Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Cardinals CB Rolle fined $12.5K for facemask penalty

Rolle fined $12.5K for facemask penalty
    Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
    Posted: 4 hours ago

Apparently there is a price for trying to tear off a Pro Bowl running back's head in a game.

I reported on this week's FSN's Pro Football Preview that Arizona Cardinals cornerback Antrel Rolle has been fined a whopping $12,500 by the NFL for his facemask of the Chiefs' Larry Johnson in Sunday's game.

Johnson injured his neck on the play and didn't practice until Thursday for Kansas City due to the injury; but he is expected to play against Pittsburgh this weekend.

On the play, Johnson was running free down the sideline when Rolle caught him, grabbed a hold of his facemask and dragged him down and out of bounds without letting go of the mask.
    Watch for yourself.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Cardinals CB Rolle fined $12.5K for facemask penalty

That was a brutal facemask. Rolle grabbed it, held it, then appeared to purposely use it to make the takedown. Definite malicious penalty that deserved a fine.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

$12,500? That's a lot to us, but...these guys probably spend that much on their toothbrush.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Yeah 12,500 wasn't enough. These penalties are rediculous. If a player is making roughly 365,000 in base pay, 12,500 is not hardly enough fine to send a message.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Meanwhile, the guy that yanked so hard on the Big Boys facemask last week that he pulled the entire helmet off his head didnt even get a penalty! How exactly did he get the Big Boys helmet off if he didnt grab him by the facemask and pull it off?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Meanwhile, the guy that yanked so hard on the Big Boys facemask last week that he pulled the entire helmet off his head didnt even get a penalty! How exactly did he get the Big Boys helmet off if he didnt grab him by the facemask and pull it off?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I totally agree:
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    It was horrible. One of the most obvious blown calls was when Woodson for the Packers helped tackle Jackson by grabbing his face mask with one hand and the underside of his helmet with the other and ripping Jackson's helmet off and tossing it. It was so blatant and right in front of an official too. A horrible non call...
    I'm surprised more Rams fans haven't been talking about it.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

oh and I agree $12,500 is way too small of a fine. When you intentionally tackle someone by the face mask and almost break a guys neck, a bigger fine and possibly a suspension are in order.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    $12,500? That's a lot to us, but...these guys probably spend that much on their toothbrush.
    The minimum fine should be whatever the cost is to the offended player's team.

IE: if a player makes $1.6M he is prorated $100K a game and if he sits it costs the team that plus whatever th emedical costs incurred, so if the fine is placed at the amount the player makes per game it is a good starting point.
    The best way to hurt these players is the pocketbook.... is about all that gets through their skulls...:\

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l