bigtiger737 Guest

Brees signs to Saints, Orleans now looking to trade no 2 pick?? should we??

If the number 2 pick is up in the air should we try and go for it in anyway?? just some thoughts I know for one I would love to see Hawk in blue and gold, and I heard he is moving up to maybe top 5 maybe even top 3 now?? I don't know if I'm being realistic I just like the idea

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Brees signs to Saints, Orleans now looking to trade no 2 pick?? should we??

If we traded away our entire draft, we could move up to the #4 or #5 spot, maybe the #3.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

What are you willing to give up to get up there? Just curious. Personally, i would love to see the Hawk in a rams uniform, i think he is going to be a fantastic pro. I am not prepared to give up two #1's but i would give up the #11 and a 2 for hawk. just my view on that.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

If we give up our 1 and 2, we could move up to the #5 pick. If we were guaranteed to get either Hawk or Williams with that pick, I'd do it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

I Would Be Willing To Give Up Our #1 This Year, And A Couple Of 3rd Rounders( One This Year, One Next Year) But Not A 2nd.... We Need That 2nd To Nab A 1st Rouner That Slipped Down...,

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I think with all the reconstructing we've been doing in FA, I think it is reasonable to try to get the #5 pick. Just my thought...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

jkramsfan Guest

i would give up this #1 and a #2, for hawk, this guy will make an impact from day 1,and would solidify our linebackers for many years.

theodus69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    If we give up our 1 and 2, we could move up to the #5 pick. If we were guaranteed to get either Hawk or Williams with that pick, I'd do it.
    The guys in the first Round don't always pan-out fellas. We have done well in the FA market. maybe we need to trade down from where we're at now to get a bunch in the later rounds. But unless you guys are sure about these 2 , then I'm with ya's!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I still want Vernon Davis ............

:clanram:

DaRamsBaby Guest

i dont think we should do it, we have a good linebacking core and i want it great, yes, but we need some db's

bigtiger737 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaRamsBaby
    i dont think we should do it, we have a good linebacking core and i want it great, yes, but we need some db's
    I think this is exactly why we need a guy like Hawk and why we should move up in the draft. If you take Hasletts defence in mind he likes to bring up safties and loves these 3 4 packages where LB's drop back in coverage. if we have a weakness or a slow LB dropping back to cover that LB will get burned. With this deceptive defence style the more multi talented the Lb's the better. consider an LB core of pisa, WW, and Hawk. This defence with butler, and fisher in rotation with our other young players who show promise. What QB wouldn't get freaked out and get jumpy. It would be almost impossible to read a blitz from coverage or atleast which one is doing which. Plus this almost makes up for a great db because it simply could rattle confedence sooo much more. again just a thought Either way I am loving the new staff so far Go Horns