Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Breaking News Patriots

In proportion to what the Patriots have most assuredly gained from cheating, this barely rates as a slap on the wrist. The league rolled over on this one.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    In proportion to what the Patriots have most assuredly gained from cheating, this barely rates as a slap on the wrist. The league rolled over on this one.
    Agreed, Mike. Look what Formula 1 just did to their cheaters..
    The McLaren team was fined $100 million and stripped of all of its points in the constructors' standings Thursday in the spy scandal that has rocked the sport.

The Patriots organization is worth what.. maybe $1B ? So a $750K fine is pocket change.

This hardly seems like much more than a slap on the wrist.:\
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

What if a player violated league rules a la Michael Vick. I know what Vick did was gross, but what Belicheat did was morally gross. I agree with previous posts a suspension should be in the works, not just a stupid fine which the Ratsies can due compinstate Belish*t.

Vick practically got kicked out of the league and if you takes substances you also get suspended, why not Belish*t.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

The monetary fines really don't mean much, but at least the Patriots will probably lose a first round pick. Personally, I had hoped they'd conduct a more thorough investigation as to whether this had been done before. Losing a first rounder for a one time occurrence would probably be fair, but I don't think anyone really believes this was the only time it ever happened.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The local news stations are reporting that the Patriots are relieved that Belichick didn't get suspended. That tells me the Pats were expecting some sort of suspension.

This is a joke in my opinion. A 4 to 6 game suspension seemed like a no brainer to me. Especially the way the Commissioner has been handing out suspensions like after dinner mints.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

There's a relationship between Goodell and Kraft. Unfortunately, that relationship has been placed ahead of league integrity.

You failed your first big test, Roger. Sad.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamWraith is offline Registered User

What makes me sick is how the league as talked so much about Vick ruining the reputation of the NFL and how his conduct is a direct reflection upon the league. What the hell is cheating then?? Why would this go down the same? This had a direct cause and effect to a game if not MANY. What do you think that is doing to your precious league integrity Mr. Goodell? Off way to easy on this!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

The loosening of morals which is so pervasive in society allows the the NFL to minimize outrageous behaviors.

Instead of letting the Patriots, and thus the league as a whole, know that what they did was wrong and punished them summarily the NFL instead smirked and maybe giggled to themselves and said, "You know you really should not have done that, it wasn't very nice and could have been more discreetly so we weren't faced with what to do with you."

If this were an issue which was first brought to our attention it might be one thing but the fact that all the coaches were told in the off-season (by reports) that this type of stuff would not be allowed makes me think that much stiffer sanctions should have been levied as it was intentional disregard of the rules.

Has anyone heard what Belecheat's interpretation of the rule was yet? I heard he was to give his explanation, rather interpretation, of the rule.

Regardless, Goodell dropped the ball here. The Patriots should have been barred of first round draft pick(s) whether they had one, multiple, or none.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    You failed your first big test, Roger. Sad.
    It is sad. Goodell has lost all credibility. How does he look anyone in the eye and dole out punishment knowing that the Patriots were given a sweet deal. I wonder if he let Kraft pick his own penalty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12