RamWraith is offline Registered User

Brady out the season??

From RotoWorld:

Tom Brady-QB-Patriots Sep. 7 - 7:15 pm et

Yahoo Sports' Michael Silver says Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the season with ligament damage in his knee.
    Two sources tell Silver that Brady has a "severe" knee injury that "could" include a torn ACL and perhaps other ligament and cartilage damage. "It’s bad," a team source said told Silver. "We’re going to have to play without him." Silver is one of the best NFL reporters alive, and you have to trust him here. Fantasy owners should not make a move with Brady until it's confirmed elsewhere though. Obviously, it's devastating news for the entire Patriots

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Brady out the season??

I hate to wish knee surgeries on anyone, since I have had five myself. However, I am happy to see the Patriots have to go through a little adjustment and adversity; if this is true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Posted: 21 minutes ago
    Brady's season in doubt after left knee injury

Associated Press

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Reigning NFL MVP Tom Brady left Sunday's game against Kansas City after being hit on the left leg, depriving the New England Patriots of the quarterback who last season led them to a 16-0 regular season and their fourth Super Bowl appearance in eight years.

The fear now is that Brady suffered damage to his ACL and MCL in his left knee, which would mean the Patriots quarterback would be sidelined eight months, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter. More medical tests are pending Monday.

"It's not good," said a Patriots team source.

Meanwhile, free-agent quarterback Chris Simms is scheduled to arrive in New England Monday morning for a workout and a physical, Schefter reports. If all goes well, Simms could be a Patriot by the end of the day. Kansas City and Tennessee, each of whom had quarterbacks suffer significant injuries on Sunday, also have contacted Simms.

Brady, who has started 128 consecutive games, went to the turf clutching his left knee midway through the first quarter when he was hit in the pocket by Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard. After being tended to on the field, he walked off, limping, between two trainers.

Brady, 31, went to the locker room and was not seen again on the sideline as backup Matt Cassel led the Patriots to a 17-10 victory. The two-time Super Bowl MVP was not available for comment after the game, and coach Bill Belichick said he had nothing to add to the in-game announcement that it was a knee injury.

"They're looking at him, doing some tests on him, so I don't have any information there," the coach said, cracking a smile as he added, "doubt anybody's interested."

The Chiefs also lost their starting quarterback when Brodie Croyle was sacked in the third quarter. The team said he had a bruised right shoulder and he was replaced by Damon Huard.

Brady was 7-for-11 passing for 76 yards, completing a 26-yard pass to Randy Moss on the play in which he was injured. Moss fumbled the ball away when he was tackled; the Patriots forced Kansas City to punt, then Cassel came in for New England.

"Since I've been here and been around Tom, he's always popped back up," Cassel said. "I didn't know (how serious it was). I just buckled my chinstrap and the guys rallied around me. I felt their support."

Cassel took over at his 2 yard-line and, after two handoffs nearly netted the Chiefs a safety, completed his first pass to Moss for a 51-yard gain. Cassel, Brady's backup for the past three years, finished the 98-yard drive with a 10-yard touchdown pass to Moss that gave New England a 7-0 lead.

"This is something I've been preparing for for a long time," said Cassel, who threw just 33 passes while backing up Heisman Trophy winners Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at Southern Cal. "It's not something I expected to come up on opening day."

A former fourth-stringer who was the 199th overall selection in the 2000 draft, Brady himself took over at quarterback when longtime starter Drew Bledsoe sustained a life-threatening chest injury in a 2001 game against the New York Jets. Brady led the Patriots to their first NFL title that year, another in 2003 and another in 2004.

In the process, Brady has become one of the league's biggest stars and a crossover cover boy who has met the Pope and the president, dated actresses and supermodels and rewrote one of the NFL's most coveted records.

Last year, while leading New England to a 16-0 regular season, Brady set a record with 50 touchdown passes and improved his overall record as a starter to 100-27 -- the best in the Super Bowl era. The Patriots blew a chance at an unprecedented 19-0 season and a fourth NFL title with a 17-14 loss in February's Super Bowl to the New York Giants.

Brady did not play in four exhibition games this summer -- all of them Patriots losses -- while trying to recover from a right foot injury.

"He's the face of the New England Patriots, and Tom being who he is it kind of hurts, to be honest with you," said Moss, who caught 23 of Brady's TD passes in 2007, also a record. "I know the show must go on. Hopefully Matt Cassel is ready to step in. I know the team is ready to embrace him and let him lead us."

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Karma?

I'm just saying...

general counsel is offline Registered User

Lets see what kind of genius darth hoodie looks like if he has to play without brady for the year. My bet is that they dont come close to the playoffs.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

That sucks for Brady. That sounds like a serious injury.

It will be interesting to see if they have any other QBs that can get the job done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Lets see what kind of genius darth hoodie looks like if he has to play without brady for the year. My bet is that they dont come close to the playoffs.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I could smell the Patriots flags burning this morning while leaving for work.

OH Happy Day!!!!!

eldfan is offline Registered User

I guss we will see how good they are without TB. Bill Belichick ego is huge he would love nothing more than to show he can win without Tom Brady.
    :ramlogo:

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I saw a picture in a local newspaper today of Rodney Harrison looking down on the injured Brady, now that cheapshot artist can know how Isaac Bruce felt when he was looking at an injuried Trent Green after Harrison laid a cheapshot at the knees of Green,doesn't feel to good Harrison does it ?

TekeRam is online now Registered User

All I can say is that my prayers of the last 6 years have been answered. The only thing that has kept me even close to happy since seeing the Rams go down in flames to the Eagles was knowing that Tom Brady was hurt, and now out for the season.

Call it the Super Bowl loser curse, or karma, or just the law of averages, but I can't wait to see all the Pats fans cry about how unfair life is this year. Mmmm, tasty tasty tears.

Pape is offline Registered User

Thats a totally classless post. You talk about karma, yet you've been wishing an injury on another player? Thats bad bidness Teke.

krist042 is offline Registered User

Watching football just got a little less exciting. Even though I hoped and prayed for Pats to lose every game last year and Brady is probably my least favorite player, it sucks to see somebody go down like that. I have to admit, watching Brady was pretty intense because he is arguably the best QB in the league right now and you know he is going to succeed, even if you don't want him to.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    All I can say is that my prayers of the last 6 years have been answered. The only thing that has kept me even close to happy since seeing the Rams go down in flames to the Eagles was knowing that Tom Brady was hurt, and now out for the season.

Call it the Super Bowl loser curse, or karma, or just the law of averages, but I can't wait to see all the Pats fans cry about how unfair life is this year. Mmmm, tasty tasty tears.
    Teke, I'm surprised at you. I've read many of your prior posts and always found them to be informative and insightful. But this one is over the top. Look, none of us like the (cheatin') Patriots or Tom Brady on this board, but some things are better left unsaid. I would encourage you to reconsider your post. You are better than that.

WHAT SAY YE?

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Karma?

I'm just saying...
    Heh, I was just about to post the exact thing.