throwback week

Drew Guest

browns QB situation...

we all know the story of what happened last season,with Anderson making the job his own (for now anyway),reports are saying that anderson will be given a 3 year deal ,which i think is a wise move,too early to give a 7 year contract...ive been wondering since anderson burst onto the scene early doors..what may become of Quinn....

they both of the age where they could be starters for the next 10 years...i really believed it at the time that still do now,that Quinn was/is the best QB in last years draft and for that matter is better than this years QB prospects..IMHO...

so what do you think will become of it all...

will they stick with anderson for the next couple of years and bring Quinn into the lineout in the next two years?

or do you think brady will have to stay on the bench till another team comes in for him further down the line?

the trading him for a first pick this year altho you could say well,maybe baltimore would take him over Brohm and Browns would like to get a 1st round pick back for their much needed D upgrade...it still seems unlikely...

whats your view G`s & D`s?

I really do believe that Brady Quinn is gonna be a huge star in the NFL someday,just not sure if its gonna be in Cleveland....
    Last edited by Drew; -02-21-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Re: browns QB situation...

My friend is a dolphins fan and made that point to me a couple of weeks ago. The browns have two quarterbacks either of which could be starters. What he suggested the dolphins do is trade their 1st and 2nd round pick in exchange for Quinn and the Brown's 1st pick. This way the browns don't have to eat Brady's huge contract and have him just sitting on the bench wasting cap space, and Miami gets a quality quarterback.

RamOfDenmark Guest

All I know is that I'm not sure I would be able to stomach a Rams QB named Brady if you know what I mean.

I think he's a good QB though, and I thought the Browns got a steal with him in that draft. Anderson has been on fire though, you cannot bench a guy like that for any reason. The situation to me is quite similar to San Diego when they had both Rivers and Brees. It's anyone's guess who will be traded and who will stay, I see it as essentially 50/50 right now - but I do think they will have to trade one of them at some point, they will become too expensive to keep both.

If they train Quinn well until he's ready to take the field maybe we can get him for cheap and get someone who's ready to play instead of having to develop a QB ourselves who knows.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    All I know is that I'm not sure I would be able to stomach a Rams QB named Brady if you know what I mean.
    If he throws 50 touchdown passes and leads us to the Superbowl I don't care what his name is.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    My friend is a dolphins fan and made that point to me a couple of weeks ago. The browns have two quarterbacks either of which could be starters. What he suggested the dolphins do is trade their 1st and 2nd round pick in exchange for Quinn and the Brown's 1st pick. This way the browns don't have to eat Brady's huge contract and have him just sitting on the bench wasting cap space, and Miami gets a quality quarterback.
    this sounds like a pretty good ideal.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    Um... irony of ironies, the Browns DON'T have a 1st pick in this draft because they traded it to Dallas last year to draft (all together now) Brady Quinn. Plus you are suggesting that the Dolphins trade the first overall pick in this draft for a guy they could have had last year with the 9th overall pick in the draft. Somehow I just don't see this happening.

WHAT SAY YE?

RamOfDenmark Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    If he throws 50 touchdown passes and leads us to the Superbowl I don't care what his name is.
    Lol, fair point. As long as it's not the Brady then, wouldn't want him on my team no matter how good he is.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Um... irony of ironies, the Browns DON'T have a 1st pick in this draft because they traded it to Dallas last year to draft (all together now) Brady Quinn. Plus you are suggesting that the Dolphins trade the first overall pick in this draft for a guy they could have had last year with the 9th overall pick in the draft. Somehow I just don't see this happening.

WHAT SAY YE?
    You said what I couldn't put into a clear post. Thanks.