gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Cheatriots handed another win

I will admit that I dd not watch the whole game, so things could have "evened out", but I doubt it. I turned it off shortly after the catch, three steps, and football move by Edelman was fumbled and then video replay ruled incomplete by the officials because he didn't take two steps. Add that blatant disregard for the integrity of the game to the Jets' first and goal at the one (was originally ruled a TD after about 15 seconds of wonderng if they show award the TD) was ruled incomplete, and it once again looks like the league is not going to allow a team, that "shouldn't beat the patriots" to win the game.

Is there ever gonna come a time when the "announcers" and the "sports writers" are gonna finally say enough is enough, and we can't report this crap in the cheatroits favor? When the "announcers" can C.L.E.A.R.L.Y. see a blantant hold and takedown on the replay, and say "I didn't see anything wrong with that", I cannot trust the "sports professionals" to tell the truth about the game.

gap

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Cheatriots handed another win

The announcers did seem pretty biased. McCourty had a pretty obvious hold on Santonio Holmes across the middle and the announcers claimed they saw nothing wrong with it. That along with the fact that they seemed to mention "hall of fame quarterback" or "Among the greatest all time" every time they talked referenced Brady, which got old. They had a bit of a love affair with Brady.

However, I'm not sure the refs were clearly in favor of the Patriots. I didn't get to see the Edelman fumble. The Hill fumble was a good call, so was the non-catch for a TD by the Jets, he clearly didn't come up with up with it. Don't forget the refs also overturned a TD catch by Thompkins, which was a good call as well.

The only time I thought the call was really bad was the Manigold penalty at the end. Talib tried to dance and be cute, and which point Manigold dove at him to push him out of bounds, only then did Talib dance his way out and away from the dive, which caused Manigold to hit his legs instead of his waist. That was my opinion at least. Talib seemed to want that pick 6, which was a stupid move because I know everyone here has seen a guy play around with an interception only to fumble it back to the other team. He'd already won the game, he should have just gone out of bounds.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Re: Cheatriots handed another win

Since I didn't see most of what you reported here, I cannot comment on it. I admitted that I stopped watching the game cause it was obvious to me that the officials wanted the cheatroits to win.

I will take issue the the "non-catch for a TD". That was ruled a catch and TD. While it is true that it wasn't a TD, and the replay showed that, it was a catch; which the replay could not refute. Why was it a catch? Because there was not a SINGLE FRAME of film that showed the ball touching the ground. There was a whole stream of film showing it on the LB's stomach, and it also showed the WR and LB competing for control. Since "simultanious catch" goes to the first to touch it, it is Jet's completed catch at the one. Since the first down marker was at the two, it should have been first and goal for the Jets instead of 4th and 7.

gap