Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
  1. #16
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,987
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    And before you ridicule me for the(we could have gotten better) part, I really just mean Warner emerged from nowhere and I think they were hoping Bulger would have benn another, Otherwise we would really pursued a proven vet. Good Luck Marc Bulger,
    Really??? Come on man we didnt pursue a proven vet because when Bulger replaced Warner Bulger was playing very good football. Bulger was a leader and just because some of you say he wasnt a leader means nothing. Your feelings dont matter more than the guys who played with Bulger. No one is saying he was better than Warner and I think everyone knows we gave up to soon on Warner. Bulger was a good qb and went through what 3 different offensive systems in his time in St. Louis. To say the only reason we didnt go after a proven vet is because the Rams were hoping Bulger would be another qb to rise out of no where like Warner is just rediculous. What team doesnt hope a qb rises out of nowhere and becomes a star. The reason the Rams didnt look for a vet was because Bulger was playing so well and playing like a seasoned vet. For crying out loud give the guy a little credit and quit with the leader crap none of you guys gut feeling about his leadership means diddly squat. The players Bulger played with called him a good leader, he just wasnt a loud obnoxious cry baby of a qb. The only people saying Bulger was not a good leader are the people on this board who never really liked him as a qb. It sucks the way the Warner thing went down but I'm glad we got to see another good qb try to help this team win and not another Tony Banks.

    Its time to move on and I will back Bradford just as I backed Bulger and Warner and every qb the Rams have had since I have been a Rams fan (1979). I will also trust what the staff and players say about Bradford when it comes to his leadership and play on the field with this team and not guys posting on this board.

    Just Fix It

  2. #17
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,507
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    If Marc could get a do-over for the last 3 years and RAISES his game to the level of 'TERRIBLE ', perhaps he would deserve more credit.

    But for all of his accomplishments as a Ram starting QB for the first 5 years, the last three are by far what I'll remember most. And the fact that he made more money than any Ram in history certainly doesn't bode well for this arguement.

    Frankly, I believe one could argue that he got too much credit. With a skill set that to me, was pedestrian at best, and on top of that, guiding the Rams through the worst stretch in it's history while cashing in on the biggest contract in it's history is hardly a reason to extend him more credit.

    Furthermore, I think it's ridiculous to sight his bumps and bruises as if no other QB has ever suffered the same fate. Heck, every player gets bumped and bruised every single time they step on the field. It's a widely accepted part of the game.

    As far as I'm concerned, Marc Bulger was the winner in this partnership. He knows it, and most fans know it. So of course, he left town just as quietly as he arrived.

  3. #18
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If Marc could get a do-over for the last 3 years and RAISES his game to the level of 'TERRIBLE ', perhaps he would deserve more credit.
    Perhaps if every player not named jackson on this team raised above terrible then we wouldn't have picked 2,2,1 the last three years. A player is only as good as his team, Marc is no exception.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    But for all of his accomplishments as a Ram starting QB for the first 5 years, the last three are by far what I'll remember most. And the fact that he made more money than any Ram in history certainly doesn't bode well for this arguement.
    So lets forget the starting years of player and just remember how they left. Warner was good for the first three years but the next year he just kept getting hurt, guy must be injury prone, never want him on my team again. Holt was good for the first 9 years but the last few years he was a mere shell of himself, so thats how I am going to remember him. Pace was a great player, but the past few years he was horrible, so he must be remembered for that. This argument is the most rediculous thing I have ever seen. Lets remember players for their years in decline and not their prime years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    Frankly, I believe one could argue that he got too much credit. With a skill set that to me, was pedestrian at best, and on top of that, guiding the Rams through the worst stretch in it's history while cashing in on the biggest contract in it's history is hardly a reason to extend him more credit.
    Frankly I think we both can agree that this is not how it went down. Marc came her as a sixth rounder and played at pro bowl level for 5 years. With what many would consider one of the most accurate arms in rams history. Leading the rams through some bad years in which he kept his cool, and inspired his teammates. Through seasons in which he not once complained about the talent level and obvious decline of the superstars around him. Bulger got payed at a probowl level because he played like one for 5 years, but I repeat, a player is only as good as the team around him. So are you telling me that the teams that we fielded in 07,08,09 were good enough to go to the playoffs? Because I can safely say they were not.

  4. #19
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,507
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Perhaps if every player not named jackson on this team raised above terrible then we wouldn't have picked 2,2,1 the last three years. A player is only as good as his team, Marc is no exception.

