Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bruce's comments on his move

Here is what our hero had to say about signing on with the Whiners....Really sounds like he is taking it hard and really he cares what the fans think.

From his conference call with San Francisco media:

RE: How disappointing is it not to finish your career with the Rams. Was that a goal of yours?
    “It wasn’t disappointing at all. I have always known that this was a business oriented organization. Could the hammer fall on Isaac Bruce and I would have to leave another city and play in a different one? I guess that question has been answered. It really wasn’t surprising and I wasn’t disappointed at all. It turned out that way, I am a 49er now and I am happy about it.”

Ramer is offline Registered User

Re: Bruce's comments on his move

Never in my life did I think I would hear those words coming out of Bruce's mouth "I am a 49er now and I am happy about it.” Makes me want to throw up.:x.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramer View Post
    Never in my life did I think I would hear those words coming out of Bruce's mouth "I am a 49er now and I am happy about it.” Makes me want to throw up.:x.
    He really needs to say that, he can't say this sucks I wish I was still with the Rams.

I know he does, but it still make me sick hearing him say it.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Wow! For all the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth by us Clan members, it seems like it was a lot of wasted energy.

Ike sounded as bothered by leaving the Rams as my 5th wife was to leaving me for the next door neighbor. :sfosux:

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Before this thread gets too far, let's think about this. If for example Jacob Bell came here and said he wasn't happy to be a Ram, the media and fans would crucify him. So Bruce couldn't go to the whiners and say I'm not happy to be a whiner can he.

Now as for the rest of the quote, even though I'm not fond of it think about it from Bruce's perspective. IF the Rams screwed him out of money that they promised him does he deserve to be upset, yes. Expanding on that, Bruce may have been offended that he had been asked to restructure twice, so he may have soured because of that right off the bat which is where I think this whole thing started. He restructured once already, let someone else help out this time. It's not his fault we were in a salary cap hell, he already helped once. Did the Rams even ask anyone else with a big contract like Bulger, Holt, Pace etc if they would mind restructuring to find this 2 mil to keep Bruce? That's something I would like to know.

I think there is a lot more to this than just a simple cut for cap purposes, and we may never know the whole story, but when you think of Ike as a Ram when has he ever not been a consummate professional? Never is the answer. Now all of a sudden he's the guy who isn't the "hero" and isn't sad to not be a Ram? It doesn't make sense unless there is more to it which is what I think.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

viper is offline Registered User

I tend to agree with you RB. He has always been politically correct. I think he's not entirely happy with what happened the last few days with the restucturing request. He probably isn't a big Linehan fan anyway from what we heard this season. So, aside from his friendships with the other Rams players, whom I'm sure he'll miss, he probably feels he lost a connection with the team and it made the decision to move on easier. Into the open arms of Mike Martz. I understand where he's coming from and I'm not upset about what he said.

I agree with all of you. He is saying what he has to say. I will away be a Bruce fan, even if he is with the ****ers. :sfosux: I just never thought I would see the day Bruce would not be a Ram.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I think the point should be that there are a lot of assumptions we all make about what both sides are thinking. For the past week I have heard a lot of trash talk about the Rams decisions. These decisions did not come easy I am sure for either side. Again, it takes two parties to tango. Bruce also made some of his own decisions in this that deserve as much criticisms and support that some of us have given to the team, and in the big scheme of things he is not as innocent as he seems to be.

The bottom line...both parties made a business decision and did what they felt was right for themselves. No one cares or gives a damn what we think, Bruce included. He will be missed and never forgotten. BUT as long as he plays not wearing the horns and until he decides to step off the field for good he will be considered the enemy in my books. Long live the Rams...
    Last edited by RamWraith; -03-05-2008 at 11:35 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

None of us did Ramer. I thought he would be a Ram till the end. But its a business. What can we say.

Haha, I believe that all of us need to put the SF Sux thing.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I wonder how Ike would have responded if he was asked about the circumstances leading up to his being cut and if he felt he was treated fairly by the Rams during that process?

Chris58 is offline Registered User

I wouldn't expect him to dis the 4***'s. I just thought it was interesting that of all things he could have said, he had no opinion about the last 14 years with the Rams except it was a business oriented organization.

smitheRAM is offline Registered User

Myself, I was born in So Cal. Born into a Ramclan. Born a Rams fan. Born to hate the Whiners. And with this statement, by my family member Rev. Ike .........Lets just say
    Isaac "you are dead to me" I know longer have a brother

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Smithe, that takes it a bit far, don't you think? I honestly believe he is hurt by this decision stating that "its just an organization move" or whatever. I'd be hurt, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to show my emotions towards it. We've known Bruce throughout the years, he is very soft spoken, so do you really think he'd go all out and bash the Rams? No, he's just going to try and shake off something that truly did hurt him. That is what I believe atleast. As for being dead, come on, I know he's not on the team but he will live forever in our Ram hearts as the guy who scored the late TD to win the Superbowl. He's always going to be a Ram to me no matter what team he decides to play for. Does it sicken me to no degree? Yeah of course, but 20 years from now, we all know that he's a Ram and will ALWAYS be a ram.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by smitheRAM View Post
    Myself, I was born in So Cal. Born into a Ramclan. Born a Rams fan. Born to hate the Whiners. And with this statement, by my family member Rev. Ike .........Lets just say
    Isaac "you are dead to me" I know longer have a brother
    thats a bit harsh don't you think,as Varg6 just said 20 years from now Bruce will be remembered as a Ram and it's hard to think about him with the niners,I am sure it was a more difficult decision to make than Ike is leading on.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast