Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Blackmon arrested for DUI

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Blackmon arrested for DUI

.24 for a guy his size-how much alcohol do you think you have to ingest to hit that score? It also must mean that he didnt wait very long before he hit the road after drinking.
    The good news is that this doesnt impact the rams and fortunately, no one was hurt.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

06/03/12 03:15 PM ET AP

STILLWATER, Okla. — Jacksonville Jaguars first-round draft pick receiver Justin Blackmon was arrested on an aggravated DUI charge Sunday after authorities in Oklahoma said he had three times the legal limit of alcohol in his system.

The former Oklahoma State star smelled of alcohol when an officer pulled him over shortly after 3 a.m., Stillwater police spokesman Capt. Randy Dickerson said.

Blackmon agreed to take a breathalyzer test and blew a .24 – three times the legal limit of .08, Dickerson said.

Under Oklahoma law, a driver can be charged with aggravated driving under the influence when a test shows .15 or greater.

The Jaguars drafted Blackmon with the fifth pick in this year's NFL draft in the hopes that he could upgrade the league's worst offense.

"We are aware of the report and are gathering information," Jaguars spokesman Dan Edwards said. "We don't have any comment at this time."

Blackmon was released from jail Sunday afternoon on $1,000 bond. He's due in court on Monday.

Payne County Sheriff Sgt. Brandon Ingham says jail records didn't list an attorney. His agent, Todd France, didn't immediately respond to an email or phone message seeking comment.

A Stillwater police officer tried to pull Blackmon over for speeding – 60 mph in a 35 mph zone – and driving left of center early Sunday morning, Dickerson said.

Blackmon drove about four blocks before stopping in a gas station parking lot, Dickerson said.

"He was unsteady on his feet, his speech was slurred, and his eyes were glassy and blood shot," Dickerson said in a statement. "He admitted to consuming alcohol prior to driving."

There wasn't anyone else inside the Chevrolet Tahoe, Dickerson said.

Blackmon was previously arrested on a misdemeanor DUI charge in Texas in 2010 after officers caught him speeding on a suburban Dallas highway.

He told reporters after the arrest that he made a mistake and took full responsibility for it.

"I'm embarrassed to be in this position," Blackmon said. "I'm truly sorry to my family, to my friends and to Oklahoma State all together. I look forward to redeeming myself and proving to everybody that this isn't who I am. I'm not this guy. I'm humbled by this experience and I will grow from it."

Blackman didn't face any jail time from that charge, which a prosecutor had described as a fine-only offense.

The Jaguars traded up to select Blackmon in April.

The 6-foot-1, 207-pounder caught 122 passes for 1,522 yards and 18 touchdowns last season. He had 111 receptions for 1,782 yards and 20 touchdowns the year before.

"He's got an edge to him," new coach Mike Mularkey said earlier this year. "He's one of these guys who doesn't think he can be covered. That's pretty important at that position with that kind of confidence, that you can line up and dare somebody to try to stop you and believe that you can't be. I like that edge."

Last edited by Rambos; -06-03-2012 at 07:59 PM.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    .24 for a guy his size-how much alcohol do you think you have to ingest to hit that score?
    ramming speed to all

general counsel
    However much it was, it looks like he got his money's worth. On the other hand, whatever he was drinking will probably be the most expensive booze he's ever going to buy ..

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

.24 and this is his second time? This may put him above Lawrence Phillips status. On another note, he has now passed the "we don't care about the pillars of character" status and is now rated desirable as a player for the new Ram regime!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I originally posted that video and didn't think at the time his DUI meant he had serious character concerns, or conversely that he was "the perfect citizen". Young people make mistakes. I know in my youth, I could have easily had the same problems Blackmon had in college.

That said, one DUI can be seen as a tolerable error in judgement by a 19 year old, but two creates an entirely different context. You either learn from your mistakes and become a responsible citizen, or you don't. Blackmon showed bad judgement with his first DUI as a teen, wreckless judement with his second as an adult.

I still don't think he's a bad person, but his pattern of questionable decision making is now a serious problem. I'll be the first to admit that I do feel somewhat silly for saying his character concerns were nonsense.

