throwback week

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Carr signs for Panthers

Breaking news: David Carr has signed a 2year deal to join the Carolina Panthers.This move must put Jake Delhomme under pressure to remain the starting QB.IMO Delhomme will be on a short leash and if he plays as eratically as he did last year he will be hooked quickly..

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Carr signs for Panthers

Wow. I'll bet that Carr is their QB for this season. That could be interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is offline Registered User

i am shocked. I think al davis has lost all touch with reality. I cant believe he let carr go.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe Carr didn't want to go to Oakland, or maybe they just didn't want him. I'm not sure it would have been the best situation for him given how poor their protection was in 2006. The Raiders allowed 72 sacks last year and the only improvements they've made on their offensive line are signing Jeremy Newberry and Fred Wakefield. For a guy like Carr who through five seasons has been sacked an average of 50 times, I'm not sure how much success he'd find in Oakland.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Maybe Carr didn't want to go to Oakland, or maybe they just didn't want him. I'm not sure it would have been the best situation for him given how poor their protection was in 2006. The Raiders allowed 72 sacks last year and the only improvements they've made on their offensive line are signing Jeremy Newberry and Fred Wakefield. For a guy like Carr who through five seasons has been sacked an average of 50 times, I'm not sure how much success he'd find in Oakland.
    I agree Nick,

I'm thinking it will be tough for Carr to beat out Delhomme for the starting job.
    But if Carr should get in (injuries or bad play by Delhomme) it will be interesting to see how he does behind a solid o-line.

I understand why carr wouldnt want to go to oakland as a first choice, what i cant understand is why oakland didnt want him if that was indeed the case. Being such a huge carr fan (compared to many of the other starting qbs out there), I am surprised that more teams, especially the raiders, didnt want him as a starter. I respect carr for taking a backup job over a starting job (oakland) if thats what he chose to do. He has certainly made plenty of money.

I agree that he is going to give jake a run for his money, should be interesting to see what happens in carolina.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I feel bad for Carr, who has never really gotten a fair shot to showcase his talent. Mired in Houston and now relegated to a backup role. Is the QB market really this tight?

Mike, thats the bizarre part of it all. many teams need a qb, and yet teams are ALWAYS looking for a superman that they think is going to solve all of their problems. I repeat, david carr LED THE NFL last year in completion percentage. I am not saying that makes him an all pro, but 68% behind that crappy offensive line with a suspect running game makes him better than plenty of nfl starters.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Mike, thats the bizarre part of it all. many teams need a qb, and yet teams are ALWAYS looking for a superman that they think is going to solve all of their problems. I repeat, david carr LED THE NFL last year in completion percentage. I am not saying that makes him an all pro, but 68% behind that crappy offensive line with a suspect running game makes him better than plenty of nfl starters.
    I agree GC and would love to see what this guy could do with some reasonable support.

jkramsfan Guest

i think you will see him starting by the middle of the season, i think jake's better days are behind him.