tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Cardinals get players to help interview for new coach

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9916444

Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner, wide receiver Anquan Boldin, defensive tackle Darnell Dockett and safety Adrian Wilson contributed as much as they could to Arizona during the season.

But they have been entrusted with the role of making even more important contributions during the offseason.

Each of the four players has been asked to interview the head-coaching candidates that have visited Arizona over the past week. The Cardinals want the players to conduct their own line of questioning and report back to ownership, which has formed its own impressions during its own interviews.

Monday, the Arizona players spent time interviewing Tenneessee offensive coordinator Norm Chow, who also met with Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart. On Tuesday, the Cardinals players and ownership group are expected to interview Steelers assistant head coach Russ Grimm.

It has created extra rounds of talks for the candidates, but the Cardinals want to do everything they can to come up with the best possible hire.
    its an interesting way of doing things, but its a good idea i think. 4 more opinions cant hurt.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Re: Cardinals get players to help interview for new coach

I respect Warner but it surprizes me that his name is on this short list. Wouldn't you want your starting qb to be asking pertinent questions? I understand KW has more experience than ML but something seems weird about this weird situation. Do Warner and Leinart think that much alike? Does it really matter to the Cardinals what Warner thinks compared to what Leinart thinks?

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

IMO Kurt Warner would have a lot more knowledge of the NFL than what Leinart would have.Leinart has only played 1 season whereas KW has been league MVP and won a SB.So you would expect Kurt to understand more about the intangibles involved in pro-football.Throw in the fact that KW is generally very well respected throughout the league,I can see why the Cards would use him in that way..:l

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

That's an interesting way of doing things. I think Norm Chow gets the job.

BatteringRAMPAGE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    That's an interesting way of doing things. I think Norm Chow gets the job.
    I think Chow does get the job, Also I think he lives in AZ, so that is a plus.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I hope they bring in Mike Martz to be interviewd by Kurt Warner. Love to be a fly on the wall for that one.