Correction: Blackmon was 20 when arrested for his first DUI.
    Mike, I hope you don't think I was directly pointing towards you. I meant for all the general people that for some reason were so in love with this guy would turn down anything wrong with him. He's too slow, you don't need to be fast (Jerry Rice). He had a DUI, but he talked to a little girl with cancer. He's not big enough, size is irrelevant. He can't stretch the field, he can take a 5 yard slant for an 80 yard TD.

He's almost escalated himself to a Janoris Jenkins type status. You know you've done it once, why do it again? This time it'll cost you double. Do I think it makes him a bad person? Absolutely not. Heck we've all made mistakes, nobody's perfect, but the decision to go ahead and take the risk for not only his life, but his professional career was down right moronic.

Once again Mike, I hope you didn't feel singled out by my post. I love reading you're posts on this forum.

THE DREAM TEAM

bltkmt is offline Registered User

Dodged that bullet...

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Once again Mike, I hope you didn't feel singled out by my post. I love reading you're posts on this forum.
    No worries sosa. I knew you were not just singling me out, but I did originally post the video and figured I'd go ahead and admit that I gave Blackmon more credit than he deserved. He REALLY screwed up this time.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Wow is all I can say. I know he had a small Red flag but really! He did all the PR on his image and then after he is drafted he does this...

There is one guy one this board that i want to here his take on this... Our FO blew it big time in his opinion when we did not get Blackmon... Bottom line is these guys are human and we all make mistakes and there is no sure thing.

I hope Blackmon can put this behind him and have a great career.
    And, I'll wager he's a Devils fan also!!

MACD is offline Registered User

And Brandon Weedon will have a prolific career holding a clipboard. Yeah, I'm an OU fan....

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    This may put him above Lawrence Phillips status.
    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    He's almost escalated himself to a Janoris Jenkins type status.
    Uhh, no. Not even close.
    Last edited by Nick; -06-03-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Uhh, no. Not even close.
    Lol, yeah I over reached on that one. How about like Micheal Irvin with hookers and blow?
    Last edited by MoonJoe; -06-03-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Brockers keeps looking better

This may be all about Blackmon getting bad press and negative points this early (being quite stupid BTW), but I do believe that in contrast, Brockers is really a good kid. And I trust he'll remain smart about being that way.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Way to go Blackmonnnnnn! Expect regards / letter from Mr. Goodell soon.

How foolish can you get.

Jacksonville receiver Justin Blackmon faces aggravated DUI charge | NFL
    The Seattle Times / June 3, 2012 p.m.

Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon, the fifth player taken in this year's NFL draft, was arrested on an aggravated DUI charge after authorities in Oklahoma said he had three times the legal limit of alcohol in his system.

Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon, the fifth player taken in this year's draft, was arrested on an aggravated DUI charge Sunday after authorities in Oklahoma said he had three times the legal limit of alcohol in his system.

The former Oklahoma State standout smelled of alcohol when an officer pulled him over shortly after 3 a.m., Stillwater police spokesman Capt. Randy Dickerson said.

Blackmon, 22, had a 0.24 percent blood-alcohol level — compared with the legal limit of .08 percent, Dickerson said.

Blackmon was released from jail on $1,000 bond and is due in court Monday.
    ...Hmmm, somehow this pic looks appropriate.
    Last edited by RealRam; -06-04-2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Source

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Way to go Blackmonnnnnn! Expect regards / letter from Mr. Goodell soon.

How foolish can you get.

...Hmmm, somehow this pic looks appropriate.
    Boy, doesn't Blackmon look pathetic in his orange jumpsuit. MAYBE it will teach him a valuble lesson.?

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Re: Brockers keeps looking better

Let's not engage in revisionist history here. Fisher and Snead were taking Blackmon with the 6th pick had he been available. I believe it was an article by Mike Sando that described activity in the war room that revealed Jeff Fisher was completely pissed- even throwing out the 'f-bomb" when Jacksonville traded up and selected him. The Rams then went with plan B.

With some of the guys we selected, no one should be throwing stones. We can only keep our fingers crossed that similar trouble doesn't find us in the coming year.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast