MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Congrats Steelers

Bettis - you finally got your ring.
    Congrats to the Steelers

[SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Congrats Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    Bettis - you finally got your ring.
    Congrats to the Steelers
    Congrats to the Steelers, yes. Now, I just hope that Bettis goes away. I grew very tired of his story. Maybe now he can retire and be the spokesperson for some weight loss medication. He could lose a few pounds.

On the brighter side, the losing team in the Super Bowl has a history of tanking the following season and not making it back to the playoffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

RealRam is online now Registered User

:up: Steelers deserved this one, even while having an estimated 80% of the people in the stands waving the TTowel = Pittsburg fans.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Sorry to be a grinch, but no congrats from here to the Steelers for "winning" the SB. The refs did all they could to make sure that the Steelers "won" the game and everything they could to screw the Hawks. I am by no means a seachickens fan but just see things the way they are.

Seehawkrun is offline Registered User

We may not have won had the game been called correctly, but I think we (and all NFL fans deserved the Super Bowl to be a fair game. And it wasn't.

15 yard penalty for tackling the ball carrier after an INT, is that new to the rulebook this year?

Helmet. Touchdown. Wrong.

Offensive PI on the Djack TD? Are you sure? Pretty questionable call.

However, I'm proud of my Hawks. They played a solid game despite some mistakes and drops and poor refs. We'll be back next season.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Seehawkrun
    We may not have won had the game been called correctly, but I think we (and all NFL fans deserved the Super Bowl to be a fair game. And it wasn't.

15 yard penalty for tackling the ball carrier after an INT, is that new to the rulebook this year?

However, I'm proud of my Hawks. They played a solid game despite some mistakes and drops and poor refs. We'll be back next season.
    NOW are you willing to admit that the Pats stole 36?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Seehawkrun

If the Hawks would have played a solid game they would have won. No way was that a solid game, dropped passes, missed FGs, Jackson stepping out of bounds on a sure TD, poor clock management.

Ben's TD couldn't be overturned the ball could have crossed the goal line, it was very close. Correct call, no evidence, no overturn.

Djack pushed off, was it ticky tack? Yes. Is it a penalty? Yes. Is it called consistantly? No. Should it be? Yes.

What about the Hawk fumble by (Stevans) I think. He had possesion and fumbled, but they called it incomplete.

The refs didn't cost the Hawks the game, the Hawks lost it on their own.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

The refs didn't cost the Hawks the game, the Hawks lost it on their own. --Ramsbruce
    To some, that statement may sound simplistic but I think it is true.

[From another thread] I don't believe the Zebra men were favoring anybody. In fact, the play when Matt took off running and the ball came out from under him as he slid and hit the ground ... I thought that was called correctly as a fumble (recovered by Steelers), because the so called "contact" on him by the defender was only incidental -- Matt was already going down on his own effort to slide. Instead, the call was overulled and the ball given back to Seattle. --RR
    :football:

And yes, Steven's "incomplete" pass could've been called a completion, thus a fumble, a ball that would have been recovered by the Steelers DBs ... i.e., another call that Seahawks fans would be specifically criticizing and blaming as an added factor for their loss.

It was a tough game in that Pittsburg did not overwhelm Seattle -- there is room left to speculate and argue. But the Seattle Seahawks organization is classy enough to see it differently.

In addition to the facts stated by Ramsbruce and others here and in other threads, the Steelers D contained Alexander very effectively.

Seattle fans, you had a G-R-E-A-T season. I think the entire NFL recognizes your achievements and salutes you for your success.
    Last edited by RealRam; -02-06-2006 at 07:56 PM.

As Detroit's Ford stadium was filling up yesterday, the feeling that Pittsburg was the local favorite, yea, even as the local "sweetheart", became evident. Terrible towels and all.

It wasn't hard to see how SB XL all of a sudden became the Jerome Bettis / Bill Cowher story, that is, all of a sudden before the actual game, a week ago or two.

Likewise, for the losing team -- the Seahawks -- that story now becomes a hard pill to swallow. A bitter - Bettis farewell situation, a terrible officiating performance. So many what if's rise up in the minds of the losing party, like nagging and numbing ghosts.

I felt that way during (and after) SB XXXVI, despite the fact that the Rams were heavily favorites to win.

So ... Seahawks fans, as mentioned already, you had a GREAT season, the NFL MVP, etc., etc. You most definitely have nothing to be ashamed of. Kudos for a terrific year and, for sure, we shall meet again.

:angryram:
    Last edited by RealRam; -02-06-2006 at 08:20 PM.