Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Well, what is Bruce REALLY IS happy to no longer be a Ram? With the way the front office has been treating him like crap every now and then, maybe he was just fed up with it?
    I have no ill feelings at all towards Bruce. If the Rams really wanted to keep him around, they would have paid up.


  2. #32
    moklerman Guest

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    I think it's quite obvious that the Rams were doing everything they could to get Faneca. So, in an attempt to overpay a guy who wasn't worth it, they cut a guy that they shouldn't have.

    Everyone else can rationalize this as much as they want, to try and ease their Rams souls, but this move stinks as much as...no, more than all the other similar moves they've made since the black widow took over. The Rams could have paid Bruce and not been any worse off in free agency. Now they don't have the guy they coveted and we'll see Eddie Kennison or someone like him lining up where Bruce should have been.

  3. #33
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,812
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    RB,

    I respect the love you have for the guy. He too is my favorite Ram as he is with many. The difference is I see the business side of this. Both the Rams and Issac have moved on, why can't we? This is the same argument that has been going on for how many years about Warner. We fans need to start putting the team first not the players. This is what Green Bay fans have. This is what makes them special. They understand losing one player will not beat them down. They lost Favre...they are hurt and upset and many feel cheated because the team never pursued Moss for Bret, but you know what...they will move on and there entire franchise will still be successful. There will be no hating on the team and people will still buy tickets and paint there house green and gold. No one comes into their forum and says they are going to stop cheering for their team now and go cheer on the Bills. They love their team as much as Bret Favre. Bret Favre is not the Green Bay Packers. As is Issac Bruce is not the St. Louis Rams. That is what I am trying to drive home.

    Hate the game....not the playa ;-)
    Maybe you misunderstood me. I see the business side of it. That's why I said let's not entertain the idea that the Rams may have promised money and reneged for the sake of this discussion. I posted above about the business side. My opinion is that it was a bad business move. This isn't emotion talking. I love the guy but if he was asking for too much money I would have been fine with the cut. I don't think he was asking for too much, and I think we are thin at WR and we need the leadership that he brings. So that's all about business and the Rams, not about that I love the guy. I think the Rams made a mistake, the Rams don't. Some here feel it was a mistake, some don't.

    Who hates the team because of this Bruce move? I know I don't. Don't lump the people who think cutting Bruce was a bad business move in with the person who said he quits and he will root for the Bills. That was an isolated incident. Just because I think they made a huge mistake doesn't mean I'm hating on the team. We made a huge mistake drafting Lawrence Phillips, I was mad, I knew it was dumb, but they were still my team then, and they are now.

    I already get it's not the St Louis Bruces. I always have. I was a Rams fan before Bruce was in High School. For me it's always been the L.A. and now St Louis Rams. My point is I think it was a bad business decision period. That's been my stance since it happened. When we cut Bruce the first time is when I started preparing myself each offseason that he might not be here. This was the year. I was already prepared. I still believe the Rams screwed up and made a mistake. Do I hate them, no.

    Moving on is great, it's only been a week though. Bruce is going to come up a lot throughout the year just because of who he is to us. There is no avoiding that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

  4. #34
    BIG-BLUE's Avatar
    BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Roseville,CA USA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    659
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Maybe you misunderstood me. I see the business side of it. That's why I said let's not entertain the idea that the Rams may have promised money and reneged for the sake of this discussion. I posted above about the business side. My opinion is that it was a bad business move. This isn't emotion talking. I love the guy but if he was asking for too much money I would have been fine with the cut. I don't think he was asking for too much, and I think we are thin at WR and we need the leadership that he brings. So that's all about business and the Rams, not about that I love the guy. I think the Rams made a mistake, the Rams don't. Some here feel it was a mistake, some don't.

    Who hates the team because of this Bruce move? I know I don't. Don't lump the people who think cutting Bruce was a bad business move in with the person who said he quits and he will root for the Bills. That was an isolated incident. Just because I think they made a huge mistake doesn't mean I'm hating on the team. We made a huge mistake drafting Lawrence Phillips, I was mad, I knew it was dumb, but they were still my team then, and they are now.

    I already get it's not the St Louis Bruces. I always have. I was a Rams fan before Bruce was in High School. For me it's always been the L.A. and now St Louis Rams. My point is I think it was a bad business decision period. That's been my stance since it happened. When we cut Bruce the first time is when I started preparing myself each offseason that he might not be here. This was the year. I was already prepared. I still believe the Rams screwed up and made a mistake. Do I hate them, no.

    Moving on is great, it's only been a week though. Bruce is going to come up a lot throughout the year just because of who he is to us. There is no avoiding that.
    RB, I agree with your point on the value he would have brought to the Rams, if he would have stayed. His leadership would have been invaluable, not to mention it does leave us a lil thin in the WR dept. But the FO feels different & for some strange reason I'm ok with it. It would have been great to see him play his whole career as a Ram, it's just not in the cards. On top of that the offseason is still in full gear & there still may be a surprise or 2 coming at us we don't know about, which will make this whole thing a lil easier to swallow.

  5. #35
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,812
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    RB, I agree with your point on the value he would have brought to the Rams, if he would have stayed. His leadership would have been invaluable, not to mention it does leave us a lil thin in the WR dept. But the FO feels different & for some strange reason I'm ok with it. It would have been great to see him play his whole career as a Ram, it's just not in the cards. On top of that the offseason is still in full gear & there still may be a surprise or 2 coming at us we don't know about, which will make this whole thing a lil easier to swallow.
    You're right things may look different because it's a long time before September. As of right now though, all I have to go on is what is now. Right now I see us as very thin at WR, so right now I think it was a bad business move to cut Bruce.

