Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Bulger's Preseason Opener vs Ravens

5/12, 67yards 1 sack and fumble rating 60.1

Meant to say vs Carolina panthers... oops!

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Bulger's Preseason Opener vs Ravens

he also under threw an open receiver, NO ARM
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

We all know he never had an arm to throw the field, but to be fair I wouldnt call that receiver open the cornerback was on his tail going down the sideline. What I saw was a quick release and an accurate arm, that hit a few open receivers and even made a tight throw, that his receiver then promptly dropped. He will do fine as a backup, and if Flacco gets hurt he is more then capable at running the ravens offense. Wish him nothing but the best and hopefully the ravens win a superbowl in the next two years to get Marc a ring. He deserves one for all the beatings he took here.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    We all know he never had an arm to throw the field, but to be fair I wouldnt call that receiver open the cornerback was on his tail going down the sideline. What I saw was a quick release and an accurate arm, that hit a few open receivers and even made a tight throw, that his receiver then promptly dropped. He will do fine as a backup, and if Flacco gets hurt he is more then capable at running the ravens offense. Wish him nothing but the best and hopefully the ravens win a superbowl in the next two years to get Marc a ring. He deserves one for all the beatings he took here.
    I saw something different. He was 5/12 and two completions to one person being ed dickson who is the biggest target on the field for him and they were all short to medium throws at most. He missed more than one time down the field had he had better accuracy he would of had some nice plays. He may not even be the second string behind flacco. I truly believe he will lose that right and troy smith will take it. Not that I have a lot of confidence in troy smith its just i have little faith in bulgers arm and ability to lead a huddle. If you watch him on the field in the huddle compared to most qb's he has no fire.

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    he has no fire.
    This argument has been disproven by up to 4 pro bowl players multiple coaches and by pretty much everyone else on the team, so please stop using it.

This argument has been disproven by up to 4 pro bowl players multiple coaches and by pretty much everyone else on the team, so please stop using it.
    I can tell you what I see on the field. I don't care what his team mates have said. They will say anything to stick up for a team mate. You can see his actions on he field and on the sideline, the film doesn't lie.

I can tell you what I see on the field. I don't care what his team mates have said. They will say anything to stick up for a team mate. You can see his actions on he field and on the sideline, the film doesn't lie.
    Since I am assuming you cannot hear and see what is happening in the huddle I am going to say that your argument is baseless and that you have no proof to back it up.

Since I am assuming you cannot hear and see what is happening in the huddle I am going to say that your argument is baseless and that you have no proof to back it up.
    You can't see the way he acts in the huddle? Do you just watch the highlights on espn or do you watch the games? Because you can see how he carries himself. Great example drew brees look at the way he is in the huddle and then look at bulger. You will see a difference in the way they carry themselves. Seeing as neither one of us is gonna change our position on this I don't see a reason in continuing this.

You can't see the way he acts in the huddle?
    Yup, seems like a QB to me, calls plays, gives whatever adjustments he thinks needs to be made.
    Do you just watch the highlights on espn or do you watch the games?
    Both
    Because you can see how he carries himself. Great example drew brees look at the way he is in the huddle and then look at bulger. You will see a difference in the way they carry themselves.
    First Brees is a very emotional person, that not hard to see. Bulger if you havent noticed is pretty reserved. Two different personality types, you cannot compare the two. You wanna know who else was a reserved QB? Kurt Warner.
    Seeing as neither one of us is gonna change our position on this I don't see a reason in continuing this.
    I agree.

Keenum is offline Registered User

He had a few good moments, but it really looked like he had been out of football for a while. I think the announcers said at one point he hadn't even touched a football since his injury. I remember him doing that a few years ago every offseason... not even touching a football until a certain time before camp.
    I think he will improve by te time the regular season rolls around, but don't know if he will ever get back to his 2004/2005 form.

CT_RamsFan is offline Registered User

I agree, that his body language doesnt show leadership qualities, ive seen Qbs grab their own linemans face masks and yell at them when they blow assignments, his line fell apart every play yet he just got up and shook his head, he needed to call these guys out, he never had the leadership qualities to run a offense in my opinion, but again this is just my opinion, he was a decent qb, by far not are worst, but to be great you need to be respected.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

When did yelling at someone become a leadership quality? In most environments yelling at someone does little to gain you respect. There are other ways to tell someone they need to improve their body of work that are as or more effective than yelling. I know yelling at me has never gotten me to respect someone or do anything better where as acting respectful and talking it over have.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Are you talking to me?!

:-)
    Last edited by laram0; -08-18-2010 at 01:55 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Funny how when the Rams were successful under Bulger's leadership, it didn't matter to anyone whether he yelled or screamed.

Leadership is manifested and measured in different ways depending on the individual. I completely disagree that a demonstrative personality is necessary for an effective leader. Leading the way by example is far more important IMO.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

but to be great you need to be respected
    Name one Ram that didn't respect Bulger.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast