Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ram Dragoon

Thread: *****' Chris Culliver arrested, facing felony hit-and-run charges

Rambos is offline Registered User

*****' Chris Culliver arrested, facing felony hit-and-run charges

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com
    March 28, 2014 7:47 pm ET

More NFL offseason: Mock Drafts | Prospect Rankings | Pro days | Top free agents

Forty-Niners cornerback Chris Culliver was arrested Friday on felony hit-and-run and weapons possession charges, according to KTVU.com.

The San Jose Police received a call around 10:21 a.m. PT that a bicyclist had been struck by an automobile that fled the scene. Details of what happened next via KTVU.com:

An eyewitness saw the accident and followed Culliver's vehicle until he cornered him in the area of Mekler Court. He attempted to block Culliver's vehicle from leaving.

Authorities said Culliver got out of his car, threatened the eyewitness with brass knuckles and then got back into his vehicle and fled. In the process, he struck the eyewitness' car.

San Jose police arrived on the scene and took Culliver into custody without incident. A search of the vehicle uncovered the brass knuckles, authorities said.

Culliver was arrested on charges of felony hit and run for striking a bicyclist, reckless driving causing an injury, felony possession of brass knuckles and misdemeanor hit and run for the striking the vehicle.

KTVU reports that the bicyclists was treated and released with minor injuries.

The ***** have issued a statement on the matter.

"The ***** organization is aware of the recent matter involving Chris Culliver. We will remain in contact with Chris and the local authorities as we continue to gather the facts regarding this situation. As this is an ongoing legal matter, we will reserve further comment at this time.”

Culliver missed the 2013 season with a torn ACL, and is perhaps best known for his anti-gay comments in Jan. 2013, prior to Super Bowl XLVII. He apologized days later, saying, "I'm sorry if I offended anyone. They were very ugly comments. Hopefully I learn and grow from this experience and this situation."

Originally a 2011 third-round pick out of South Carolina, Culliver has one year left on his rookie deal.

Chris Culliver is the favorite to start opposite Brock, reports the Sacramento Bee.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: *****' Chris Culliver arrested, facing felony hit-and-run charges

Moved to NFL Talk since this is not Rams related.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Sorry Nick I thought i was in NFL talk.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

What a piece of garbage! I'm sure he'll just get a slap on the wrist.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Lets see how this plays out with Roger and his NFL image campaign. Maybe a slap on the wrist depending on Culliver's record which I don't know if there are other legal issues in his past.

I just shake my head and wonder what these guys are thinking. Its not a knock on professional athletes that I'd think they are more prone to these sort of issues, perhaps is society in general. But regardless it does paint a negative image that there is a "thug" mentality with some teams or the profession. Its unfair in most respects to paint an organization/sport/profession with such a broad brush--but these football players got to know that ANYTHING they do will make it in the news. I bet there was other hit-an-runs that same day that never made the news. Sadly, as a celebrity, you just have to do it better and cleaner then your average Joe.
    laram0 likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    What a piece of garbage! I'm sure he'll just get a slap on the wrist.
    He should be banned from the NFL.