Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: Comments on Halftime Show

Those were the Stones playing at half-time? I thought it was a commercial for the California Raisins!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

It's not that the NFL didn't have a lot of famous musicians from Detroit. It took me all of one minute to find all of these names. Not all of them are "family oriented" enough to be seen at the SB. (i.e., Kid Rock, Madonna, etc.) Many of them are now gone.
    Personally, I would have loved to see Kiss open up with "Detroit Rock City", then Smokey Robinson, Bob Seger, Diana Ross, Alice Cooper, Grand Funk, and many more, get up on stage and do one big show featuring a medley of top ten hits made famous by Detroit musicians who have passed on.
    Here's that list I gathered:

Kid Rock, Madonna, Alice Cooper, The White Stripes, MC5, Iggy Pop/The Stooges, Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, George Clinton/P-Funk, Diana Ross and The Supremes, Jackson 5, Smokey Robinson, Temptations, Marvin Gaye, John Lee Hooker, Funk Brothers, Four Tops, James Jamerson, Alberta Adams, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas, Marvelettes, The Knack, Sponge, Aaliyah, Insane Clown Posse, Uncle Kracker, Mitch Ryder, The Romantics, Grand Funk Railroad, Marshall Crenshaw, Juan Atkins, Carl Craig, Derrick May, Kevin Saunderson, Royce da 5’9”, Von Bondies, The Dirt Bombs, The Detroit Cobras, Richie Hawkin, Stacey Pullen, Eddie Fowlkes, The Demolition Dollrods, The Gories, Anita Baker, Wilson Pickett, Nolan Strong, Andre Williams, Sippie Wallace, Joe Weaver, Was (Not Was), Hush, Johnnie Bassett

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

That's quite a list RFS! I think KISS or Bob Seger would have been great or many of the classic Motowners, but you know how it goes. It’s the what have you done lately? I haven't had a chance to hear the whole latest Stones album, but the critics like it. I still think the NFL goes for the name recognition thing.

I actually had a chance to work XXVII in Pasadena. I was what I call a roadie. Me and about 200 other guys pushed out the stage "pieces" for Michael Jackson’s half-time show. We were supposed to get seats, but the 300 teenage girls that they used for fans got them instead! What a waste. We had to watch the game on monitors outside in a tent, before and after halftime. Anyway we waited in the tunnel of the Rose Bowl until we got the signal, pushed in the stages, 75 of them, about 8’ by 15’into the Rose Bowl. Bolted them together, then lifted up the speakers and turned to the “crowd of fans” while they faked excitement. We actually ended up holding them back because the girls really got into it. After he was done we broke the stage down and took them back into the tunnel. Here’s what I got out of it:

I got to meet Garth Brooks at his sound check-Cool Dude!
    Saw Michael Jackson do a warm up lip sink and watch 200 “roadies” half-heartedly clap for him. You should of seen his face!
    A chance to high-five several Dallas Cheerleaders!
    A sweat shirt and a pair of black Levi’s
    And me and my buddies did the 3 Stooges thing and walked in backwards to the NBC tailgate party-free booze!

And a memory to last a lifetime. Man I wish the Rams didn’t move dang it!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Ya I was kind of worried about Keith and Mick,I was hoping for no heart attacks live on stage.That 7 sec. delay wouldnt have changed a thing.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Ya I was kind of worried about Keith and Mick,I was hoping for no heart attacks live on stage.That 7 sec. delay wouldnt have changed a thing.
    Actually the 7 second delay allowed them to dub out a couple of words or phrases in the songs. That is why the sound disappeared for a couple of seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

bruce_wannabe Guest

what are all you guys talking about????? i cant believe what im hearing.... the stones are classic and yes their old but they still play a damn good show regardless....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12