gap
    gap is offline Registered User

The cheatroits strike again

I don't know why I punish myself. I guess it is for the rare opportunity to see their opponent outplay their assisting zebras. But I had to turn it off when their failed wide-right FG attempt was given a second chance when the kicker tripped over a defender that was laying on the ground two feet in front of him. Roughing the kicker? Really? I know a LOT of kickers wish they had that lkind of protection. I kknow for sure that Wilkins would have like that protection in our first loss of 1999.

Most of the time I watched this game, I was surfing the net, trying to figure out were Mike Pereira's (he was mentioned during the game) home town is. Why do you ask? Well, I work with someone that grew up in the northeast, and his last name is Pereira. He is a HUGH cheatroits fan.

Whats more... What happend in 2001? No before thier SB "win". Even before the "tuck rule" that helped beat the stealers. Yes, Mike Pereira was made the director of officials after only a few years as an actual NFL official, and a few years later became the VP of Officials. It appears that he just stepped down after this past season. What happened during that time? Some of the most one-side officiating in favor of a particular team since the mafia.. errrr I mean Debartalo run 9ers. Amazing how someone who is probably a homegrown cheatroits fan becomes the Director of Officials the exact same year that the cheatriots rose to a "dynasty".

I still cannot find anything on the net that shows where the former VP of Officiating grew up, but I suspect I know why it is such a hard fact to find.

gap

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: The cheatroits strike again

Not sure there is a conspiracy, but the cheatriots do get a lot of calls their way. The Tuck rule makes me throw up every time I see it, literally disgusting. I also agree that tonights roughing the kicker was beyond ridiculous.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Actually, it wasn't hard to find at all...

Pereira was born and raised in Stockton, Calif. and graduated from Santa Clara University in 1972 with a B.A. in Finance. Pereira now lives in Sacramento with his wife Gail.

Here's a link to the article I found this in:

Former NFL VP of Officiating joins FOX Sports - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    Actually, it wasn't hard to find at all...

Pereira was born and raised in Stockton, Calif. and graduated from Santa Clara University in 1972 with a B.A. in Finance. Pereira now lives in Sacramento with his wife Gail.

Here's a link to the article I found this in:

Former NFL VP of Officiating joins FOX Sports - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN
    Good find. This link didn't show up in the first 5 pages of the google search for Mike Pereira or Mike Pereira hometown.

I still say that the cheatroits get away with way tooo many rule infractions, while their opponents suffer from some of the most ticky-tack application of the rules. How many teams do you think would have gotten away with spygate? Dallas, SF, Denver, and the NY area teams would be the only ones to have a chance. Now that I think about it. With the way they are applying the rules to the stealers here lately, they'd more than likely get away with it like the cheatroits did.

gap

Keenum is offline Registered User

I am fully convinced that Goodell tried his hardest to cover up as much as the spygate scandal as possible, because he knew if it were to get out just how much the Patriots cheated it would be devestating to the NFL. Some guys on ESPN before the release of the tapes were even saying stuff like "if the Patriots used these games and gained an advantage they should have to forfeit those games, even THE FIRST SUPER BOWL." Mark Schlereth was one of those guys on there. Of course Goodell tried to make it appear like the Patriots did nothing wrong and the tapes didn't help them at all. Why in the heck did he even burn those tapes in the first place? Way too suspicious for me to believe those tapes didn't help New England during their playoff years.