Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Coughlin Sticking with Manning As Starter

I'm not sure if I trade for Brees if I'm Dallas and it's going to cost a first rounder and more. Brees has had one good season to counter one very poor one and another less than stellar season. I'm not sure if that's the kind of production I'd say is proof of anything. Let's not forget he has arguably the best running back in football behind him and a top three tight end to throw to. His receivers aren't big names, but they're not shabby either, especially with the acquisition of McCardell. This isn't to say that Brees's production is because of his supporting cast, but that has to be factored in, especially considering his 2002 and 2003 seasons.

Between Drew Henson and the depth in this year's QB class, I think Dallas can find a capable starter elsewhere, especially considering they have two first round picks in 2005. They could either package both and trade up into the higher rounds to take one of the elite signal callers in Rogers or Leinart (if he decides to come out), or they can take someone like Orton or Walter later in the first day, both of whom I think can be capable starters in a Dallas system that doesn't require heroics from the quarterback.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Hell, Warner could go to the Titans, the Raiders,The Seahawks , Dallas would end his career, they kinda suck !But Warner could start anywhere given the chance. Don't kid yourself! :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Titans could be a possibility IF McNair retires. Raiders....not a chance. Warner has ZERO chance of starting over Collins. Seahawks will go back to Hasselbeck.

I'm not so sure that Warner has as many options or the faith of very many GM's that you guys may perceive he does.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tx
    Seahawks will go back to Hasselbeck.
    As long as, A) they can get him signed, B) they want to sign him after his lack-luster performance this year, and C) he is a higher priority to sign than Alexander, Jones and Lucas, or D) there's enough cap left over after they sign Alexander, Jones and Lucas.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

moklerman is offline Registered User

So much depends on which coaches actually stay or go. I'm not convinced Holmgren will be staying in Seattle. If he takes the San Fran job, like some have speculated, why not take Hasslebeck with him? I don't think Matt's terribly thrilled about the prospect of playing with the "droppsie twins" again next year. Shanahan's a question mark too. It's possible that he won't be in Denver next year and maybe taking the Miami job.

I think Detroit is a viable option for Warner at this point. Marriuci knows Warnrer about as well as any opposing coach in the league and the Joey experiment looks like it might be coming to an end. Mooch didn't draft Joey so I don't know that there's much loyalty there. It will be interesting to see where Warner ends up, that's for sure. I hope he learned his lesson and is fed up with bad offensive schemes/line's and chooses somewhere that at least pretends to try and put a good o-line on the field.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    Hell, Warner could go to the Titans, the Raiders,The Seahawks , Dallas would end his career, they kinda suck !But Warner could start anywhere given the chance. Don't kid yourself! :tongue:
    Yes, Warner could go to all those places. And he could start anywhere, but will teams give him the chance to start is the real question?

It seems as if Kurt will only go to a team that offers him the chance to start - why, I'm not sure. But the Titans have their QB in Volek if something happens to McNair, the Raiders seem to be content with Collins and they have a young gunslinder in Marques Tuiasosopo who many are impressed with. The Seahawks already have a grizzled veteran in Dilfer, so they're looking for a young QB to be the future for their franchise. If it's not Hasselbeck, it certainly won't be Warner.

While Kurt proved he still has what it takes to be efficient on the field, he didn't do much to disprove the idea that he has hand problems that affect his ability to handle the ball. People are going to be thinking of that as much as the positives he's done in his limited time this season.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12