    I am glad we didn't overpay for a free agent WR because the prices for those players were ridiculous. I think we did fine in Free Agency.

    If we somehow address the WR position and I like it, I will say so. If I don't like it, I will say so. Hey I hope I'm wrong but going into the season with Holt and his knee, Bennett not being able to stay healthy so far, a couple of young guys, and most likely a rookie or two doesn't make me feel good about the WR position. If the Rams plan is to go with what we have right now, and add a rookie or two. I think that's a bad plan. I really hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

  6. #36
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I think the point should be that there are a lot of assumptions we all make about what both sides are thinking. For the past week I have heard a lot of trash talk about the Rams decisions. These decisions did not come easy I am sure for either side. Again, it takes two parties to tango. Bruce also made some of his own decisions in this that deserve as much criticisms and support that some of us have given to the team, and in the big scheme of things he is not as innocent as he seems to be.

    The bottom line...both parties made a business decision and did what they felt was right for themselves. No one cares or gives a damn what we think, Bruce included. He will be missed and never forgotten. BUT as long as he plays not wearing the horns and until he decides to step off the field for good he will be considered the enemy in my books. Long live the Rams...
    Absolutely right.

    He now plays for them.

    What he says or does from now on in, is entirely their concern.

  7. #37
    Yodude's Avatar
    Yodude is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The State of Confusion
    Posts
    1,034
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    You guys can defend the organization all you want and spin the decision like a politician. But the fact remains, this was the most gutless, low-class move the Rams have made in a long, long time.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

  8. #38
    BIG-BLUE's Avatar
    BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Roseville,CA USA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    659
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    You're right things may look different because it's a long time before September. As of right now though, all I have to go on is what is now. Right now I see us as very thin at WR, so right now I think it was a bad business move to cut Bruce.

    I am glad we didn't overpay for a free agent WR because the prices for those players were ridiculous. I think we did fine in Free Agency.

    If we somehow address the WR position and I like it, I will say so. If I don't like it, I will say so. Hey I hope I'm wrong but going into the season with Holt and his knee, Bennett not being able to stay healthy so far, a couple of young guys, and most likely a rookie or two doesn't make me feel good about the WR position. If the Rams plan is to go with what we have right now, and add a rookie or two. I think that's a bad plan. I really hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.
    I hate to say it but it does look like we will draft a wr early. It is an area that needs to be addressed & if you don't want to over pay for a FA & you want to get younger, you will have no opitions but to draft a wr & start a rookie. Of course there are always the June 1 cuts where someone could become avaliable, but thats a huge gamble.
    There is DJ Hackett out there & I do like like his game when healthy, I know some are not to hip on him but I think he would be a good signing for the right price.

  9. #39
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,709
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    You guys can defend the organization all you want and spin the decision like a politician. But the fact remains, this was the most gutless, low-class move the Rams have made in a long, long time.
    Now that is an interesting take on it, Yo. Some would say that calling the transaction "gutless & low-class" is more political spin than fact. Some would say that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  10. #40
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,709
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I hate to say it but it does look like we will draft a wr early.
    But consensus was that we were going to anyway, right?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  11. #41
    BIG-BLUE's Avatar
    BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Roseville,CA USA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    659
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    But consensus was that we were going to anyway, right?
    I suppose by consensus your right, but I was looking for a wr in the 4th or 5th rounds, no earlier than the 3rd & maybe picking up a wr in FA. I was hoping to shore up our DL & OL with the earlier picks, but the Rams have so many needs that it could go just about any way one can dream.

    Just be glad I don't run things, I could really screw things up

  12. #42
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,709
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I suppose by consensus your right, but I was looking for a wr in the 4th or 5th rounds, no earlier than the 3rd
    Well that's where we differ, I suppose. I've figured from day 1 our first 3 rounds would net some combo of DE, WR, & OT.
    Just be glad I don't run things, I could really screw things up
    Wouldn't we all, mate. Wouldn't we all.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  13. #43
    smitheRAM's Avatar
    smitheRAM is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    IDaho
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    As to my comments earlier in this thread, I can tell we have no "Godfather" fans. Most here seem to blame the organization for Ikes leaving. What got to me was the comment from Bruce about leaving the team. "It wasn't disappointing at all." As pointed out earlier the Rams have paid Bruce fairly through the years. I expect they probably would still and even if they didn't. The question of $1 million, who knows? What seems clear to me by his statement is that he is in it just for the money and the only loyalties are to who is writing the check. Even if you understand it is a business, there should be some disappointment not being with the same team that you had been with your whole career. IMO

  14. #44
    bigredman Guest

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Who cares what what's his name says. He's dead. Gone. Passed away. Sleeping with the fishes. You go whiner, you go to hell as far as Ram fans are concerned. (and I'm being polite here)

  15. #45
    smitheRAM's Avatar
    smitheRAM is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    IDaho
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Bruce's comments on his move

    Bigredman Spoken Like A True Ram Fan. No Doubt Where Your Heart Is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pace is out; Linehan mulls next move at tackle
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-13-2006, 09:01 PM
  2. NFL Franchise Year-by-Year Genealogy History
    By OldRamsfan in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -04-26-2006, 03:31 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: -01-09-2006, 10:32 PM
  4. Rams move Williams back to safety
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-29-2004, 08:24 PM
  5. Jackson makes comments on comments
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -07-28-2004, 05:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •