Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sturgess77 is offline Registered User

Boldin asks for trade

ESPN - Wanting new deal, Cards WR Boldin asks for trade - NFL

I wouldn't mind trading for him to add some experience to our receiving corps...I'm sure it most likely won't happen but what are everybody's thoughts about this??

Josh Guest

Re: Boldin asks for trade

it would be nice to have boldin, but I would rather get sjax in camp before we break the bank for a player that has no ties with the rams.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think he is a very good player who can make something happen after the catch. He's making about half of what Fitzgerald is, so I can also see why he feels a bit miffed. I think he'd be a great addition to the team, but it's not going to happen. We're in the same division as the Cardinals, Bennett's contract is weighing us down, we just drafted two rookies...a deal is just not in the cards.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

On Madden, i'd do it in a second. However there's the whole salary cap thing, and he wants big bucks. And I believe we let a certain receiver go due to a cap casualty that was no where near what Boldin is looking for. Oh yeah, and it seems we need to use every dime to get our franchise player to sign.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Can see lots of teams that would go for him...Colts stick out..tho dont know what their Cap situation looks like...Maybe Oakland,Atlanta,Miami...

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Long shot but...Should we try to get Boldin?

Here's the link from NFL.com, he wants to be traded...

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin asked to be traded, saying he doesn't feel his situation can be resolved and declaring he has no relationship with coach Ken Whisenhunt.

"I'm a football player. That's about it," Boldin said Tuesday when asked to characterize his dealings with the coach these days.

A team spokesman said the Cardinals have no plans to trade the sixth-year standout and still hope to sign him to a contract extension.

Anquan Boldin, WR
    Arizona Cardinals

2007 Statistics:
    Receptions: 71
    Yards: 853
    Touchdowns: 9
    Whisenhunt sounded puzzled when discussing reports that Boldin had said he was no longer speaking to the coach.

"We've been communicating," he said. "If communicating is talking, that's what we have been doing at practice. As we go forward, I don't know. I don't foresee anything changing. If it does, it's in his court."

Boldin offered a glimpse of his talent late in Tuesday's workout, splitting a pair of defenders on a slant route during a 2-minute drill. He made a nimble catch on a bullet thrown by Kurt Warner for a 25-yard gain.

But with training camp starting to wind down, Boldin made it sound as if it was a tortured three weeks off the field.

The two-time Pro Bowl player, who blasted team officials as camp opened, claims the Cardinals reneged on an offer to re-negotiate his contract.

He has three years left on the four-year, $22.75 million extension he signed after the 2005 season that keeps him under contract through 2010. He's making an average of $4 million a year.

"It's a tough situation, especially when you come into a working environment," Boldin said after practice. "But my job is to stay professional. I'm going to do what I'm supposed to do."

Although Boldin previously denied asking for a trade, he said Tuesday that his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has asked the Cardinals to consider it now.

"At the beginning of camp, I hadn't asked for a trade," Boldin said. "As of recently, we did."

Asked if he believes his standoff with Arizona can be resolved, Boldin shook his head and simply said, "No."

Teammate Larry Fitzgerald signed a four-year $40 million, deal after last season, with $30 million guaranteed, but Boldin has said he believes Fitzgerald earned the deal and that's not why he's unhappy.

NFL.com's two-a-day tour
    Complete training camp coverage
    Boldin is one of the NFL's top receivers. He reached 400 career receptions faster than any other player, doing it in 67 games. In five seasons, Boldin has 413 receptions for 5,458 yards and 29 touchdowns.

"If I'm not going to be treated fairly, if my hard work and loyalty isn't going to be rewarded here, then let me go somewhere where it's going to be rewarded. That's how I feel," Boldin said.

Boldin accused Whisenhunt of getting too involved with his contract talks, suggesting that's why they haven't moved forward, but he wasn't specific.

"That's where it became a problem," Boldin said. "Honestly, I think it should be completely separated. I think that's why we have a department that deals with that."

Whisenhunt said it's not an issue, noting that it's not unusual for NFL players to lobby for a new contract through the media.

"Nothing has changed from a few weeks ago," Whisenhunt said. "I feel the exact same way about Anquan. He is a good football player. The Cardinals have extended his contract once, tried to do it again, and our intent is to do it the first chance we get."

Boldin said he's not worried about whether the dispute could hurt his reputation with fans.

"Anybody that knows me, that knows what kind of guy I am, they know I'm a hard worker," he said. "I'm a guy that does the right things, on and off the field. I'm not worried about my reputation being tarnished for me telling the truth."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Seriously, it'd be amazing to get this guy, but I doubt it knowing our FO and the fact that he's in our division. I'd love to trade him with Bennett lol

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

We can get rid of Drew Bennett, I like that idea, I'm not sold on him. We need a competitive #2. Bennett is more like a 4.

With Jackson back, Torry Holt and Boldin, now that looks like a championship offense. The difference maker taking us deep into the playoffs.
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -08-20-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Sour grapes if you ask me.

I'd take Boldin in a second.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Boldin is a far superior receiver to Holt at this point in his career. He is big, stong, tough, plays hurt, relatively fast and an all around fantastic player. There are some potential durability issues, but he is a guy i would love to have. In an ideal world, there would be a way to have a discussion with him to understand what he wants money wise so we could then see if we could make a deal for him. I would give up a first round pick for him if we could agree on the money.

However, i estimate the odds of this happening at zero. First, the cards arent going to want to trade him to us. Second, we wont pay that kind of money especially with the steven jackson issue floating around as our clear first priority. Third, i strongly doubt we can fit it cap wise even if we were inclined to spend the money.

THere are very very few wide receivers that are better than boldin.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

shower beers is offline Registered User

As long as he gets out of the division, it's fine by me wherever he goes.

itsguud is offline Registered User

WHYYYYYY are we stuck with bennett when we could pay similar moeny to such a stud... whyyyyyyyy

general counsel is offline Registered User

There is no way in the world that bolding is looking for "similar money" to bennett. Bolding wants to be paid like fitzgerald (ie 40 million over 4 years with big, big guaranteed dollars). Bennett may turn out to be a bad signing (although the jury is still out) but his contract isnt anywhere near what boldin wants. Boldin is a top notch guy, not a #2 receiver.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

shower beers is offline Registered User

It sounds like Boldin just needs somebody to talk to. Maybe if Scott gave him a hug and some cocoa, he could be a Ram.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Although Boldin would be awesome to have on the Rams, you have to be carefull not to mess with the already fragile chemistry in the locker room. Feelings are already hurt with the SJ drama although that will pass in time if you add another potential distraction we could end up with another TO type situation like Philly had.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I say we trade for him,we will give them Bennett,a years supply of toasted ravioli and 100 gallons of Ted Drews Frozen Custard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast