Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,812
    Rep Power
    52

    Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    Does anyone like the job Gumbel is doing on the NFL Network Football Telecasts on Thursday nights? He's horrible, I waited a couple of weeks before I really judged him, but I can't take anymore. He doesn't know some of the players names, talks over the refs, and is just terrible overall. :x

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

  2. #2
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,082
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Does anyone like the job Gumbel is doing on the NFL Network Football Telecasts on Thursday nights? He's horrible, I waited a couple of weeks before I really judged him, but I can't take anymore. He doesn't know some of the players names, talks over the refs, and is just terrible overall. :x
    Agreed, still a pompous jerk and now a horrible announcer. I especially liked his announcement of "the three minute warning". What was the NFL Network thinking? Hard to believe they tried this guy out and then decided to give him a job, especially after his comments about Gene Upshaw being on Paul Tagliabue's leash.

  3. #3
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,312
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Agreed, still a pompous jerk and now a horrible announcer. I especially liked his announcement of "the three minute warning". What was the NFL Network thinking? Hard to believe they tried this guy out and then decided to give him a job, especially after his comments about Gene Upshaw being on Paul Tagliabue's leash.
    I'm glad this was brought up I thought I was hearing things. So he did say 3 minute warning.:x

    I would rate this guy below Michael Irvin.....and I think Irvin is the worst.:x

  4. #4
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,049
    Rep Power
    171

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    Its only his first year on NFL network. I think you really need to give him at least two years before you can evaluate his performance.

  5. #5
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,812
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Its only his first year on NFL network. I think you really need to give him at least two years before you can evaluate his performance.
    Yawn, he's been in the television business for years, he started out as a sportscaster and also worked for NBC as host for the pre game show. There's a big difference between him and Linehan and the jobs they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

  6. #6
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,049
    Rep Power
    171

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    Yeah, and besides that, his cameraman is injured and his wardrobe consultant can't pass block.

  7. #7
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,874
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    I dunno. I kinda liked the job he and his brother did on Gumbel 2 Gumbel.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  8. #8
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,082
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Its only his first year on NFL network. I think you really need to give him at least two years before you can evaluate his performance.
    I guess this means we won't be seeing the B.G.O.P. any time soon.

  9. #9
    dramswin13 Guest

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    He also called a ball out of bounds at the 53 yd line last week.

  10. #10
    DieHard23's Avatar
    DieHard23 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Peters
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    they should line him up w/ the new MNF announcers and formally execute them all!!!

  11. #11
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,049
    Rep Power
    171

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I dunno. I kinda liked the job he and his brother did on Gumbel 2 Gumbel.
    LOL. Thank goodness Peter and Chris were able to trick the studio, or they would have cancelled that show!

  12. #12
    BigGameMN Guest

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    He's awful, terrible, loathsome, and abhorrent. Did I miss anything?

  13. #13
    Marshall1 Guest

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    Well I don't get NFL channel anymore but Gumble cant be as bad as the crap Joe Theisman put's on the air. He is the most annoying, wishy washy announcer out there. But Marshal Faulk is doing a great job. GO MARSHAL!

  14. #14
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,812
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    On Saturday Night Football with Dallas vs Atlanta Gumbel called the play clock a shot clock like in basketball. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

  15. #15
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,874
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Bryant Gumbel Is Horrible

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    On Saturday Night Football with Dallas vs Atlanta Gumbel called the play clock a shot clock like in basketball. LOL
    I read that on another forum. One of the few times I'm thankful I don't have the NFL Network. :x
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •