View Poll Results: Are you gaining or losing respect for Farve?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Are you losing respect for Favre

12 85.71%
  • Gaining respect for Farve

2 14.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Re: Brett Favre deal or no deal?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    No he's not hurting them. The Packers already said they weren't looking to sign a free agent QB, and the draft hasn't happened yet.

Ya what if the HC is setting up a system and is going to base it partially on the QBs style

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    Ya what if the HC is setting up a system and is going to base it partially on the QBs style
    It's not like Favre or Rodgers do anything different or extraodinary as a QB, like say Mike Vick and his running ability where you change the playbook some to accomodate Vick's superior running ability. The Packers already have a plan with or without Favre. Either way if it's Favre or Rodgers the Packers already know basically what they want to do.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -04-15-2006 at 08:57 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Average QB + Mystique = 2nd all-time in Attempts, Completions, TDs, & Yards ???
    I have to respectfully disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelstoke
    I disagree, average quaterbacks don't do the things that Brett has done. They don't start for 16yrs, they don't lead fourth quater combacks, they don't command the level of respect that he does, an average quaterback just doesn't do thoes things.

I don'k know any of the numbers, but you don't need them to know that he is an exceptional player.

I don't follow how the arm pumping and head butting is part of the Green Bay mystique, to me thats just a pasion for the game and being excited to play, it has nothing to do with being in a place like Green Bay
    Yes he has those stats, due to longevity of his career, some talented receivers, good offensive lines, and good defenses that gave him positive field position most of his career. He has NEVER been a very accurate passer, his long pass resembles a Hail Mary, and...oh yeh...he throws a great deal of interceptions. The arm pumping and head butting is part of his fan appeal...the Green Bay mistique is simply him playing on a storied franchise on the "Frozen Tundra" of Lambeau Field, which also adds to his appeal. Yes he won a Super Bowl, but so have many other "average" quarterbacks. My opinion. BTW I can't believe they are giving this egomaniac until July to make up his mind!
    Last edited by bigredman; -04-15-2006 at 09:29 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hawksRam'sfan2510 is offline Registered User

I think if Mr Farve gose any place it will be Seattle. Mr Farve and Mr Holmgren are very Good freinds. After Seattle was beat by Greenbay in there last regular game Brett followed the team bus to the airport and got on the team plane and sat down next to Mr Holmgren and was talking to him. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksRam'sfan2510
    I think if Mr Farve gose any place it will be Seattle. Mr Farve and Mr Holmgren are very Good freinds. After Seattle was beat by Greenbay in there last regular game Brett followed the team bus to the airport and got on the team plane and sat down next to Mr Holmgren and was talking to him. You never know.
    To do what, back up Hasselbeck.... I don't think so. I'm sure he's friends with Holmgren so that doesn't mean anything.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

bigredman is offline Registered User

If Brett went anywhere, it would be to a contender for the Super Bowl. I don't see any of the contenders wanting to take him. New Orleans to play close to home maybe, or Dallas, even Houston.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viper is offline Registered User

I have nothing but respect for Favre. He's been a fierce competitor his entire career. He has been a great example for the younger players and has been good for the game of football. Oh yea, he won a Superbowl. That doesn't happen by luck.

I am thinking that it may be time for him to retire now. He's not the same as he used to be. Perhaps he'll fall back on his acting career. Does anybody remember his cameo in "There's Something About Mary?" It could happen!
    Last edited by viper; -04-16-2006 at 03:46 PM.

April 15, 2006 1:39 PM ET
    Packers: Favre's new deadline established
    The News

The new deadline for the $3 million roster bonus the Packers owe quarterback Brett Favre is July 27, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
    Our View

This new date ensures that Favre's bonus won't be an issue again until the team is set to begin training camp. Hopefully the hesitant legend will have his mind made up by then.
    ------------------------------------------------------

This shows that the Pack aren't worried about his decision and it won't affect how they draft. So again I say, Favre taking his time is not hurting the Pack whatsoever.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Yes he has those stats, due to longevity of his career, some talented receivers, good offensive lines, and good defenses that gave him positive field position most of his career. He has NEVER been a very accurate passer, his long pass resembles a Hail Mary, and...oh yeh...he throws a great deal of interceptions.
    Ok, red, we will just have to disagree. Personally, I say Favre is one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game, but if you want to say he's average that is certainly your right to do so.

But I do have to say, his interception numbers are right in line with any great QB to ever play including Unitas, Marino, Elway, Tarkenton, any of them. And I'm not sure that the Packers talent at O-line or receiver has been any better than any other team. Not to mention, the Packers have not had a top-tier running team for most of Favre's tenure, so he HAD to make the passing game work.

I'm still a little stunned that Favre would be described as average, but it's your opinion, so all I can do is offer mine.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Favre is taking his time because he knows he can. he's lucky to know anything after all the hits he has took! So give him his space. He is THE GREENBAY PACKER!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12