ramhard is offline Registered User

Chris Terry released

Chris Terry, RT of Seattle released. Backup option? He's had injuries and off field problems, could be had with an incentive laden contract for backup purposes? Or just stay clear?

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

Re: Chris Terry released

stay clear for now and if no one goes after him in the next week then we can look into it

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

2004 Scouting Report - Football Scouts Inc.
    Name: Chris Terry
    Position: Offensive Tackle
    Grade: 70 | Key
    Alert: C

Comment:
    Terry possesses great upper body strength and rarely allows defenders to get into his frame. Shows great range, plays under control in space and has the change of direction skills to adjust to the moving target at the second level. As a pass blocker, has the quick first step to prevent edge rushers from turning the corner, uses long arms to ride edge rushers past the pocket and can hold up on an island. Has missed just one game with an injury and durability isn't a concern at this point. However, Terry is a better pass blocker than he is a run blocker and he can be a locker room distraction at times. Doesn't have great lower body strength, doesn't play with a mean streak and struggles to get movement in short-yardage situations. If he can stay out of trouble and play with intensity consistently, Terry is capable of developing into a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Also he was suspended for four games in 2003 for substance abuse and personal conduct policy.
    Here's what Scouts inc. had to say
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I think we've had enough problems dealing with our own RT with personality issues.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Zig , I was really hoping you would have filled the check list! the More I read ,the more I hear we kinda stunk in the FA market! But then I also know a team that plays together needs no stars!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

It's my 'Offseason Checklist' not my 'Free Agency Checklist,' and the offseason's far from over. :redface:

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Yeah, now I see! Offseason means offseason.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Seahawks release ORT Terry

From Pro Football Weekly:

Seahawks release six-year veteran Terry

Character and injury concerns led to the release of Seahawks starting ORT Chris Terry. A solid starter after being picked up on waivers in 2002, Terry served a four-game suspension in 2003 and missed seven more games last season with a shoulder injury. The presence of younger, cheaper offensive linemen like Wayne Hunter softens the blow for Seattle.

PFW: Should an OT-needy team consider picking up Terry?

Reynolds: With character and especially consciousness of legal wrongdoing becoming key points of contention in building a roster, Terry won't be snatched up quickly. He's a solid starter and a veteran who has been in the playoffs multiple times, but his rap sheet could scare teams off.

Dallas, Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Detroit all are in the market for a solid right tackle. The Cowboys had considered moving Flozell Adams to the right side instead of forcing second-year OT Jacob Rogers into action, but those plans are on hold. The Titans released Fred Miller (Bears) and the Steelers (Oliver Ross signed with Arizona) and Lions (Stockar McDougle signed with Miami) are looking to replace veteran starters.

Terry is physical but focus and weight issues have prevented him from being recognized as a top talent. He needs a perfect fit to be a top starter, and a team like the Rams might make sense. The motivation of facing the Seahawks twice per season and the presence of veteran leaders across the Rams' offensive line could be nice draws.