Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Breaking News:McDaniels fired in Denver

as per NFL.com.

RB`s Coach to be Interim.

don`t like to see anyone lose their job but he can sit on the couch and get more than i get from working ,so no tears here...plus he`s a cheat,a brat and i don`t like the guy anyway.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Breaking News:McDaniels fired in Denver

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    as per NFL.com.

RB`s Coach to be Interim.

don`t like to see anyone lose their job but he can sit on the couch and get more than i get from working ,so no tears here...plus he`s a cheat,a brat and i don`t like the guy anyway.
    Couldn't agree with you more, Ramblin'. Can't think of anybody more unqualified and in over his head than that clown. (Well, except maybe Scoot Linehan).

All this Bozo did was run off Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Tony Sheffler, among others, and then conduct two drafts that would make even Jay Zigmunt blush.

Heh, this wonder boy even trades out of the first round and then trades back in to select Tim Tebow?!?

I give Pat Bowlin credit for realizing his mistake and cutting his losses sooner rather than later.

At least Denver fans don't have to suffer as long as we did with Mr. Scoot.

WHAT SAY YE?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I'm guessing John Elway is going to be their coach for next year?

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Spags = slow and steady

McDaniels = chicken with head cut off

I hope some of the frustrated posters understand now how slow and steady may be a little boring but the end results are better.

The Broncos' fans just spent two very exciting years just to basically start their rebuilding all over again.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

And to think, Spags interviewed for that job and Denver turned up their nose at him.

Sounds like the Bronco's owner really just got caught up in the hype of having not only a Bellicheat assistant, but a young gunner one for a head coach. As it turns out, turning the entire franchise over to young, arrogant, inexperienced kid was a bad call. He took a franchise that had pieces in place to do well, and said "ha, I can do way better, watch this" and dumped them all.

Granted, getting Orton for Cutler and TWO firsts was actually a pretty good deal. Trading a first to get back into the 2nd round to get Alphonso Smith, only to cut him...bad deal. Trading back into the first round to pick a long-term project QB? McDaniels clearly was over-confident in the talent level of the team he destroyed if he thought he could afford to give up multiple mid-round picks to get a guy in the first that he knew was going to ride the pine all year.

He not only showed how to destroy a roster, but also how to kill its future through poor drafting and draft pick management. Are we sure he tutored under Bellicheat and not Linehan, Martz and the Rams?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

And last but certainly not least, Boy Wonder also traded Peyton Hillis for the immortal Brady Quinn! Lol! Lol!

How's that workin' for ya Josh?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Well, that didn't take long. Really, I don't think it's necessarily the coaching that's wrong in Denver. McDaniels was undoubtedly behind shipping off Cutler, which in retrospect looks like a pretty good move. Dumping Hillis was obviously a mistake and I don't think I would have gotten rid of Brandon Marshall, but who knew Brandon Lloyd was capable of playing the way he has this year?

But my biggest criticism of that organization would be their failure to get help for the defense through free agency or the draft. Not only are their outside linebackers unable to put up much of a pass rush, but they are also one of the worst teams in the league against the run. Of course, all of that relates to personnel. At the end of the day, it's the front office's job to supply the coach with the players he needs to win, and I don't think anybody would be winning games with that defense. It's Champ Bailey and 10 other schmoes, and the front office rescinded its extension offer to Bailey.