    So lets forget the starting years of player and just remember how they left. Warner was good for the first three years but the next year he just kept getting hurt, guy must be injury prone, never want him on my team again. Holt was good for the first 9 years but the last few years he was a mere shell of himself, so thats how I am going to remember him. Pace was a great player, but the past few years he was horrible, so he must be remembered for that. This argument is the most rediculous thing I have ever seen. Lets remember players for their years in decline and not their prime years.

    Frankly I think we both can agree that this is not how it went down. Marc came her as a sixth rounder and played at pro bowl level for 5 years. With what many would consider one of the most accurate arms in rams history. Leading the rams through some bad years in which he kept his cool, and inspired his teammates. Through seasons in which he not once complained about the talent level and obvious decline of the superstars around him. Bulger got payed at a probowl level because he played like one for 5 years, but I repeat, a player is only as good as the team around him. So are you telling me that the teams that we fielded in 07,08,09 were good enough to go to the playoffs? Because I can safely say they were not.

    Say what you want, Marc Bulger has been richly compensated for any and everything he's done for this organization. He simply gets no more credit from me.

    Next topic please.

  5. #20
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,987
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Say what you want, Marc Bulger has been richly compensated for any and everything he's done for this organization. He simply gets no more credit from me.

    Next topic please.
    Then aside from Steven Jackson, no one on this team deserves any credit for anything they do or dont do on the field. This team has downright sucked and no one else including Bulger who is being paid a ton of cash to play a game have done crap to help make this team a winner. It can't all be on Bulgers shoulders but yet every man on this team even down to the coaching staff. It's like since Bulger was rewarded with a big contract after a great season everything is his fault in your mind. You act like Bulger got paid and tanked the last three seasons on purpose. He stood out there getting crushed and cashing checks because he got what he wanted right? All he wanted was a big payday.

    I guess we can blame Warner and Martz for the whole Bulger ordeal anyway with the thumb injury or was it an injury? Lets blame those guys for the demise of the Rams. Warner got a big payday for the Rams too and then went into the tank and was shown the door prematurely obviousley. Although that was a good thing for him because the results that Bulger posted the last three years would have been a mirror image if Warner had been the qb the last three years. This team has downright sucked at every position except rb, and safety in my opinion, but thats all Bulgers fault for not putting up huge numbers behind a makeshift line and young inexperienced wr's.

    All you seem to judge Bulger by is him being the highest paid Ram in history. Like you wouldnt take a huge raise at work can you blame the guy. His agent and the front office and coaching staff obviousley agreed that he deserved that type of contract. You can surround a good qb with crap and you pretty much get crap results. You can surround a below average qb with great talent and win a superbowl. As usual his circumstance of being Warners replacement clouds a lot of peoples memories who still have tied up emotions in Warner. It wasnt Bulgers fault the Rams let Warner go either was it?
    Just Fix It

  6. #21
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Say what you want, Marc Bulger has been richly compensated for any and everything he's done for this organization. He simply gets no more credit from me.

    Next topic please.

    He earned his contract because he played at a high level, and was considered a "franchise" quarterback.

    Then, he gets injured. No one could have predicted that.



    One thing you fail to understand is that Bulger declined as Linehan took over the team.

    His teammates like Torry Holt, Steven Jackson, Orlando Pace, all had problems with Linehan, and the team chemistry through these few years was meager.



    If we had a stable team instead of declining, Marc Bulger would have continued to be a Pro-Bowl QB, and our records would definitely not have been horrible.




    Also, I have never heard of a terrible QB making the Pro-Bowl.

  7. #22
    live4ramin's Avatar
    live4ramin is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Missouri Flatlands
    Posts
    1,286
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    From now on I will give negitive Rep to anyone "Bulger-baiting".
    Let the hype begin.

  8. #23
    live4ramin's Avatar
    live4ramin is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Missouri Flatlands
    Posts
    1,286
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    On second thought, that seems a bit harsh. I do hate this topic though.

    No one changes their position on this one, and I honestly think it weakens this board.
    Let the hype begin.

  9. #24
    lordwhttgr's Avatar
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.
    Posts
    758
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    From now on I will give negitive Rep to anyone "Bulger-baiting".
    What is bulger baiting?

  10. #25
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    What is bulger baiting?
    Sort of like trolling, only using Bulger as the main topic.

