Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Colts | Brock signed

AP reports Raheem Brock signed a five year deal with the Indianapolis Colts.

The Colts still have 11 players who could become unrestricted free agents next week, including two-time NFL rushing champ Edgerrin James, starting linebacker David Thornton, defensive tackle Larry Tripplett and former Pro Bowl kicker Mike Vanderjagt.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Colts | Brock signed

I think the most intriguing thing about the Colts in FA is what they decide to do about their Restricted Free Agents, namely Cato June and Gary Brackett. Both of these played very well last season, and Cato June would be an awesome addition.

Im not keen on Brackett though, as he was the one who injured Bulger in the Colts game on MNF

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Who is Brock?
    RamsFan16

He's a Colts DE. He put up numbers pretty similar to Hargrove's last year while splitting time with Robert Mathis. He was still the starter in front of Robert Mathis the last two years, even though Mathis has been hitting double digit sacks. I've been kind of keeping an eye on the Colts because half their defense is up for free agency, and they're supposedly right up against the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    He's a Colts DE. He put up numbers pretty similar to Hargrove's last year while splitting time with Robert Mathis. He was still the starter in front of Robert Mathis the last two years, even though Mathis has been hitting double digit sacks. I've been kind of keeping an eye on the Colts because half their defense is up for free agency, and they're supposedly right up against the cap.
    The Colts might find themselves hardpressed to offer both Brackett and June high tenders, and if they don't they will have a problem matching any offer from another team

Yeah, they're going to have to let somebody walk. Cato, Brackett, Thornton (the other LB), Mathis, and Tripplett are all 3rd or 4th year players. I'm not that interested in Tripplett, but I wouldn't mind having any one of those other four.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    Yeah, they're going to have to let somebody walk. Cato, Brackett, Thornton (the other LB), Mathis, and Tripplett are all 3rd or 4th year players. I'm not that interested in Tripplett, but I wouldn't mind having any one of those other four.
    I didnt realise Mathis was a free agent as well. And seeing as how they have resigned Brock it seems likely he will leave. Its likely they will try and keep June, seeing as how he was a pro bowler and everything, but he may ask for too much. Their position in the draft will allow them to draft a linebacker though, so they can probably afford to let at least one of the guys go

megas711 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    I didnt realise Mathis was a free agent as well. And seeing as how they have resigned Brock it seems likely he will leave. Its likely they will try and keep June, seeing as how he was a pro bowler and everything, but he may ask for too much. Their position in the draft will allow them to draft a linebacker though, so they can probably afford to let at least one of the guys go
    The pro bowl... does anyone watch that anymore? It doesnt even seem to be much to be a pro bowler nowadays. All of the top players never want to go so they get the next best.

Sorry for wandering off topic
    There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    I think the most intriguing thing about the Colts in FA is what they decide to do about their Restricted Free Agents, namely Cato June and Gary Brackett. Both of these played very well last season, and Cato June would be an awesome addition.

Im not keen on Brackett though, as he was the one who injured Bulger in the Colts game on MNF
    I doubt Bulger would have any hard feelings. Rodney and Trent were pretty cool with each other after the incident.