Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Coincidence or not? Schefter thinks the Whiners may be interested in Michael Vick...

Are ***** angling for Vick?
    Posted: Adam Schefter

The ***** are being secretive about their offensive plans, but itís not hard to connect the dots in this case.

The ***** are interviewing former Falcons head coach Dan Reeves today for their offensive coordinator vacancy. Reeves was Atlantaís head coach in 2001, when the team traded for the No. 1 overall draft pick to use on QB Michael Vick.

One day earlier, the ***** interviewed Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson, who used to coach Vick in Atlanta. And San Francisco also has expressed some interest in former Falcons wide receivers coach Mike Johnson, who coached quarterbacks in Baltimore and also knows Vick well.

So, some of the candidates the ***** have begun to focus on all have connections to Vick, who could be back in the NFL as early as this summer after being released from federal prison.

No team has a greater need for a quarterback than the *****, but this isnít to say they will pursue him. But the coaches theyíre pursuing now all know and have worked with Vick.

And if thatís not enough of a conspiracy theory, then consider this: On Thursday, the ***** signed former Falcons CB Jimmy Williams, Vickís college teammate who lives in Hampton, Va., the next town over from where Vick has a house.

Might all just be coincidence. But might not.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Re: Coincidence or not? Schefter thinks the Whiners may be interested in Michael Vick

not a coincidence at all its on espn.com, but i couldnt read it cause im not an "insider"

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Coincidence or not? Schefter thinks the Whiners may be interested in Michael Vick

Well good. Hey, if the man did his time, he paid his debt.

He without sin cast the first stone.......

general counsel is offline Registered User

I agree that he paid his debt and he should get out of jail. That doesnt mean that i would want him to represent my business without a sincere apology and a real act of contrition for starters, neither of which has been forthcoming to this point.

More importantly, i think vick is hugely overated as a qb having nothing to do with the dog issue. A human highlight film? Sure. Athletic ability? Of course. But accuracy, leadership and dropback passing skills? No way. Coachability? Zero evidence of that up to this point.

For the whiners, at short money, its probably not a bad risk if you get over the PR nightmare. Of course, a lot of the PR stuff will go away if he helps them win.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

If anything Singletary could keep him in line, but I agree that he is over hyped, plus he will be severely out of game shape and rusty for being out for so long. If he does flop, one could only hope that it would be with the *****...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

What better team to screw than the whiners? This should be an elixir for Rams fans.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    What better team to screw than the whiners? This should be an elixir for Rams fans.
    Well put, that is kind of what I was trying to say...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...