Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Carl Poston suspended by NFLPA!

NFLPA suspends agent Poston indefinitely
    By John Clayton
    ESPN.com

The NFL Players Association notified the NFL that agent Carl Poston has been suspended indefinitely.

The league office officially informed 32 teams in a memo that Poston can't be involved in negotiations for any player, nor can he be an adviser on any deals. The term of the suspension was "until further notice." It was unclear why the union termed the suspension "until further notice" when the original length was two years.

Poston filed suit in U.S. District Court in New York claiming his two-year suspension should be overturned. Congress was also inquiring about the NFLPA's agent certification process and how it related to Poston.

An eight-member NFLPA disciplinary board recommended a suspension when it claimed Poston had been negligent in negotiating a contract for former Redskin LaVar Arrington. The union claimed Poston signed the contract without ensuring it had a $6.5 million bonus clause that had been agreed upon.

Previous legal challenges of agent certification have been upheld at least two times in previous court cases. It is not known how the House of Representatives inquiry will affect the union's decision.

Poston recently signed cornerback Ty Law to a five-year, $31 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rams#1 Guest

Re: Carl Poston suspended by NFLPA!

I never liked him anyway, or I guess I never liked any agent because thay are always so darn greedy, Hopefully he will never be an agent for one of our players again.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Well, for someone who would not go to any teams because of money (Law), I think Poston did a good job finally getting things done for the guy. But, I wonder what he did anywys? Hmm.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams#1 Guest

Hmmm, I don't know. ahh I shall look it up then post it here when I find it. I still don't like agents.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6
    But, I wonder what he did anywys? Hmm.
    To get suspended? It says right in the article:

An eight-member NFLPA disciplinary board recommended a suspension when it claimed Poston had been negligent in negotiating a contract for former Redskin LaVar Arrington. The union claimed Poston signed the contract without ensuring it had a $6.5 million bonus clause that had been agreed upon.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rams#1 Guest

I can't read, or atleast that is what I told my 8th grade teacher back in the day.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    To get suspended? It says right in the article:

Nick I'm going to tell you something. Skimming is never good. lol

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I first read this article when I woke up at 5 A.M. I did not attempt to reply to it at that time, because at first glance, I thought the title said "Carl Poston suspended by NAMBLA!"
    Now, I don't honestly think I have ever seen a picture of Carl Poston, but I am willing to bet he wouldn't qualify for membership in the North American Marlon Brando Look-Alike Association. At 5 A.M., NAMBLA could only mean one other thing, which I will not mention.

Now you see why I try not to post early in the morning.

BTW, wasn't Poston Pace's agent?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Yeah, the Postons used to be Pace's agents back when we were going through the annual franchise-and-holdout routine. Eventually Pace fired them, and his new agents, McGuire and Smith, were able to get the contract extension worked out pretty quickly after that. Zygmunt claimed that the big holdup had been the Postons' hardline tactics and refusal to negotiate, so the front office had never gotten the opportunity to get their best offer on the table in the past.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Both of the Poston brothers are punks. One down, one to go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]