BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Cheifs Fans=Jealous

I currently live in Columbia Missouri attending college and for those of you who don't know that is about smack-bab in the middle of the state, about 120 miles east of KC and about 117 west of StL. Anyway, is wasn't until I got here that I realized just how much KC people hate STL sports, especially the St. Louis Rams. Its absolutly rediculas how much these people HATE the Rams seeing as how the two teams only play eachother once every 3 years and no one in St. Louis cares about KC in the least. They say that the we don't deserve a football team despite the fact that we had 11 straight years of NFL sellouts and claim that STL is not a football town when more college recruits come out of St. Louis then any other place in the state.

This all stem from the fact that the Cheifs have not sniffed the SB since the 60s and we came out of nowhere and won it in 1999, and in dominating fashion. This all came to a head this year when they invaded the Dome and acted like they won the SB when they beat a 8-8 team. Have any of you guys encountered what I like to call the "little brother complex" that is the KC Cheifs fanbase.
    :\

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Re: Cheifs Fans=Jealous *******s

Nope, and personally I don't care what they think about my team. Most people...well everyone I've met have said they don't mind the rams. I've never really met anyone who was like "OMG I HATE THE RAMS". Everyone I know doesn't mind us..

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Well thats at least good to know that we are cool with everyone on the east coast

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Nope, and personally I don't care what they think about my team. Most people...well everyone I've met have said they don't mind the rams. I've never really met anyone who was like "OMG I HATE THE RAMS". Everyone I know doesn't mind us..
    As I agree that I don't care what people think about the team I root for, I can tell you for a fact that in So. Cal, there are plenty of Ram haters. Football fans here either love the Rams (lots of old fans like myself that stayed with the team after the move) or those that absolutely hate them because they left. I personally know quite a few "ex-Ram" fans that now root against the blue and gold and pull for them to lose every week. Some of them are past season ticket holders. The bad taste it left in their mouth just can't be rinsed out it seems, no matter what. And of course, there are plenty of Oakland/LA/Oakland Raider fans here too that hate us. But what do we care about that? It's the Faiders we're talking about. You just hit them on the nose with a wet newspaper and they go away. San Diego Charger fans are usually pretty cool about it, and don't care one way or the other.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Down here in Springfield, I occasionally run into an arrogant Chiefs fan. One thing that really gets them is reminding them that they are nothing better than Dallas Cowboy rejects (they used to be the Dallas Texans before moving to KC).

Most of the ones wearing Chiefs stuff don't know a thing about football, they just think it's cool.

If they want to brag about how great their team is, I always have a smartaleck comeback. My favorite is still "Miss any critical field goals lately?"

LOL, I use the feild goal thing often as well.

But there is one thing that I can allways fall back on. Somehthing that no one can ever take away, and that is that the Rams have a Super Bowl.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I see it all of the time with people that I work with; especially with all of the Chef's fans in central MO. I used to live in Columbia and have to go to JC for work quite a bit and it is precisely as you call it; little brother syndrome. I grew up on the east side of the state, so I have always identified with StL more so than KC. Most KC residents and Chefs fans are like that pesky little brother that you just want to thump on the head to shut them up; but they run and cry to Mom whether you did it or not. I'm totally with you on this one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    Most KC residents and Chefs fans are like that pesky little brother that you just want to thump on the head to shut them up; but they run and cry to Mom whether you did it or not. I'm totally with you on this one...
    Very true and very, very funny. Go Lyn Elliott!:l

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    I currently live in Columbia Missouri attending college and for those of you who don't know that is about smack-bab in the middle of the state, about 120 miles east of KC and about 117 west of StL. Anyway, is wasn't until I got here that I realized just how much KC people hate STL sports, especially the St. Louis Rams.
    I expeienced this personally. I spent a year at Mizzou Law School and still maintain good terms with a family of my best friend from the area. When my wife and I visited in 1999 (the Super Bowl season) she ridiculed me for being a Rams fan. Actually she ridiculed the entire NFC. Now I am from Connecticut, which remains Giants and NFC territory despite Pat dominance. I had already relocated to Rockford illinois where the Bears, Packers and Vikes (due to many Swedes) are the talk. Amazing!

P.S. It is ChIEfs, not ChEIfs.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I went to Arrowhead Stadium for a preseason game to see my Rams. I parked and got out of my car and was immediately barraged with shouts questioning my sexual orientation, the status of my parentage, and what sort of oral vacuum that I could apply to some Chiefs fans anatomy. Although not actual streets, there are traffic ways you have to cross to get into the stadium, but the motorists would not let me cross. This was while avoiding some beer bottles tossed my way. I mixed into a crowd of Chiefs fans crossing the trafficway, enduring further oral abuse, before being able to enter the stadium. Before I went to my seat, I felt a tug on my jersey from behind. Expecting to turn and see a child, it was a short elderly woman that informed me that I could buy a better shirt in the Pro Shop there at the stadium. I had a great time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I went to Arrowhead Stadium for a preseason game to see my Rams. I parked and got out of my car and was immediately barraged with shouts questioning my sexual orientation, the status of my parentage, and what sort of oral vacuum that I could apply to some Chiefs fans anatomy. Although not actual streets, there are traffic ways you have to cross to get into the stadium, but the motorists would not let me cross. This was while avoiding some beer bottles tossed my way. I mixed into a crowd of Chiefs fans crossing the trafficway, enduring further oral abuse, before being able to enter the stadium. Before I went to my seat, I felt a tug on my jersey from behind. Expecting to turn and see a child, it was a short elderly woman that informed me that I could buy a better shirt in the Pro Shop there at the stadium. I had a great time!
    Man if I ever go to Arrowhead I am going to get in a fight.

I will not go to Arrowhead again - but not because of the Chiefs fans. The last Rams game that my daughter Lauren and I got to go to together was at Arrowhead. Below is the last picture I ever got to take of her.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thats sad.

Yeah, it really is.

It was hard the first time I went to the EJD after Lauren had died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Yeah, it really is.

It was hard the first time I went to the EJD after Lauren had died.
    That has to be the hardest thing imaginable brother. Thank you for bringing a lot of fun and entertaining posts to your friends here at CR and keep on keeping on my friend.