Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Cardinals keep on signing, this time S Robert Griffith

The way the Cardinals were spending, you'd think they had the kind of cap space Minnesota has been looming around ($30+M) but I don't think that's the case. Wonder if Hovan is the next to go to Arizona.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

DJRamFan Guest

Re: Cardinals keep on signing, this time S Robert Griffith

Like I said, Arizona could be very tough next year. The Griffith signing is a strong move.

theodus69 Guest

According to some......The Cards will still stink next year!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    According to some......The Cards will still stink next year!
    Theo, to be fair, I haven't heard anyone say the Cards will stink next year. In fact, I think everyone who's voiced an opinion around here has said they will be better than last year's 6-10. The Warner signing was a good one. He's exponentially better than any combination of McCown, King and Navarre.

Even AV (remember the laugh track) said they would be between 7-9 and 9-7. They're won't stink, but they won't win the super bowl either (sorry Pete Prisco).
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

My only question is how he's going to be used. Griffith is more of a strong safety, and the Cardinals already have a starting strong safety in Adrian Wilson, who had the best year of his career in 2004 and signed a long contract extension. I guess the Rams won't be the only NFC West team trying to transition a SS into a FS, because that's the only way Griffith is going to get solid playing time.

theodus69 Guest

If I'm not Mistaken, 6-10 was the concensus I got about Arizona! I just think alot may be worried about how well the washed up QB will do in our division! :tongue:

If I'm not Mistaken, 6-10 was the concensus I got about Arizona!
    I must have missed your survey then.

theodus69 Guest

Yeah, I'm sure you did! :tough:

So when and where was this consensus established?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

If I'm not Mistaken, 6-10 was the concensus I got about Arizona! I just think alot may be worried about how well the washed up QB will do in our division! :tongue:
    Well, Theo I can only speak on what I've heard, which is about 8-8. Personally, I think they could do as well as 10-6, but I'm just not seeing more than that.

And as far as Warner, he will probably do well. He is running an offense very similar to what he ran in St. Louis, he has a lot of young talented receivers, and a line that is at least better than what he had in New York.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

theodus69 Guest

Somewhere between here and LA Canada........I'm sure I'm wrong. I don't have all day to figure this out, but my memory must be failing. Sorry oh Great MOD I won't let it happen again! Unless I have all day to get the post quotes! :tongue:

theodus69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Well, Theo I can only speak on what I've heard, which is about 8-8. Personally, I think they could do as well as 10-6, but I'm just not seeing more than that.

And as far as Warner, he will probably do well. He is running an offense very similar to what he ran in St. Louis, he has a lot of young talented receivers, and a line that is at least better than what he had in New York.
    I figure 10-6 maybe 11-5 if we don't get better!!

Somewhere between here and LA Canada........I'm sure I'm wrong. I don't have all day to figure this out, but my memory must be failing. Sorry oh Great MOD I won't let it happen again! Unless I have all day to get the post quotes! :tongue:
    Good lord, all I was asking was where this consensus that YOU brought up came from. Seems like if you're going to say there's a consensus out there, you might want to be able to point to the source of information. But maybe that's just me.

sbramfan Guest

Concensus, Shmensus...

We have no idea how they'll be.

Here's my opinion of Arizona: There is no reason to expect that either the Rams, Seahawks, or Cardinals will be better than one another.

Seattle was able to retain their big 3, in Jones, Hasselbeck, and Alexander. Arizona added KW, Okeafer, and Griffith, and will probably pick up a good RB in the draft. Rams will hopefully have an improved D, but with Offensive line still an issue, and a full time Steven Jackson could be an "X" factor.

Doesn't sound like such a weak division to me?

Some analysis of losses and gains in the NFC West...

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    Seattle was able to retain their big 3, in Jones, Hasselbeck, and Alexander.
    But in the meantime, their defense has gotten worse. They lost Ken Lucas to free agency, lost Okeafor to free agency, and cut Anthony Simmons. They traded away their back-up quarterback. No significant upgrade has been made offensively - keeping three players that were on the team last year isn't an upgrade, but rather a downgrade since they let Jerry Rice go. So, IMO, Seattle has gotten worse as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    Arizona added KW, Okeafer, and Griffith, and will probably pick up a good RB in the draft.
    Indeed. However, they've allowed McKinnon to walk, creating a hole at middle linebacker, and traded away one of their better cornerbacks, creating holes in the secondary. Arizona has gotten slightly better, but not enough, IMO, by signing Okeafor and Griffith and Warner, but they still have major problems that need to be accounted for.

At this point, I'm not quite as concerned about Seattle as I was going into 2004, but I'm a bit more concerned about Arizona.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast