Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: Cardinals keep on signing, this time S Robert Griffith

Arizona is really doing well and spending $$.

Why can't we be get some of the first rate guys. I guess it's the cap.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Why can't we be get some of the first rate guys. I guess it's the cap.
    Your guess would be right, though I don't think Claiborne and Coakley are chicken feed. They're high quality players, IMO.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Yeah, maybe the division will be up for grabs! But I doubt it will be the top of the NFC. :upset:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

The Rams may not need stars if the team can play as one. We did get 2 quality LB's for less than one Bell or Pierce! But I'm hearing we paid a little to much for an aging Coakley. Not on this board(nick) just some fans here in the southland!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    The Rams may not need stars if the team can play as one. We did get 2 quality LB's for less than one Bell or Pierce! But I'm hearing we paid a little to much for an aging Coakley. Not on this board(nick) just some fans here in the southland!
    I'm no expert in salary management or anything, but I think the Coakley contract may look like much being for 5 years, but I doubt he sees more than 2 or 3 years of that. We paid him basically for what Dallas cut him to save, and surely he knows he's only got about 2 or 3 seasons left in him and will never live out all 5 years.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

thoey is offline Registered User

The thing that scares me is that some of you are predicting the Cards at around 8 - 8. With that record, that could be good enough to win the West if we don't improve...
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    The thing that scares me is that some of you are predicting the Cards at around 8 - 8. With that record, that could be good enough to win the West if we don't improve...
    I think we've already improved. While I certainly don't agree with most of Marmie's moves, at least now we have defensive personnel that he is more comfortable with. The potential for a good draft is clearly in front of us as long as we don't screw that up. I think we will be better next year.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, 8-8 will put the Cards in a dead heat with the Hawks for 2nd place.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

thoey is offline Registered User

HU, I wish I could share your enthusiasm. So far to me it seems the defensive changes we made are like this:

1. Move players from their natural or at least most experienced positions to positions they have either never played or played very limited.

2. Release people that we know aren't the right type for the system and bring in others that have been good in a different system but still wrong sized for this system (Guy from the Cowboys), or have had injury problems the last couple years.

What if it wasn't the players? You yourself have posted lots of great Marmie stats. Well, that you posted the stats was great, not that Marmie's stats were great.
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    HU, I wish I could share your enthusiasm. So far to me it seems the defensive changes we made are like this:

1. Move players from their natural or at least most experienced positions to positions they have either never played or played very limited.

2. Release people that we know aren't the right type for the system and bring in others that have been good in a different system but still wrong sized for this system (Guy from the Cowboys), or have had injury problems the last couple years.

What if it wasn't the players? You yourself have posted lots of great Marmie stats. Well, that you posted the stats was great, not that Marmie's stats were great.
    I'm no Marmie fan, no question there. At least with more size in the defense, Marmie will have something more in tune with his plans (which I don't think put him at the top of the D-Coord list), instead of trying to make sumo wrestlers out of marathon runners like last year.

Everything about Marmie appears to be unflexible. He can't adjust so if he can't then our players have to and if that means bulking up, moving heavier bodies to lighter positions or acquiring bigger players, then I say that's better than last year......hopefully.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

I miss lovie and the cover 2
    Last edited by psycho9985; -02-02-2006 at 10:18 PM.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

moklerman is offline Registered User

I don't follow the defense as closely as I should but didn't "they" say the Rams were going to keep running a cover-2 when Marmie got here? Was Marmie's problems in Arizona all the players too?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I believe after being hired, Marmie said he'd still incorperate some of the Cover 2 scheme, but would be shifting away from it with more blitzing and man coverage.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I believe after being hired, Marmie said he'd still incorperate some of the Cover 2 scheme, but would be shifting away from it with more blitzing and man coverage.
    We're seeing the man coverage, but I think the blitzing is still on back order.

Nidan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Indeed. However, they've allowed McKinnon to walk, creating a hole at middle linebacker, and traded away one of their better cornerbacks, creating holes in the secondary. Arizona has gotten slightly better, but not enough, IMO, by signing Okeafor and Griffith and Warner, but they still have major problems that need to be accounted for.

At this point, I'm not quite as concerned about Seattle as I was going into 2004, but I'm a bit more concerned about Arizona.
    Thanks for all trhe Cardinals love guys but I think you would find most of us over here in agreement with you.

IF Warner gets his form back watch out, if not we are still better off than we were with Shaun King as backup.

As for Ronnie Mac and Starks you are mistaken. I loved Ronnie Mac, I have a framed/signed jersey of his on the wall [long story] but he was getting old. We have a guy called Hayes who has been itiching to get a start at MLB [assuming we don't draft one].

As for Starks, great CB, very good cover skills, fast and willing and eager to play the run. Unfortunatly he has proved fragile, been hurt most of the last three years. He played last year with his shoulder in a harness after injuring it early.

The biggest issue here is CB, with all the RB in the draft and Alex and Edge available we are not to worried about RB. CB, now that is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidan
    Thanks for all trhe Cardinals love guys but I think you would find most of us over here in agreement with you.

IF Warner gets his form back watch out, if not we are still better off than we were with Shaun King as backup.

As for Ronnie Mac and Starks you are mistaken. I loved Ronnie Mac, I have a framed/signed jersey of his on the wall [long story] but he was getting old. We have a guy called Hayes who has been itiching to get a start at MLB [assuming we don't draft one].

As for Starks, great CB, very good cover skills, fast and willing and eager to play the run. Unfortunatly he has proved fragile, been hurt most of the last three years. He played last year with his shoulder in a harness after injuring it early.

The biggest issue here is CB, with all the RB in the draft and Alex and Edge available we are not to worried about RB. CB, now that is a different story.
    A couple of questions for you Nidan:

1. What has happened that all of a sudden Bill Bidwell is willing to spend money on name brand players?
    2. When did the aliens take away Bill Bidwell and replace him with a money spending android?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast