View Poll Results: Are you gaining or losing respect for Farve?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Are you losing respect for Favre

12 85.71%
  • Gaining respect for Farve

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Brett Favre deal or no deal?

Brett just last year was so critical of one if his team mates when he held out last year. Are you gaining or losing respect for Farve as he is slow to make decide?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Brett Favre deal or no deal?

This poll needs a neither or neutral option.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    This poll needs a neither or neutral option.
    Not to be a fence-sitter, but I have to agree. We just don't know all the factors and hearing his press conference Saturday, it sounds (to me at least) that there ARE more factors involved.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Brett just last year was so critical of one if his team mates when he held out last year.
    This statement is very misleading. Favre isn't holding out for more money like Walker was. Favre is just trying to decide whether to play another year. Two totally different scenerios, no comparison at all.
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, if Katrina hadn't happened I bet he would know by now what his answer would be. However, that storm is still wreaking havoc in that area so maybe that's why he's taking his time.

He needs to quit playing volleyball with the press though.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I am no doubt losing respect for him. It didn't take Emmit Smith this long to decide, it didn't take Jerry Rice this long. I think he is just doing it to get the attention.
    RamsFan16

Revelstoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I think he is just doing it to get the attention.
    You're serious? This is a guy who for 16yrs now has done absolutly nothing, but play at an exceptional level, to draw any attention to himself.

On one hand hes a gamer who can still play. On the other he has nothing left to prove and a team that is rebuilding.

It cant be an easy decison.
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

i want farve to retire......i want to see aaron rodgers play

I am no doubt losing respect for him. It didn't take Emmit Smith this long to decide, it didn't take Jerry Rice this long. I think he is just doing it to get the attention.
    Favre isn't doing it for attention. Secondly who cares how long other people took, everyone is different and have different situations.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Revelstoke
    You're serious? This is a guy who for 16yrs now has done absolutly nothing, but play at an exceptional level, to draw any attention to himself.
    Exceptional level? Come on. The guy has benefited from the Green Bay mystique. All that head butting his linemen, arm pumping, throwing it up for grabs and luckily having his receiver chasing after the throw is all part of the mystique. Brett Favre is a gutsy, tough, but very average quarterback, who benefited from some great coaching and even greater supporting players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Revelstoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Exceptional level? Come on. The guy has benefited from the Green Bay mystique. All that head butting his linemen, arm pumping, throwing it up for grabs and luckily having his receiver chasing after the throw is all part of the mystique. Brett Favre is a gutsy, tough, but very average quarterback, who benefited from some great coaching and even greater supporting players.
    I disagree, average quaterbacks don't do the things that Brett has done. They don't start for 16yrs, they don't lead fourth quater combacks, they don't command the level of respect that he does, an average quaterback just doesn't do thoes things.

I don'k know any of the numbers, but you don't need them to know that he is an exceptional player.

I don't follow how the arm pumping and head butting is part of the Green Bay mystique, to me thats just a pasion for the game and being excited to play, it has nothing to do with being in a place like Green Bay
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

Average QB + Mystique = 2nd all-time in Attempts, Completions, TDs, & Yards ???

I have to respectfully disagree.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Actually Smith and Rice had their decision made for them......they were cut from their original team.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    This statement is very misleading. Favre isn't holding out for more money like Walker was. Favre is just trying to decide whether to play another year. Two totally different scenerios, no comparison at all.

But he is hurting the team because they may want to sign another QB or take one in the draft to back up Rodgers or compete for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    But he is hurting the team because they may want to sign another QB or take one in the draft to back up Rodgers or compete for the job.
    No he's not hurting them. The Packers already said they weren't looking to sign a free agent QB, and the draft hasn't happened yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast