Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Could Warner and Martz reunite in Arizona?

From Matt Maiocco's ***** blog at the Press Democrat...

The NFC West is in a state of flux.

The Rams and Seahawks have new head coaches (Steve Spagnuolo and Jim Mora, respectively). The ***** awarded the permanent head-coaching job to Mike Singletary, who proved himself during his trial run over the final nine games of the season.

Even the Cardinals - winners of the NFC West and narrow losers a week ago in the Super Bowl - are not immune to dramatic changes.

The coach, Ken Whisenhunt, remains in place. But he will be hiring two new coordinators. Todd Haley, who ran the offense, is now Chiefs head coach. And Whisenhunt fired defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast.

There are rumblings two recent ***** discards could be hired to those top roles with the Cardinals.

File this one in the rumor category . . . but I've heard that the Cardinals called the ***** on Friday to ask for the cell number of Mike Martz, whom Singletary fired two days after the season. I have not been able to confirm this happened, so take it for what it's worth.

So might Whisenhunt seriously consider Martz as the man to take over the offense? Might that help convince Kurt Warner to go ahead and sign a two-year deal to remain with the Cardinals? Certainly, the Cardinals' talent on offense would seem to be a better fit for Martz's offensive style than what he had last season with the *****.

Wouldn't that be great? Let's face it, the NFC West is a more enjoyable division when Martz is around.

And Billy Davis is considered a top candidate to replace Pendergast as defensive coordinator. Mike Nolan hired Davis to be ***** defensive coordinator in 2005. But Nolan lost faith in Davis and began taking over most of the defensive-coordinator responsibilities. After two seasons, Davis was fired. He has spent the past two years as Cardinals linebackers coach.

This could get very interesting.
    A Martz-Warner reunion in the desert? Purely speculation at this point, but Martz is available and the Cardinals do have a vacancy at OC. Stay tuned!

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Could Warner and Martz reunite in Arizona?

Martz and Warner reunites? It's possible, it's possible!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

is that good or bad for Warner ? he made it through all 16 games this season.will he do the same if Martz is OC. alot of people blame Martz for Warners injuries,so I guess my question is will he protect Warner better this time around ? I heard a little tidbit on the local news the other day,they said in the 3 seasons that Warner started all 16 games, 1999,2001 & 2008 he ended up going to the Super Bowl, so keeping him upright and healthy would have to be the number 1 priority in my mind.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Definitely a probability, i.e., more than merely possible. I think that would be a good ... make that an excellent, reunion. Ramp up an already potent offense there.

HornIt is offline Registered User

Put this in the 'not a chance in H E double hockey sticks' category.

Whisenhunt isn't about to go scrapping his offense to install Martz's offense.

He's not about to bring in a ego like Martz's to disrupt what they've been building.

Maurice Carthon or Russ Grimm are the favorites to fill the spot from within.

The Cardinals don't need to call the ***** to get a hold of Martz.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Didn't Warner and Martz part company from each other under less than favorable terms? I mean Warner's gotta remember that it was Martz that threw him under the bus when he cut without so much as a "thank you" let alone a card and flowers. I'm not sure that if the Tards hire Martz that Warner goes ahead and retires.

Heck, on second thought lets all hope that is exactly what happens!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    He's not about to bring in a ego like Martz's to disrupt what they've been building.
    Agreed. The last thing Whisenhunt needs are any distractions, and Martz has proven to be a big distraction everywhere he's been. I'd be shocked if this actually happened.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Might that help convince Kurt Warner to go ahead and sign a two-year deal to remain with the Cardinals?
    More likely than not, I think it would convince Warner to hightail it into retirement as fast as his 38 year old legs could carry him. Martz almost ended Warner's career once...I'd hate to see him get another crack at it.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Crazy how things happen no???