  11. #26
    dgr828's Avatar
    dgr828 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    THE GOLDEN STATE
    Posts
    1,917
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Now is the time to move the Bulger threads to "RavensTalk". Bulgers' career with the Rams should be descibed as a major disappointment that turned out to be a fraud, given the salary he stole from the Rams.
    Credit!! what credit? Bulger will be remembered as the QB in the worst period in Rams history. His early success, we all now know, was a product of a Mike Martz system that was once ran by a 2X NFL MVP in Kurt Warner.
    Bulger was a Bum and the Rams waited wayyy too late to give him da Boot!
    His O-line began to lose respect for him, his Receivers began to lose faith in him, Fans began to lose patience with him and finally the FO disowned him.

    The Scoreboard tells no lie! Under Bulger's helm it will always show that the Rams, for what ever reason, lack the leadership and drive from the under center position.

    Bulger never got the credit he deserved because Bulger never desrved the credit.

    IF HE WALKS LIKE HE SUX, TALKS LIKE HE SUX AND LOOKS LIKE HE SUX, HE MUST SUX!!!
    GOOD RIDDANCE, MARC BULGER, SUX YOU LATER AND SUX IT EASY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #27
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,987
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Now is the time to move the Bulger threads to "RavensTalk". Bulgers' career with the Rams should be descibed as a major disappointment that turned out to be a fraud, given the salary he stole from the Rams.
    Credit!! what credit? Bulger will be remembered as the QB in the worst period in Rams history. His early success, we all now know, was a product of a Mike Martz system that was once ran by a 2X NFL MVP in Kurt Warner.
    Bulger was a Bum and the Rams waited wayyy too late to give him da Boot!
    His O-line began to lose respect for him, his Receivers began to lose faith in him, Fans began to lose patience with him and finally the FO disowned him.

    The Scoreboard tells no lie! Under Bulger's helm it will always show that the Rams, for what ever reason, lack the leadership and drive from the under center position.

    Bulger never got the credit he deserved because Bulger never desrved the credit.

    IF HE WALKS LIKE HE SUX, TALKS LIKE HE SUX AND LOOKS LIKE HE SUX, HE MUST SUX!!!
    GOOD RIDDANCE, MARC BULGER, SUX YOU LATER AND SUX IT EASY!
    Maybe the worst and most un-classy post I have ever read in my time here on the Clan. Afterall the qb position is the be all end all of team success. Trent Dilfer,Rich Gannon and Jay Schroeder are living proof of that right?

    I'm done with Bulger discussions for good let's move on to Bradford.
    Just Fix It

  13. #28
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Good Grief, this is a damn stupid article!

    He's gone. He wanted to go. So, move on Burwell.

    With everything that goes on in the world we are expected to pity a highly paid pro athlete, simply because he did not reach demigod status?

    Give me a freakin' break, Burwell.

    Please move all future Bulger posts to NFL Talk.


    I for one am happy that we now have Sam Bradford and I'm looking forward to the coming season when he leads our Rams into the playoffs!




  14. #29
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Now is the time to move the Bulger threads to "RavensTalk". Bulgers' career with the Rams should be descibed as a major disappointment that turned out to be a fraud, given the salary he stole from the Rams.
    Credit!! what credit? Bulger will be remembered as the QB in the worst period in Rams history. His early success, we all now know, was a product of a Mike Martz system that was once ran by a 2X NFL MVP in Kurt Warner.
    Bulger was a Bum and the Rams waited wayyy too late to give him da Boot!
    His O-line began to lose respect for him, his Receivers began to lose faith in him, Fans began to lose patience with him and finally the FO disowned him.

    The Scoreboard tells no lie! Under Bulger's helm it will always show that the Rams, for what ever reason, lack the leadership and drive from the under center position.

    Bulger never got the credit he deserved because Bulger never desrved the credit.

    IF HE WALKS LIKE HE SUX, TALKS LIKE HE SUX AND LOOKS LIKE HE SUX, HE MUST SUX!!!
    GOOD RIDDANCE, MARC BULGER, SUX YOU LATER AND SUX IT EASY!
    Can you please go troll another board for awhile.

  15. #30
    dgr828's Avatar
    dgr828 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    THE GOLDEN STATE
    Posts
    1,917
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Bulger never got the credit he deserved

    Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    can you please go troll another board for awhile.
    who u callin troll, troll?!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bulger is picking up Saunders’ system
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -08-07-2008, 02:19 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: -09-26-2007, 02:53 PM
  3. Prisco on Bulger ...
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -08-28-2007, 09:06 PM
  4. Avid golfer Bulger is going to U.S. Open
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -06-14-2007, 04:23 PM
  5. Bulger Healthy, Happy with New Staff
    By .ramfan. in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -02-16-2006, 11:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •