Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: James now in the west!!

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    Arizona could be kind of scarey next season as they just signed James to a four year deal!!

Man! This sucks!

Warner, James, Bouldin, Fitz and if they take Davis...WOW!!

the cards wont take vernon davis... if you look at denny green's teams throughout the years he has never utilized the TE position that well. So i do not believe he will draft davis. Also remember folks this is still the cardinals!!!!!!!! they have no offensive line and still have a losing spirit. they signed many players last year and still finished 5-11.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Re: Cardinals Offense Is Going To Be SCARY!!!

And I respectfully agree with you,No way does Edge signing with them make them a playoff team the Cardinals always have and always will be underachievers and will always find a way to lose.
    I can see why you'd think that but there are two problems with that line of thinking. 1. Everyone thought the same thing about the Rams and 2. that changed once the Rams started acting differently. I mean the similarities are rather blatant in some regards. Adding a pro-bowl rb to just about any roster is going to make it better if all else only stays the same.
    I think James is overrated anyway,
    I always thought he was overrated as well. When he was hurt, his replacements came in and played pretty well. But, they didn't duplicate or surpass his success and I gained respect for what EJ was able to accomplish. We'll all see if he can succeed in a new setting.

So i do not believe he will draft davis. Also remember folks this is still the cardinals!!!!!!!! they have no offensive line and still have a losing spirit. they signed many players last year and still finished 5-11.
    This is probably a moot discussion as V. Davis will be gone before #10 most likely. DG has been pretty faithful to his set of drafting rules though. Best player available is one of them and if V. Davis was there, I think he'd take him. Just as R. Bush is a special rb, I think V. Davis is unlike any te that's come out of the draft. Maybe it's just too much hype from the combine but the guy is very T.O.-like in his freakishness and I wouldn't want to be the team to pass him up.

As far as the Cardinals losing spirit, it's hard to argue with the decades worth of futility. But, having watched most of their games last year, I can say that they don't have a losing spirit at this moment. Record, yes. Spirit, no. Boldin, Fitz, etc. were increasingly frustrated and angry...visibly, when the Card's would lose last year and I think they've got the right attitude and optimism at this point. I'm not predicting playoffs or dominance or anthing at this point, but I don't believe that these are the "same old Cardinals".

Not wanting to get to deap into this thread (still interesting thought) but also, one has to remember that the Cards will be playing in a brand new, state of the art stadium this season. Put all those factors together and they might be able to move up the rankings ........... barring injury.

Also forgot to add.

There has been more discussion about how the cardinals are going to fair this season than on any cardinal web site ..... thats if you can find one thats alive LOL

All right Dez, let's watch the low blows. Let's not forget that the official Rams site forum is the one that got shut down. I know Rams fans won't want to hear this but there are some pretty knowledgable and definitely passionate Cardinals fans out there.

Put all those factors together and they might be able to move up the rankings ........... barring injury.
    It's not just the Cardinals, health is such a huge factor in any team's run to the playoffs. Look at our division last year. Who was healthy all year and wound up winning the division? I think the additions the Cardinals have been making just make the pack a little tighter. The Cardinals, Rams and Seahawks are all pretty close at this stage and it should be a slugfest in 2006. Which I actually like a lot more. Granted, there wasn't anything wrong with beating doormats from 99-01, but I took a lot more pride in the late 80's when the Rams would win the division over the good/great Niners teams...actually(had to look it up) '85 was the only year they beat them out but it was always a slugfest. 1988 saw three 10 win teams in the West.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    Not wanting to get to deap into this thread (still interesting thought) but also, one has to remember that the Cards will be playing in a brand new, state of the art stadium this season. Put all those factors together and they might be able to move up the rankings ........... barring injury.
    Great point Dez. The new stadium will not only give them their own house to defend (as opposed to playing in a college teams house), it will increase their fan base and attendance. If they can be sucessful at the beginning of the season, I think they will have something to build on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123