citizen". Young people make mistakes. I know in my youth, I could have easily had the same problems Blackmon had in college.

That said, one DUI can be seen as a tolerable error in judgement by a 19 year old, but two creates an entirely different context. You either learn from your mistakes and become a responsible citizen, or you don't. Blackmon showed bad judgement with his first DUI as a teen, wreckless judement with his second as an adult.

I still don't think he's a bad person, but his pattern of questionable decision making is now a serious problem. I'll be the first to admit that I do feel somewhat silly for saying his character concerns were nonsense.

Correction: Blackmon was 20 when arrested for his first DUI.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -06-03-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    RockinRam and Flippin' Ram like this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Meanwhile, Janoris Jenkins is being called a great kid by Rams staff and is looking like being given a starting job...
    RealRam likes this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Brockers keeps looking better

I don't see how an inebriated Blackmon being caught, makes Brockers look any better, instead it makes Fish and Snead look better. When the Jags moved up above us and took Blackmon, the assumption was (at the time) we had been snookered. I cannot remember either Fish or Snead ever indicating they really wanted Blackmon. Rather they played coy both prior and during the draft. We may never know where Justin was on their "board."

If Blackmon had been there at #6 and we passed on him, there most certainly would have been rending of garments, and knashing of teeth, etc. When all is said and done and the dust settled, the selection of Brockers may well turn out to be a classic example of: " you can't always get what you want - but sometimes you get what you need."
    Rambos, GROUND DOG 39 and RuffRams like this.

Character and off the field behavior wise, Janoris will be known as the Mother Theresa of the Secondary before the end of his rookie year!

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    RealRam likes this.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    .15 is the legal threshold in oklahoma. That is much higher than in many other states. THis is not as simple as in states like georgia where its .08. .15 means you should be feeling it, its not a couple of beers.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    What's your source for that .15 limit ? Didn't look that hard but all I could find indicates that Oklahoma's law is .08. Seems to be uniform across all states these days. And the blood alcohol charts I looked at indicate that .15 is well beyond "feeling it"; for a guy his size, we are talking about at least 8-9 drinks. This guy was wasted.

Dunno what his first offense is considered in legal terms but I also just read that the 2nd DUI in Oklahoma carries a minimum one year jail term. Sounds like he's going to need a a really good lawyer ( or a big Oklahoma State fan of a judge) to keep this from seriously endangering his career.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -06-04-2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: stoopid decimal points....

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Meanwhile, Janoris Jenkins is being called a great kid by Rams staff and is looking like being given a starting job...
    Rambos likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Interesting statement by Blackmon after his first DUI:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Blackmon
    "I'm embarrassed to be in this position. ... I look forward to redeeming myself and proving to everybody that this isn't who I am," Blackmon said after the incident. I'm not this guy. I'm humbled by this experience and I will grow from it."
    Looks like he's proved who he is.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Re: Brockers keeps looking better

Snead and Fisher said blackmon was their guy at 6 if T rich wasnt there.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Wow is all I can say. I know he had a small Red flag but really! He did all the PR on his image and then after he is drafted he does this...

There is one guy one this board that i want to here his take on this... Our FO blew it big time in his opinion when we did not get Blackmon... Bottom line is these guys are human and we all make mistakes and there is no sure thing.

I hope Blackmon can put this behind him and have a great career.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    What's your source for that 1.5 limit ? Didn't look that hard but all I could find indicates that Oklahoma's law is .08. Seems to be uniform across all states these days. And the blood alcohol charts I looked at indicate that 1.5 is well beyond "feeling it"; for a guy his size, we are talking about at least 8-9 drinks. This guy was wasted.

Dunno what his first offense is considered in legal terms but I also just read that the 2nd DUI in Oklahoma carries a minimum one year jail term. Sounds like he's going to need a a really good lawyer ( or a big Oklahoma State fan of a judge) to keep this from seriously endangering his career.
    Enhanced Penalty Blood-Alcohol Concentration

In some states there is a more rigorous punishment for those convicted of DUI with a particularly high blood-alcohol content at the time of arrest; this is generally .15 to .20 percent above the legal limit. Enhanced penalty laws are not utilized in Oklahoma.

Administrative License Suspension/Revocation Penalties

These penalties are minimum mandatory penalties imposed on drivers with a blood-alcohol concentration above Oklahoma’s maximum tolerable level of .08 percent or drivers subject to the implied consent laws (see above) for declining to submit to breath, blood, or urine testing for blood-alcohol content.

Somewhat confusing, but no question blowing .15 is going to cost him both contractually and via legal fees ..

My source was the espn article. But espn is now reporting that he scored .24 on the test, which is massively wasted no matter how you cut it.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast