Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    moklerman is offline Registered User

Re: Cards Shocking Da Bears..

It was reported somewhere that Edge is the first rb in the history or the NFL to get 36 carries while averaging less than 2 yards per carry.

Also, Denny Green fired his offensive offensive coordinator Keith Rowen. This, with my admittedly limited knowledge of DG, seems pretty typical of how he likes to do things. He hires these no-name, expendible coordinators/coaches and then when things inevitably go wrong, he can huff and puff and fire them and act like he's doing something. While in the time leading up to whatever meltdown occurs, he's not taking care of business. Three straight years of 1-4 starts for the Cardinals under Green. He's changed OC's, DC's, QB's, RB's, lineman and stadiums. Maybe he should just look iin the mirror.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Sirius Satellite Radio: The Barber shop

Tiki Barber says Stevie Wonder would have had more yards the Edge did with that many opportunites.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Also, Denny Green fired his offensive offensive coordinator Keith Rowen. This, with my admittedly limited knowledge of DG, seems pretty typical of how he likes to do things. He hires these no-name, expendible coordinators/coaches and then when things inevitably go wrong, he can huff and puff and fire them and act like he's doing something. While in the time leading up to whatever meltdown occurs, he's not taking care of business. Three straight years of 1-4 starts for the Cardinals under Green. He's changed OC's, DC's, QB's, RB's, lineman and stadiums. Maybe he should just look iin the mirror.
    Exactly. The one constant in this equation is Dennis Green. He'll blame anybody and everybody to cover his own ass, but never takes the blame himself. At this point I don't think it really matters because his days in Arizona are numbered.

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Exactly. The one constant in this equation is Dennis Green. He'll blame anybody and everybody to cover his own ass, but never takes the blame himself. At this point I don't think it really matters because his days in Arizona are numbered.
    I think so too. Dennis Green is an overrated coach, IMO. He can put a team together, but they always lack resiliency. While watching the Cards blow their halftime lead, all I could think about was that 15-1 Minnesota team having a 20-7 halftime lead over the Falcons in the 1998 NFCCG, only to lose the game 27-30.

When the going gets tough, the tough might get going, but Denny Green teams roll over and die.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12