laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Cardinals trade with Patriots

Cards getting starting o-lineman Brandon Gorin (6'6"- 308 lbs) for an undisclosed draft pick.
    Excellent move for the Cards.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Cardinals trade with Patriots

Obviously losing starting T Oliver Ross for 3-5 weeks facilitated this move, but I do agree it is a good one that adds depth to a line with a history of injuries.

general counsel is online now Registered User

I would say it appears like a good addition, but i will never ever say that a trade is good or bad until i know what both sides gave up. The term undislcosed draft pick is very hard to evaluate.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The Cardinals gave up a seventh round pick which could be upgraded to a sixth depending on Gorin's performance.

Considering Gorin basically lost his starting RT job to rookie fifth-round pick Ryan O'Callaghan though, you have to wonder how much of an improvement he'll really be.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The Cardinals gave up a seventh round pick which could be upgraded to a sixth depending on Gorin's performance.

Considering Gorin basically lost his starting RT job to rookie fifth-round pick Ryan O'Callaghan though, you have to wonder how much of an improvement he'll really be.
    I had the same question Nick, but Gorin was good enough to be the starter in 18 of his 32 games for one of the better teams in the league, and he'll probably be a backup when Ross returns. He may not be an all-pro, but I do believe he is adding depth, which is something that Arizona has had a desperate need for in the past and if history is any indication, will need in the future.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I had the same question Nick, but Gorin was good enough to be the starter in 18 of his 32 games for one of the better teams in the league, and he'll probably be a backup when Ross returns. He may not be an all-pro, but I do believe he is adding depth, which is something that Arizona has had a desperate need for in the past and if history is any indication, will need in the future.
    Good points. My question about Gorin's starts were how many were as a replacement for Tom Ashworth and how many were actually because he won the starting job against healthy competition. Either way he provides solid depth but I don't know how much I'd expect him to really contribute if you have to count on him starting.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Good points. My question about Gorin's starts were how many were as a replacement for Tom Ashworth and how many were actually because he won the starting job against healthy competition. Either way he provides solid depth but I don't know how much I'd expect him to really contribute if you have to count on him starting.
    You're absolutely right. He was in and out of the Patriot starting lineup and the fact that he was let go in favor of a rookie does raise some questions. The way Cardinal lineman go down, I'm sure we'll find out just how effective he can be.