Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,554
    Rep Power
    75

    Chargers LB Merriman Arrested in Domestic Call

    San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman was arrested Sunday and accused of choking and restraining his girlfriend, reality TV star Tila Tequila, as she tried to leave his Southern California home.

    Tequila, 27, signed a citizen's arrest warrant, charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment, San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman said.

    Deputies responded about 3:45 a.m. to Merriman's house in Poway, north of San Diego, after a woman called to say she was choked by the player and physically restrained when she had tried to leave, according to a Sheriff's Department statement.

    Merriman, 25, was taken into custody. Authorities declined to say whether he had posted bail or been released, pending an afternoon news conference.

    Tequila was taken to a hospital. Her condition was not immediately available.

    Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, is best known for "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila," which ran for two seasons on MTV. The bisexual dating show featured men and women vying for Tequila's affections. She has also modeled for Playboy and other men's magazines.


    Scott E. Leemon, an attorney for Tequila, said in a statement that neither she nor her representatives would comment publicly on the incident.

    Merriman's agent, Tom Condon, said he hadn't heard about the arrest when contacted by The Associated Press.

    Chargers general manager A.J. Smith didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

    Merriman was the 12th overall pick out of the University of Maryland in the 2005 draft, and had 39.5 sacks in his first three years. The three-time Pro Bowl selection was getting back into shape after missing nearly all of last season with a knee injury. He played little during pre-season games. The Chargers' season begins a week from Monday night at Oakland.

    Smith often speaks of signing "character" players, yet the Chargers have had their share of off-field problems in recent seasons.

    Nice too see this guys is off the roids


  2. #2
    jkramsfan Guest

    Re: Chargers LB Merriman Arrested in Domestic Call

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman was arrested Sunday and accused of choking and restraining his girlfriend, reality TV star Tila Tequila, as she tried to leave his Southern California home.

    Tequila, 27, signed a citizen's arrest warrant, charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment, San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman said.

    Deputies responded about 3:45 a.m. to Merriman's house in Poway, north of San Diego, after a woman called to say she was choked by the player and physically restrained when she had tried to leave, according to a Sheriff's Department statement.

    Merriman, 25, was taken into custody. Authorities declined to say whether he had posted bail or been released, pending an afternoon news conference.

    Tequila was taken to a hospital. Her condition was not immediately available.

    Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, is best known for "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila," which ran for two seasons on MTV. The bisexual dating show featured men and women vying for Tequila's affections. She has also modeled for Playboy and other men's magazines.


    Scott E. Leemon, an attorney for Tequila, said in a statement that neither she nor her representatives would comment publicly on the incident.

    Merriman's agent, Tom Condon, said he hadn't heard about the arrest when contacted by The Associated Press.

    Chargers general manager A.J. Smith didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

    Merriman was the 12th overall pick out of the University of Maryland in the 2005 draft, and had 39.5 sacks in his first three years. The three-time Pro Bowl selection was getting back into shape after missing nearly all of last season with a knee injury. He played little during pre-season games. The Chargers' season begins a week from Monday night at Oakland.

    Smith often speaks of signing "character" players, yet the Chargers have had their share of off-field problems in recent seasons.

    Nice too see this guys is off the roids
    what the hell is he doing with that tramp,doesn't mean he should choke her because he should be arrested for that,but c'mon dude you can do better than her.

  3. #3
    rams#1 Guest

    Re: Chargers LB Merriman Arrested in Domestic Call

    I see mr merriman is still a tough guy.

  4. #4
    eldfan's Avatar
    eldfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greenville N.C.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Chargers LB Merriman Arrested in Domestic Call

    One thing NFL players should have learn by now is the Commissioner is not playing he don't have to wait for courts to rule.
    :ramlogo:

  5. #5
    rams#1 Guest

    Re: Chargers LB Merriman Arrested in Domestic Call

    Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    One thing NFL players should have learn by now is the Commissioner is not playing he don't have to wait for courts to rule.
    maybe the NFL needs a lockout to show the players that the NFL is not something that you are given, you have to earn the right to play. and when players doe these things it's like they are going by their own rules.

  6. #6
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,859
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Chargers LB Merriman Arrested in Domestic Call

    Merriman is saying that he restrained her and locked her in the house to prevent her from drink driving.

    How true that is we wont know, but it certainly makes you think a bit differently about the situation if its true. Still, this is just another in a long line of domestic violence calls involving NFL players

  7. #7
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,672
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: Chargers LB Merriman Arrested in Domestic Call

    I heard the incident happened after a double date with claude wroten and his girlfriend. If true, immediate suspension is appropriate, and when i say investigation, i mean by the commissioner.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  8. #8
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,945
    Rep Power
    130

    Re: Chargers LB Merriman Arrested in Domestic Call

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Merriman is saying that he restrained her and locked her in the house to prevent her from drink driving.
    Stopping her from drinking and driving is one thing, but putting his hands around her throat and choking her is another. Any bruises or cuts on her neck should make things more clear.

    Anytime the police have to become involved, the league is not going to like it. Pushing Roger Goodell's buttons these days is not a wise thing to do, and Merriman already has a history of doing just that.

Similar Threads

  1. Homer says; Rams upset Chargers
    By laram0 in forum Articles by laram0
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -11-01-2006, 01:10 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: -11-01-2006, 12:24 AM
  3. Chargers injury report
    By Rambos in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -10-27-2006, 01:38 PM
  4. Replies: 46
    Last Post: -10-26-2006, 05:59 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -07-29-2005, 01:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •